Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    This one reminds me a lot of the intro to Witcher 1 where he takes out the Striga. And while it's technically not as impressive as "A Night to Remember, "Killing Monsters" will always be my personal favorite.
    My favorite is Lambert making fun of Geralts "Killing Monsters" line

Question to those who play with a controller, is there an easy way to make the camera auto center behind Geralt? I ordered a wireless receiver so I could try this game on an xbox controller since people seem to think its a better option as opposed to keyboard and mouse, (I played half of the game a while back on a keyboard and mouse but never finished it) and while I think fighting in this game feels much better on a controller, the weird camera angles really make me dislike using a controller. If I try to turn the camera on a controller to see something it ends up being all screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    God, some of these people make me wish I was a woman so I could go around aborting babies all willy-nilly just to piss them off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    Question to those who play with a controller, is there an easy way to make the camera auto center behind Geralt? I ordered a wireless receiver so I could try this game on an xbox controller since people seem to think its a better option as opposed to keyboard and mouse, (I played half of the game a while back on a keyboard and mouse but never finished it) and while I think fighting in this game feels much better on a controller, the weird camera angles really make me dislike using a controller. If I try to turn the camera on a controller to see something it ends up being all screwed up.
    The game has an automatic camera center option. Other than that no, there's no button for it as far as I'm aware.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-07-28 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    This one reminds me a lot of the intro to Witcher 1 where he takes out the Striga. And while it's technically not as impressive as "A Night to Remember, "Killing Monsters" will always be my personal favorite.

Lambert makes a reference to that video when you're in Kaer Mohren, I found that a nice touch, also hilarious

Completed this game 3 times so far... And only now did i notice this easter egg there is in Blood and Wine on the notice board, it really made me laugh.

I can't get enough of this game.

Deleted
    Truly the legend will never die. I'm expecting Leeroy to appear in games 50 years from now and noone will know who he is.

After putting in just under 100 hours on the main game, I'm not sure I could even start the DLC, definitely have Witcher fatigue. Absolutely loved the epilogue, but I had what I'd consider good ending. I'd imagine bad ending epilogues are rather crushing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    After putting in just under 100 hours on the main game, I'm not sure I could even start the DLC, definitely have Witcher fatigue. Absolutely loved the epilogue, but I had what I'd consider good ending. I'd imagine bad ending epilogues are rather crushing.
    Oh you will love the dlcs so much I mean I loved everything about Witcher 3 and the dlcs are even better than the vanilla base game specially Hearts of stone imo is better than blood and wine but hell that doesn't mean blood and wine was bad it was still pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Oh you will love the dlcs so much I mean I loved everything about Witcher 3 and the dlcs are even better than the vanilla base game specially Hearts of stone imo is better than blood and wine but hell that doesn't mean blood and wine was bad it was still pretty good.
    I thought Blood and Wine was great because of the new zone and city it opened up. It really was massive and different. The fun bit towards the end of the main story of the expansion (you know what I'm referring to) was just amazing.

The general concensus seems to be that HoS is not as good, but I loved the story. The part in the manor near the end of main story, you know the part I mean, was really well done. Especially visually.

Both DLC are well worth the asking price. I think the "season pass" is still the better value at the moment.

Off topic-
    I hate the term "season pass". It's so stupid.

I have to admit I don't share that "general consensus" then. I think the story of HoS was way more gripping and more reminiscent of the typical witcher-esque wild goose chase. I liked both of them but for some reason I think the newly added open world actually detracted something for me from the main quest. It's probably more bang for your buck. but somehow the story itself resonated better with me in HoS.
    It would probably have required more time spend with Datlof to make me more interested in his fate than just Regis as the proxy for the most part. There is also quite the interesting segment about Toussaint's vampire culture which I would have liked to see more explored outside of the shitty Path towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I have to admit I don't share that "general consensus" then. I think the story of HoS was way more gripping and more reminiscent of the typical witcher-esque wild goose chase. I liked both of them but for some reason I think the newly added open world actually detracted something for me from the main quest. It's probably more bang for your buck. but somehow the story itself resonated better with me in HoS.
    It would probably have required more time spend with Datlof to make me more interested in his fate than just Regis as the proxy for the most part. There is also quite the interesting segment about Toussaint's vampire culture which I would have liked to see more explored outside of the shitty Path towards the end.
    Agreed. I found HoS to be the better of the two DLCs. It wasn't as big in terms of size and overall content, but I liked the story much better than B&W. I found the characters more relatable in HoS. Most of the characters in B&W I didn't give two shits about, even by the time I beat the main storyline. I found the vampire stuff interesting sure, but that wasn't enough overall to make me love the expansion. It was still top notch stuff though, especially in terms of graphics and general content to fill out gameplay hours, but I just liked HoS a lot more.

Game of the Year Edition coming out on the 30th of August. Wonder if it'll be similar to the Enhanced Editions from the previous games.

Game of the Year Edition coming out on the 30th of August. Wonder if it'll be similar to the Enhanced Editions from the previous games.
    Doubt it will be the same. The enhanced editions were actually "enhanced" over the launch editions in some way (whether it be better graphics, better in game systems, etc). It will probably be just like any other GOTY edition in that it includes all game content released since launch in one easy to buy bundle.

Just finished Blood and Wine. Great DLC, not HoS quality in terms of the plot, but still good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOS is the story DLC, B&W is the gameplay/"fun" DLC

It was fun to see Geralt in a much more "happy" high fantasy setting.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

This is a good way to describe the DLCs. HoS was definitely more engaging in terms of the characters and storyline. B&W had way more overall content to do. Both were high quality DLCs.

My personal favorite of the two though was HoS, hands down.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-08-14 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    alright guys, i finally picked up this game now in GOTY edition with all the expansions.
    im looking for general tips, whatever u think may come in handy.

for example vendors. is there a way to know immidiately what type of item will be sold from me for the most money ? i got a necklace that a peasant merchant was offering around 60 coins, and the dwarf blacksmith offered 100 so i sold it to him, but i dont wanna run to every single one and compare prices. this is a thing i dont rly like, coming from a WoW player where every vendor offers the same price

alchemy, i try to gather herbs whenever its nearby but for 4hrs of played time i have created only 2-3 potions. any place to buy herbs/potions directly ?

is it worth crafting/dismantling or better to sell and buy ?

maybe some tips to combat too, when is it better to dodge, roll, parry.

anything really will be appreciated because i find this game quite difficult
    Last edited by Proskill; 2017-03-29 at 09:41 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    This is a good way to describe the DLCs. HoS was definitely more engaging in terms of the characters and storyline. B&W had way more overall content to do. Both were high quality DLCs.

My personal favorite of the two though was HoS, hands down.
    Well, HoS have better story (I even like HoS plot better than most Witcher books), but still BoW main quest blow most of RPGs out of the water. Just mr R. and Geralt conversations and vampire pretty unique lore makes this story great in my eyes.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice necro. I thought this thread is still pretty popular. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    The DLCs feel like such massive downgrade in scope after the main quest. I forced myself to get through hearts of stone and while it was an amazing story on its own I regret beating the main story first. Blood and wine I can't even get past the 3rd main quest cause I'm so burned out after 85 hours.

All it really reminds me is that yes, to me skyrim really is game of the decade and no matter what it won't be beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

B&W/Witcher 3 was a treat for book readers.

We've wanted to see Regis for so long.. and the game/Geralt's story ends with them sitting by the fire, in peace. It's beautiful.

To give you a background on this, during the books Geralt had a squad of friends that eventually die, including Regis.

When Dandelion is holding a dying Geralt, he feels the presence of the others ( the ones that died ), but not Regis, which was the author suggesting that Regis will eventually heal from what Vilgefortz did to him. So seeing Regis and Geralt alive, finally at peace was a great ending.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-04-02 at 10:58 PM.