Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Maybe if a bunch of crazy protestors weren't trying to harm a 10 year old and the First Lady, police presence wouldn't be an issue. But god forbid a bunch of mentally deranged protestors avoid blocking traffic and creating a scene. Don't ask them to change. It's not as if they won't still be outside Trump tower with their pussy hats and conspiracy signs.
    I was wondering what sort of stupid, mental pretzels would be used to justify this behavior by the fiscal conservative crowd. Thanks!
    "If only the left didn't hate them the First Lady and child wouldn't need all this protection."
    Yeah, OK. As if the American left is the only group targeting our leaders.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I think it would be more appropriate for her to live in the White House, which she has said she will do once their son is out of school. But since there is no law against it, not sure what can be done. A petition in itself may not accomplish anything. But a act of congress in passing a law would. So that is how Congress should handle it. But the President has veto power and it will take 2/3 of the votes to override it. Not likely.
    It isn't about forcing her to move in, it's about the fact that federal taxpayer's money goes into security for the First Family and it would appear that the security costs for the Trump's to be in New York City is higher than it would be if she lived in the White House with the rest of them

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I do. The complaint is also about the cost of nypd, which won't lessen. And so long as the Trump's consider Trump Tower a home, SS will need to protect the premises from attack or security vulnerabilities. It's a stupid argument. One born solely out of partisan bickering.
    Hmmm... it's almost as though Trump having all these interests all over the place that he hasn't divested from is causing problems.
    And that the American public can never tell if he's holding court in all these Trump properties so that he can reap millions in taxpayer money, or whether it really is worth tens of millions for Barron to not switch schools mid-semester.

Hmmm...
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Except they're not really getting anything from staying in the Trump towers, everything is going towards expenses, not their pockets.

I agree with the golf outings though, that's downright shady and I don't see how it's legal. That and having his daughter in the white house screams of insider dealings.
    The sad thing about all this self-dealing is that Trump doesn't really gain all that much from it, in the grand scheme of things the couple million bucks he might get from charging the government to use his properties is nothing compared to what he could make if he really abused the power of his office. But this I think speaks to his mentality - fundamentally he's a small time huckster and not a dangerously corrupt manipulator. In one respect that's good, because at least we won't be getting robbed blind for that much, but on the other hand, how did we elect such a petty loser as president?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Except they're not really getting anything from staying in the Trump towers, everything is going towards expenses, not their pockets.

I agree with the golf outings though, that's downright shady and I don't see how it's legal. That and having his daughter in the white house screams of insider dealings.
    Those "expenses" include things like making the secret service pay rent at Trump Tower, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes. Every other president's children, in recent memory, lived in the WH with their father. Melania hates the Donald so much she'd rather stay in New York though.
    Didn't Chelsea live at college with a permanent SS detail taking up quarters there as well?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Maybe if the left stopped encouraging violence against Trump and his family that money could have been saved. Videos of him getting shot get promoted as free speech, people are encouraged to punch his supporters, etc.
    Just because you have an axe to grind with liberals doesn't mean you're as right as often as you think you are.

The presidential family will ALWAYS have extra security, it's always been that way, always will be. Nothing about your post would change that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

While this does sound like a huge waste of money, a change.org petition is about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop. Has change.org ever directly resulted in actual change?

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as i appreciate that she wants to stay there for her son, she probably should have to move to the WH.