Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    DId they whisper you before you got kicked? Else it could be a malfunctioning instance where people get kicked randomly. I have been kicked out of heroics only to find that others also were kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    The community isn't elitist because of one incident....
    You're completely right. It's not elitist because of one incident.

It's elitist because of countless incidents, comments, and overall behavior.

This game is fucking toxic. If you're not grossly overgeared for whatever you're doing, you're apparently objectively "bad."

10+ Year Old Account
    I removed your screenshots, please block out names if you want to use them.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post
    Yesterday (or the day before, I can't remember), I did LFR Gul'dan (ugh) and this shitty bear druid kept charging out of empowered bonds and standing with melee (he'd turn the boss if melee moved) and I called him out on it and he kicked -me-, even whispering me "cya nerd"

Obviously he had no Ahead of the Curve or anything worth talking about lol
    It can happen, just pretty rare. My more typical experience is someone who can heal queueing as heals and basically afking. You call them out doesn't matter how bad they are, what things they do people won't vote them out. But you? Ya they might vote you out.

Also I recently queued LFR Darkbough as tank on my warrior, proceeded to pull all of the trash before Nythendra. Proceeded to single handidly kill all of it and heal myself. People were bitching at me because everyone else was basically afk and/or not really doing anything. Didn't bother to check the I lvl of my group though before doing that. Long story short, it wasn't until they had all died several times and were bitching and moaning and trying to kick me while I'm just sitting there soloing the place that I realized they were all just geared enough to queue LFR.

They could have just watched me solo it and it would have been faster. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Why can't you do more than 200k DPS? A level 100 does 200k DPS. That's just shit and I'd have kicked you too. Why would I want to waste time carrying entitled bads who think they deserve to be carried by people?

Learn how to DPS by practicing on the dummies and then try again.
    because it's a heroic dungeon and not a mythic +15 and the guy's not even 840 yet.

read the op, jesus.

OP you just got a bad group. It happens. Not representative of overall player base. Most geared toons can solo heroics at this point - even DPS - so most of us could care less if there are carries in the group. Most of us have alts and we pug heroics on our barely-geared alts so we experience both sides of it. Who can be bothered to vote-kick when the dungeon will be over before someone else joins?

Don't over-think it. Probably won't happen again any time soon, and you'll be one of the ones carrying (instead of being carried) soon enough.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Wow. So OP admits casual approach, low but not under geared, no third relic slot, dies once on a new boss a majority of players have never seen, and the conclusion jumped to immediately by many responses is that he's bad, should l2p, don't expect to get carried, etc.

Jfc it's a heroic dungeon in group finder. Not sure if removing him was elitist but many of the responses here certainly are.

Scumbag pricks kicking a lowly geared player from heroics, just despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Why can't you do more than 200k DPS? A level 100 does 200k DPS. That's just shit and I'd have kicked you too. Why would I want to waste time carrying entitled bads who think they deserve to be carried by people?

Learn how to DPS by practicing on the dummies and then try again.
    Is this a joke or just entirely wrong? Good luck doing 200k on a fresh 100. Hell, outside of CDs or AoE, good luck doing 200k on a fresh 110.

Always been like this friend. Frankly, people aren't looking to carry people who are 100 ilvls lower then them. 835 at this point is equivalent to basically 0 effort. Its a shame it happened, but if you are surprised by this I'd unsub. This game isn't for you any more.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    If you're under performing it's only natural to expect to be removed but if you're under performing in comparison to people with 70 ilvls on you then it only takes a small slither of logic to realise that isn't a fair way to treat someone.

Like, sure for raids if you enter with a lower ilvl on the grounds you've convinced the raid leader you're a good player - and under perform... Your boot is justified. But if you're doing queueable content and have the ilvl for it then really... You just got unlucky.

I do 2-3 rhc a day (most days), 2 tanks over 900 ilvl and a DPS that isn't far off... I'm nearly always double the next persons damage and I've never once kicked someone for "being bad"

You aren't entitled to a spot in a dungeon just because you queued up. Stop acting like the world owes you something and that there is something wrong with everyone else because they don't cater to you.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Either we are missing context, you are not providing all information, or this was just a freakishly stupid group.

Were they all from the same realm? If so, then even if they weren't saying anything, they may have been talking to each other about it.

Beware of groups have have 4 people on the same realm, because this kind of stuff does in fact happen. Although it is exceptionally rare.
    If the kick system still works as it has since mid Cataclysm, a group of folks who queued together will get their kick timer hugely increased when they /kick, so, actually, with your sacrifice, you are contributing to the greater good.

This is not elitism, this is the lack of social elements due to being anonymous while doing a dungeon with randoms especially thanks to x-realm feature (you probably will never meet that person again anymore syndrome). People don't speak to each other, so they usually don't even think that the others 4 party members are human beings. They don't ask why your gear so low, they don't care about you, they have no regreds to kick you out and destroy your gaming experience. This is a real cancer. There were times when reputation was the top priority why gathering a dungeon group, now you can be a total dick and stil have your spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    I decided to come check out the cool new stuff in 7.2. Was doing my quest chain then it sent me to CoN heroic. We were on 2nd to last boss and I died (i was dps and group didn't wipe). The group looked like it had really geared people, I didn't check their gear but they had like 3.5mil hp for dps and 5mil hp tank from different servers. I was reading the "Kick everyone under 200k dps" thread the other day and now this happens to me.

Is this what WoW has become now? Elitists everywhere?

Edit: Context
    My Ilvl was 835 at the time, haven't got 3rd relic slot yet (just made an alt few days ago and is time gated)
    Everyone else is 900+ ilvl.
    feel free to armoury the people on recount if you don't believe me.
    some screenshots from recount for those who assume im doing 150k dps
    <snip?>
    You should maybe stop "checking out new cool stuff" every new patch for few weeks and then quit.

You get kicked, because you let people down(not only performance wise, but also how much you have invested compared to others)and the vote is democratic.

This is what happen when u introduce social degrading mechanisms. Well in general, majority of ppl are stupid, so need to get used to that. I personally dont give a fuck, can cary ppl in group, as long as they dont constantly die from stupid sheit

Chances are you weren't pulling your weight (835 compared to the group who seem to be around 900 ilvl) and messed up a mechanic as you died (maybe not but seems likely)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Like I had posted in the "kick everyone under 200k dps" thread...

Wanna stay learn to play.
    A level 100 does 200k DPS in fully itemized gear with BiS trinkets and a Legendary ring lol... Also I would have LOVED to see you playing in the first few weeks of the expansion being out, doing 200k+ with no 3rd relic and shitty gear. It's possible for some classes with that low of item level obviously, but I mean common, top guilds had like 280k DPS with 860'ish ilvl in EN HC the first week, this dude doesn't even have his 3rd relic unlocked
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2017-03-29 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vzz View Post
    This is not elitism, this is the lack of social elements due to being anonymous while doing a dungeon with randoms especially thanks to x-realm feature (you probably will never meet that person again anymore syndrome). People don't speak to each other, so they usually don't even think that the others 4 party members are human beings. They don't ask why your gear so low, they don't care about you, they have no regreds to kick you out and destroy your gaming experience. This is a real cancer. There were times when reputation was the top priority why gathering a dungeon group, now you can be a total dick and stil have your spot.
    100% This!
    Back in Vanilla/TBC i made so many friends in dungeons. We added to the list so we got contacts. Players were nice because it would get you invited back.
    Now is just the go go go go syndrom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Chances are you weren't pulling your weight (835 compared to the group who seem to be around 900 ilvl) and messed up a mechanic as you died (maybe not but seems likely)
    So what?
    The OP if it makes a mistake will die, hes 835 while the rest outgear the content can make 2 or 3 mistakes in a row and be alive.
    It's a HC dungeon stop being a idiot ass, i only kicked ppl from dungeon when they are toxic to others or me, when they are offline or AFK.

So what?
    The OP if it makes a mistake will die, hes 835 while the rest outgear the content can make 2 or 3 mistakes in a row and be alive.
    It's a HC dungeon stop being a idiot ass, i only kicked ppl from dungeon when they are toxic to others or me, when they are offline or AFK.[/QUOTE]

No one really wants to carry people, can't blame anyone. And it's not like gearing is hard - world quests offer 860 gear now...