Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    removed bracers and went from 906 to 850.x ilvl. mob hp dropped from 1.6m to 1.0. thats quite some insane scaling.

blizz' next step is probably to scale according to max ilvl punishing players who farmed 7++ legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Well, that's it then. I was willing to come back in 1-2 months, to finish the storyline and unlock flying in one go.
    Not with MORE scaling, I hate the current system as it was before the patch.
    How does that make sense. This is actually reducing the scaling. Scaling was out of hand and went too far, therefore they pulled it back a lot and we've been scaled down, so the scaling has slowed and is more normalized now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For anyone that played the PTR, did you notice any difference? Cause I had no problem doing quests in the PTR at all.
    This was not on the PTR.

This is a stealth change.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    So there's no point in getting gear if you aren't raiding anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    This has to be the whiniest, self-righteous, entitled, and plain delusional bunch of people I've ever seen. Could people possibly cry any more about any less? Jesus. This fucking game is too good for you brats.
    You have to understand that this is an RPG. The whole SPIRIT of RPGs are that you progress your character and become more powerful. Not just in the sense of numbers on a page but in a real RELATIVE sense. There are some players out there who don't raid or do mythic dungeons and simply like to do world content and questing etc. Essentially blizzard has completely negated their reason to progress their character (or removed the spirit of the game).

For raiders etc this isn't the end of the world because we still feel that progression on raid bosses, mythic + times etc, although I still think it's a dumb change personally.

Deleted
    Is there some We made a somewhat decent patch for an acceptable expansion. What can we do to be sure to piss of a large part of our playerbase nevertheless? department @ Blizzard these days, or who brings up such ideas?
    Last edited by mmocf1c917534a; 2017-03-29 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    No, it is not, because as a lot of people has already said, rings and necks.
    Look it is not a big deal, i did broken shore yesterday with my 890 WW, i was still smashing mobs, but now i know i should remove my rings and neck in order to do content faster, and although i will not do it, it sounds pretty stupid.
    .... So you would willingly take off your neck and rings, losing several % of secoundary stats in the process, making your experience less fun, just so that a mob has 10% less hp? I don't understand why you would do that.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure makes gear a lot less interesting. I thought that's why we wanted better gear. That's why I want better gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    .... So you would willingly take off your neck and rings, losing several % of secoundary stats in the process, making your experience less fun, just so that a mob has 10% less hp? I don't understand why you would do that.
    to kill things faster? why would you not take them off?

Deleted
    I said i will not do it, but it feels stupid to know that if i did the mob would go down faster, and the reason is obvious if someone is at the point that thinks of WQs as a chore, to finish that chore ASAP.

So I guess this just reinforces you to use lower item level gear with better stats over higher item level.

Isn't that bit counterintuitive to what they said about item levels and such little while back?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There is in theory. For every 5% you gain, the mob gains 1-2%. That was the plan. It includes however wading through the wall of text of the blue (which includes that they think it was a problem how ppl in ...say...ilv 900 gear could 1-2 shot mobs before anbody else with a cast time spell had a chance to also tag the mob).

Ofc now we can discuss if tagging is good or bad...or how DoT taggers that just keep moving on are scum.... :P
    As I said in an earlier post here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45165170

...the actual values of mob HP reported by players do not corroborate these words of the blue about you getting 5% stronger and the world maybe getting 1-2% stronger.

Scaling, mobs (HP) vs players (stamina):

ilvl 850: mobs 15589k = 100.0% --- players 2042 sta = 100.0%
    ilvl 857: mobs 16461k = 105.6% --- players 2140 sta = 104.8% (taking closest ilvl: 855)
    ilvl 875: mobs 18940k = 121.5% --- players 2578 sta = 126.2%

The increases in numbers are pretty close to each other. Players do outscale mobs, but just a bit. Definitely nothing like players outscaling by 3-5x as Ion suggests.

Another bug?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the fact that it is not on the patch notes does not mean they were not testing the technology. I did not feel anything but I play protection paladin so the chances they'd manage to inconvenience me in world content are very low. Rares in the Broken Shore did have insane health come to think of it but I just assumed it was how the Broken Shore worked.
    It is evident they did not test adequately because the feature went out with a show-stopper bug for which they had to apologize and it might have other bugs (see my note on relative scaling levels - if these levels are unintended, this is a second bug and it is very big, and if these levels are intended, then I'd like Ion to clarify his statement about players supposedly scaling much faster than mobs).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    to kill things faster? why would you not take them off?
    Because its less fun. What if i told you that you could choose between doing all your WQ in on a naked character with an insta-kill heroic strike or doing it on a fully geared item-lvl 910 hunter with 30% in all stats? And what if the difference in time between the naked character and the fully geared character is that the naked character will do content 10% faster?

If you choose the naked character, then you proberly don't care about gameplay and actually don't like the content anyway, looking at WQs like a boring chore that just needs to be done as fast as possible. If you feel like that, then it is not a problem with the scaling but the content, so direct your issues there instead of misplacing it as this scaling feature.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauna View Post
    So I guess this just reinforces you to use lower item level gear with better stats over higher item level
    Nope, it is specific, i guess, to rings and necks because they lack main stat, and unlike trinkets they do not provide a better way of increasing your DPS, so their higher ilevel works bad with the scaling.

Lol, so many people bitch that the game is too easy and that shit like flying trivializes it, but they make the game actually stay hard and you all do a 180

WITNESS, THE HYPOCRISY OF THE WOW PLAYER AT ITS BEST

Consider that killing the mob faster could provide more fun than having several % of secondary stats on a longer fight. In the long run i don't think is a big issue, just a really bad system that has room for some silly things like not having to use your best gear to get the best outcome.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fine if it's done correctly. Throwing this in and/or not testing it on the PTR is in pretty bad taste though.

I'm all for iLvL scaling on world mobs, but not to the degree it's done right now. It feels really flat right now and the scaling doesn't feel right (which is illustrated in their post right now). The shear fact that you can, and probably should take off certain pieces of gear to make WQs a lot faster is a problem.

What a retarded change. /sigh

Oh how I'd love to have a team of developers who made WotLK to work on WoW again, instead of current idiots, who are so clueless it literally hurts to read those absurdly idiotic blue posts.

Just to remind everyone a list of idiocy they've made:

- stealing the flight from players
    - trying to steal waterstriders
    - stealing reforge
    - stealing secondary stats which added depth to the game
    - idiotic class pruning, leaving all the specs at bare bones in terms of abilities of what they were before
    - stealing meaningful profession bonuses
    - stealing fun from oneshotting pvp noobs
    - now, stealing the only form of progression players have - gear progression and stealing their ability to play offspecs.

Way to go, Blizzard. Way to go.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    As I said in an earlier post here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45165170

...the actual values of mob HP reported by players do not corroborate these words of the blue about you getting 5% stronger and the world maybe getting 1-2% stronger.

Scaling, mobs (HP) vs players (stamina):

ilvl 850: mobs 15589k = 100.0% --- players 2042 sta = 100.0%
    ilvl 857: mobs 16461k = 105.6% --- players 2140 sta = 104.8% (taking closest ilvl: 855)
    ilvl 875: mobs 18940k = 121.5% --- players 2578 sta = 126.2%

The increases in numbers are pretty close to each other. Players do outscale mobs, but just a bit. Definitely nothing like players outscaling by 3-5x as Ion suggests.

Another bug?

- - - Updated - - -

It is evident they did not test adequately because the feature went out with a show-stopper bug for which they had to apologize and it might have other bugs (see my note on relative scaling levels - if these levels are unintended, this is a second bug and it is very big, and if these levels are intended, then I'd like Ion to clarify his statement about players supposedly scaling much faster than mobs).

- - - Updated - - -

You lose 10% stats, the mob loses 40% hp.
    Not quite true. Taking off neck, putting me down with 43 item lvl, losing 8,4% total secoundary stats takes off 13% HP of any mob. That is not alot for going very under gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Because their base difficulty is high, in dark souls better gear and higher levels give you greater power, but the mobs/bosses are tough enough to remain relevant despite of that.
    Oblivion without oscuro´s mod that fixed the scaling was an unplayable game despite it´s quality.
    Which is why I think it's a great idea to allow players the choice to turn on scaling or not. Let them choose the difficulty they want to play at instead of having it dictated by the game itself. This is a problem Blizzard seems to understand with M+, but then fails to grasp in the open world. The pattern of behavior here doesn't seem to make any sense.