Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Works for my hunter and Warlock, unequip items to a certain degree, then you will farm without any fuss.
    watcher already confirmed they are working on hotfix to prevent it

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I went from 1 shotting things, to 2 shotting things. Really not a big deal and DEFINITELY not a jump to 5-6 abilities. Another case of over reacting.
    So in other words character progression is still there and people are over reacting without playing the game.

If only The Onion covered WoW news.

Strangely, when I mentioned "there's no point to gearing now. gonna stick to LFR from now on, see raid once and never return", people responded in reddit, "there's more to wow than just out in the world stuff, like dungeons and raids."

Yeah, about that. You don't really feel your power increase in dungeons and raids. Not for a long while, especially raids. So many other people there, that the only quantifiable way to tell is using a dps chart mod.

just take off 1 ring and mobs have less life... show blizzard what you think about this shit system

as a 900+ tank i can see the difference from the mob hp
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2017-03-29 at 10:14 AM.

I went from 1 shotting things, to 2 shotting things. Really not a big deal and DEFINITELY not a jump to 5-6 abilities. Another case of over reacting.
    The issue is not regular mobs. Unless you pull 10-12 of them, you are not going to have any issues.

The problem is elite mobs, which have grossly inflated DPS/HP values at higher gear levels.

7+ Year Old Account
    The forum community have a tendensy to do this quite often. I hope that Blizzard will not back out, just because people yell out just because it sounds bad even though it might do some good.....
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    The issue is not regular mobs. Unless you pull 10-12 of them, you are not going to have any issues.

The problem is elite mobs, which have grossly inflated DPS/HP values at higher gear levels.
    This is proberly something they will hotfix and retune. I get that having mobs increase in dmg/HP to an insane extent is dumb, but having things scale a little bit, so that you arent quick-killing mobs who are supposed to be hard to kill, is not really a bad thing at all.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Not a fan of it, although I've barely noticed a difference while playing so far. If they don't want us to completely smash WQ mobs, don't make gear scale as ridiculously as it does.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I would rather they have applied this to the new area/zone and left the old ones alone.

Unless I get some stupidly high Titanforge, the only thing I am doing WQs for is AP/Reputation. I really do not want that to take longer than it has to when I have raids/bgs/M+ dungeons to run.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Strangely, when I mentioned "there's no point to gearing now. gonna stick to LFR from now on, see raid once and never return", people responded in reddit, "there's more to wow than just out in the world stuff, like dungeons and raids."

Yeah, about that. You don't really feel your power increase in dungeons and raids. Not for a long while, especially raids. So many other people there, that the only quantifiable way to tell is using a dps chart mod.
    No point to leveling?? As Ion said, the scaling will not be 1-1, so the power progression is intact. Your dmg will not scale either, so you will still see a difference in HP and dmg when you get better gear, so the personal improvement journey is still intact. All that is different is that you are not 1-shotting creatures as fast as you did in the past. From what i have seen today doing WQs on the Broken Shore, nobody is having any trouble killing creatures, they just do fall over like moths.

Which they already said they'll adjust the hp on. We will continue to outgear shit, it won't matter in a few weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Not a fan of it, although I've barely noticed a difference while playing so far. If they don't want us to completely smash WQ mobs, don't make gear scale as ridiculously as it does.
    Fully agree, but whats done is done. The scaling has gone out of control, but there is very little they can do about it in this expansion, so they had to do something else.

Deleted
    I would rather they have applied this to the new area/zone and left the old ones alone.

Unless I get some stupidly high Titanforge, the only thing I am doing WQs for is AP/Reputation. I really do not want that to take longer than it has to when I have raids/bgs/M+ dungeons to run.
    you HAVE? nobody is forcing you

Deleted
    what a dogshit change... #powerprogression

To be honest i do understand what they are trying to fix and they do have a point, it's just the way they are trying to do it is totally wrong and doesn't really fix the problem, just tries to live with it by making the power progression less relevant. They really need to figure out how gear should work on a world with 4 different difficulties for each raid.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Chill, according to the blue post update, this is merely the intended organic experience gone haywire!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    No point to leveling?? As Ion said, the scaling will not be 1-1, so the power progression is intact
    No, it is not, because as a lot of people has already said, rings and necks.
    Look it is not a big deal, i did broken shore yesterday with my 890 WW, i was still smashing mobs, but now i know i should remove my rings and neck in order to do content faster, and although i will not do it, it sounds pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    On the official forum there was a guy who claimed (tested) that mobs HP stay the same for is toons at ilv 790-850 and rose starting at 855. Seems 850 is the sweet spot then. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-28

BTW, they don't scale crazily after all by the number he posted

110 elite Illidary Enforcer
    LVL HP ILVL
    110 15589k 749
    110 15589k 821
    110 15589k 850
    110 16461k 857
    110 18940k 875
    By the way the above numbers do not corroborate these words of the blue:

"If you get a great set of item upgrades that make you 5% stronger, maybe the world gets 1-2% tougher. Perhaps instead of getting 400% stronger over the course of the expansion relative to the outdoor world, you only get 250% stronger."

Scaling, mobs (HP) vs players (stamina):

ilvl 850: mobs 15589k = 100.0% --- players 2042 sta = 100.0%
    ilvl 857: mobs 16461k = 105.6% --- players 2140 sta = 104.8% (taking closest ilvl: 855)
    ilvl 875: mobs 18940k = 121.5% --- players 2578 sta = 126.2%

As you can see, the numbers are pretty close. Players do outscale mobs, but just a bit. Definitely nothing like players outscaling by 3-5x as Ion suggests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's it then. I was willing to come back in 1-2 months, to finish the storyline and unlock flying in one go.
    Not with MORE scaling, I hate the current system as it was before the patch.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    To be honest i do understand what they are trying to fix and they do have a point, it's just the way they are trying to do it is totally wrong and doesn't really fix the problem, just tries to live with it by making the power progression less relevant. They really need to figure out how gear should work on a world with 4 different difficulties for each raid.
    Yep, exactly what you said.