Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    HAPPY ARTICLE 50 DAY EVERYONE!!!!

(genuinely sent that as a greetings card to a lot of my remainer friends - there's going to be some angry people when they check the post in the morning)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

(genuinely sent that as a greetings card to a lot of my remainer friends - there's going to be some angry people when they check the post in the morning)
    No offense but you are either a really horrible friend or just a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Did you mean more accurately on behalf of 1 country and 26 vassal states? Weren't they supposed to have a response ready within 48 hours of being served?

Not like they have had 9 months to prepare or anything...
    "We got your letter, the clock is ticking now, you will hear from us in due time."
    That kind of response?
    Yes that one will be ready within 48 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Are you sure that you are friends with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Erm, the second the Brexit referendum was over, I was convinced that the British will blame the EU for everything negative 50 years after leaving it. It's much easier than admitting they fucked up. And rationale seems to have taken its hat last year in the UK. Don't count on them being actually reasonable anytime soon.
    If it makes you feel any better, as a Britishman I will be blaming the ignorant, racist, and just plain old half of the country that voted to leave the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, as a Britishman I will be blaming the ignorant, racist, and just plain old half of the country that voted to leave the EU.
    Well, I meant the general UK decision body. I'll sympathize with the 49% every day. But the other 51%? Ruining the party for you lot.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Well, I meant the general UK decision body. I'll sympathize with the 49% every day. But the other 51%? Ruining the party for you lot.
    And us 49% are supposed to be happy and join in for the ride with big smiles being all in it together blah blah blah blah. While the 51% acts as if the result was 98%-2%

There needs to be a change in the law where referenda like the Brexit one can never be used as anything more than an opinion poll , like it was designed as. 30%ish of the entire population voted to leave. Hardly democratic when you think about it.
    RETH

Legally the referendum was nothing more than an opinion poll though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And us 49% are supposed to be happy and join in for the ride with big smiles being all in it together blah blah blah blah. While the 51% acts as if the result was 98%-2%
    Yep. And the 49% also doesn't put in nearly enough of a fight to actually merit more than just sympathy.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    There needs to be a change in the law where referenda like the Brexit one can never be used as anything more than an opinion poll , like it was designed as. 30%ish of the entire population voted to leave. Hardly democratic when you think about it.
    Whichever way you try and frame the result, less people voted to remain in the EU than voted to leave it.

If it is undemocratic to leave, then it would be more undemocratic to remain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So many people in this topic is all for EU lol. Really you can say it seriously that EU is good thing? Why organisation on top of your government can be good? No one can even pick mp for EU, thief from Poland was picked to be head there again, and even people from Poland hate this guy (German blood anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

This is how democracy works. If you don't like it migrate to commie country.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    WTF are you talking about?!? 51% IS MAJORITY! AND THIS IS HOW FUCKING DEMOCRACY WORKS!
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-03-29 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    "We got your letter, the clock is ticking now, you will hear from us in due time."
    That kind of response?
    Yes that one will be ready within 48 hours.
    Are you sure? I heard Wallonia is not allowing it to be sent back, maybe sometime in 2018 if the EU is lucky. What kind of fucked up democracy is that? Ah well goodbye EU, can't say it was nice knowing you and Hello World!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Are you sure? I heard Wallonia is not allowing it to be sent back, maybe sometime in 2018 if the EU is lucky. What kind of fucked up democracy is that? Ah well goodbye EU, can't say it was nice knowing you and Hello World!
    I love you man, on the one hand the EU is a dictatorial regime stymieing the UK, and on the other hand, you complain that Wallonia has real and direct influence over the EU...
    (do you think they have a special deal or something?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    I love you man, on the one hand the EU is a dictatorial regime stymieing the UK, and on the other hand, you complain that Wallonia has real and direct influence over the EU...
    It's typical anti-EU thinking. It's either too powerful or too impotent, depends on what is more comfortable to argue at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Whichever way you try and frame the result, less people voted to remain in the EU than voted to leave it.
    The referendum was a shitshow, in no small part because the electorate was never asked, what then, and more importantly, was never asked about the common market or the customs union.
    Indeed, many Brits seemed to be under the impression that one could leave and stay in those, which while one can would be stupid.
    If you would like i can link the surveys where a majority wants to stay in the common market, but leave the EU - Even among Leave voters that's a majority.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Only in a negative way does it have influence. 26 of 27 can wish for something positive to happen, or 96% of the EU, but 1 of the 27, or 4% can throw a wobbly and say no and it doesn't happen.

That's why the EU can never achieve anything. How can it be democracy when 4% can overrule the majority? Isn't that how Kim Jong Un rules North Korea?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

7+ Year Old Account
    How can it be democracy when 4% can overrule the majority? Isn't that how Kim Jong Un rules North Korea?
    Certainly not. North Korea has the purest form of democracy around - one man, one vote. Kim Jong-Un is the man, and he has the vote.
    Still not tired of winning.

Right, let's get the show on the road, Britain. Took you long enough.

Deleted
    Only in a negative way does it have influence. 26 of 27 can wish for something positive to happen, or 96% of the EU, but 1 of the 27, or 4% can throw a wobbly and say no and it doesn't happen.

That's why the EU can never achieve anything. How can it be democracy when 4% can overrule the majority? Isn't that how Kim Jong Un rules North Korea?
    Like when 26 wanted Junker in charge and the UK didn't?
    OR for an even better example, in regards to the EU military cooperation, that the UK Vetoes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Certainly not. North Korea has the purest form of democracy around - one man, one vote. Kim Jong-Un is the man, and he has the vote.
    Hey, Hey, North Korea is communist and thus egalitarian and feminist.
    It's one person, one vote.