Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is worth knowing for my toon about to hit 110, no reason to wait for her to be better geared before attempting this stuff since it won't matter.

Does this scaling affect dungeons/raid mobs?

RIP questing as a healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Does this scaling affect dungeons/raid mobs?
    It is currently I doubt it is on purpose though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

rip wow if this is not a bug

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs*...cleared all the zone quests on ilvl 880 BM hunter...mobs just melted...didnt notice any of this

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

It is currently I doubt it is on purpose though.
    Hmm that definitely sounds like a bug.

Although I just checked the world boss, and the elite WQ mob that was next to it, and neither of them were affected by the scaling.

I am still 2-3 shotting everything

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If there is any strength increase out there in the world while linked to ilevel I sure have not felt it. Been out there on 6 different characters today and simply put the more powerful I was the quicker the enemies melted. My low end characters took longer to kill things than high end characters. My 880 DK was 1-2 shotting enemies. While my 820 druid and Paladin were taking a longer time.

So either I'm the lucky one and this didn't happen to me, or MMOChampion posters have once again been able to make Everest out from something smaller than a molehill.
    It's the second one. Somebody was claiming it looked like 1 ilvl gave a non elite mob 13k more health. That's nothing. It's just to make the content a LITTLE less steamroll-ie. Pretty sure that if this system wasn't in place, we'd all be one shotting mobs around the Broken Shore in our 930 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjo410 View Post
    Is this only Broken Shore or all Legion mobs? I could perhaps understand the reasoning if it was just Broken Shore to emphasize the neverending threat of the Legion. But if it's all mobs, the most retarded change ever. You should outgear mobs as you progress, if not, why play this game at all if you don't experience a sense of progress.
    it's only broken shore, mobs on the isles seem to be unchanged.

Has to be a bug, they specifically said they wouldn't do this and if they were going to make such a drastic change they would of made a blue post about it pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    If that is true then what is the point of getting gear anymore?
    They might as well just remove all stats from gear, if they are doing this.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    it's only broken shore, mobs on the isles seem to be unchanged.
    Why would you post something like that without checking it? It's everywhere. This is trivially verifiable.

10+ Year Old Account
    We certainly could use a bit of scaling at the low end, mobs were rather mean once you freshly dinged 110.

Scaling at the high end would not necessarily be w/o precedence either.
    Mobs in areas released as patch content always had a higher base HP and more grunt to them than "vanilla" addon mobs.
    Scaling in that regard would merely ensure that the entire world is affected w/o making things even rougher for freshly dinged folks.

I'm sure raiders will faceroll everything either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Scaling at the high end would not necessarily be w/o precedence either.
    Mobs in areas released as patch content always had a higher base HP and more grunt to them than "vanilla" addon mobs.
    Scaling in that regard would merely ensure that the entire world is affected w/o making things even rougher for freshly dinged folks.
    It would be entirely without precedent, given that it's never happened before. That's what precedent means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What is the point of gear progression if mobs are gonna scale up as you get better gear?
    The same point it's always had, which is to defeat progressively more difficult instanced bosses.

Previously it also allowed you to steamroll outdoor mobs on your dailies, mass-pull and AE dungeons, and so on.

What if raid bosses scaled with gear too? Imagine that every time one of your raidmembers got an upgrade, the boss' health and damage inches upwards to compensate. How would that make you feel, gearing up and knowing it totally doesn't matter? Would you still care about getting that gear? What would keep you playing the game?

While I think there should be some scaling there should still be power progression.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    While I think there should be some scaling there should still be power progression.
    There is. People at 900+ itemlvl are still slicing through mobs, it's not like they're new 110s at ilvl 800 whiffing away for 15 seconds per kill. Mob health scales significantly with player ilvl, well over an additional 60% from what I've seen, but the scaling isn't linear with player damage increases.

It still feels really bad.

Although I still pretty much oneshot everything even on my 870 alts, I don't like this change, I don't like level scaling that much either and I don't like where things may go later... Power and level progression is essential, if everything is always scaled to character's level and gear, then what's the point in having levels and gear?

I quit TESO when they rolled out non-optional level scaling T_T It's fine when such things are optional, but forced/mandatory scaling is a deal-breaker for me.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-29 at 04:55 AM.

Has there been any official announcement or are people just Chicken Little'ing this?

I did the questline on 4 of my characters so far. The lowest being ~840 and the highest being ~900 and I didn't notice anything of the sort. Things took longer to die on my lower ilvl toon as expected, and I pretty much decimated anything with little to no effort on my high ilvl characters.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.