Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Illidan not using Warglaives of Azzinoth in Cathedral of Eternal Night?

So I was just watching Toweliee's stream and noticed Illidan is using the DH New artifact skin rather than the Warglaives of Azzinoth. Is there actually a reason for this that we know of or is Blizzard just throwing a curveball?

He lost his glaives back at BT, why would he be using them?

Deleted
    My death knight stole them.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Why aren't we using them Q.Q

Deleted
    He has them at the end of Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    He's used them on other recent occasions, iirc.
    such as? aside from being resurrected on NH, Illidan hasnt appeared in the game since his defeat at all, other than the appearance at the quest "The Hunter and the Prince"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sintry View Post
    He has them at the end of Nighthold.
    Wich is stupid because, as we saw, once imprisoned the Wardens took the DH glaives, and you want to tell me someone kept the glaives all this time only to give them back to him once he was resurrected?

Deleted
    such as? aside from being resurrected on NH, Illidan hasnt appeared in the game since his defeat at all, other than the appearance at the quest "The Hunter and the Prince"

- - - Updated - - -

Wich is stupid because, as we saw, once imprisoned the Wardens took the DH glaives, and you want to tell me someone kept the glaives all this time only to give them back to him once he was resurrected?
    Except we learn in the Illidan Novel that when he was imprisoned they were displayed outside his cell. It can be assumed that the same happened when he was killed.

He wasn't holding them in the Burning Crusade cinematic either, then drops the skull of Gul'dan, jumps up in the air, and suddenly has his warglaives in both hands. If we ignore silly video game logic of pulling a million items out of an inventory that we can't see like Legend of Zelda, the logical conclusion would be that he can just magically summon them to his location wherever they are. I'd say he's powerful enough to do that.

And he couldn't do it when imprisoned because of the warden's spells that kept him from using his powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan is bound to his Glaives, he can summon them from anywhere, as long as the link is still there. (Source:Illidan Novel)

7+ Year Old Account
    So I was just watching Toweliee's stream and noticed Illidan is using the DH New artifact skin rather than the Warglaives of Azzinoth. Is there actually a reason for this that we know of or is Blizzard just throwing a curveball?
    because we took them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because we took them?
    we also took Atiesh

Official art of blizz

I recall Maiev picking up my glaives a few feet from me and giving me them when I was freed xD

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This just sounds like a small fix. Sounds like Illidan needs to have his warglaives in the dungeon as well.

Perhaps it's still the Warglaives of Azzinoth, except they've been "activated" for more power? Or perhaps, in the same way the players empower their artifacts, Illidan has done the same to his?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Perhaps it's still the Warglaives of Azzinoth, except they've been "activated" for more power? Or perhaps, in the same way the players empower their artifacts, Illidan has done the same to his?
    so you want to tell me illidan started playing and grinding ap at the end of NH and he already is even with the players? yeah the catch up mechanics are strong indeed

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    so you want to tell me illidan started playing and grinding ap at the end of NH and he already is even with the players? yeah the catch up mechanics are strong indeed
    Sure, what the hell, why not

- - - Updated - - -

but we saw him with the glaives in the DH starting zone, as Gul'dan and Cordanna take his body, he has the glaives when gul'dan breaks the body out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe when we killed the Demon Within in Nighthold the Warglaives lost most of their power so he picked up the Slayer's cause he is a gloryhog and the Illidari all have their lips firmly affixed to Illidan's cock?
    well, the Illidari are not afraid of snakes, don't know what else you expected

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    More likely he just mogged them.

deffo seen him with both the azzinoth blades and the challengers skin
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!