Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard Broke @cursor macro

My meta macro with [@cursor] no longer works? Is this the case for anyone else?

Is there an alternative that can be used?

Yeah, player and cursor are both broken for me, too. Shows me vengeance meta and not havoc. Kind of annoying.

There isn't a legitimate alternative.
    There are external applications, but those are against the terms of use of the game.
    It should be one hardware action for one action received by the game.

Just ensuring that gets mentioned in case someone brings them up.

No mention they were meant to be broken, and given the intentional implementation of them I doubt they were intended to be broken.
    Report them in a ticket, and perhaps post back here anything informative from the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

@Cursor should still work, it's that the macro is calling Vengeance's Meta and not Havoc's. Just have to wait for Blizz to fix it.

So it seems to fix this issue, you have to switch your spec to Vengeance and then back to Havoc. My @cursor macro works for me now.

Edit: It looks like you may have to switch specs every time you log off and then back on in order for it to work. Definitely bugged.
    Last edited by Xanoectos; 2017-03-28 at 11:00 PM.

My @cursor macro for my water elemental's freeze ability is no longer working as well, but I can make one for Blizzard and it works as expected. The same pet macro was working just fine before the patch.

It's messing with my Throw Glaive weakaura as well. For some reason it's trying to use/track the Vengeance versions of abilities.

Re-spec vengeance each time you log off or each time you reload ui is a temp fix for this. It's hella annoying :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffie View Post
    Re-spec vengeance each time you log off or each time you reload ui is a temp fix for this. It's hella annoying :\
    Confirmed. This fixed it. Thanks!

not a DH, but mine on my shaman was working fine all day, no spec swaps
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanoectos View Post
    So it seems to fix this issue, you have to switch your spec to Vengeance and then back to Havoc. My @cursor macro works for me now.

Edit: It looks like you may have to switch specs every time you log off and then back on in order for it to work. Definitely bugged.
    tried this and it worked. thanks.

Swapping specs didn't fix my Havoc macros, ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Swapping specs didn't fix my Havoc macros, ugh
    Try remaking the macro. I spec'd havoc and then redid macro with spell book, didn't work so I spec'd vengeance to try out my sigil macros. When I went back to Havoc they worked. It's probably a weird caching thing that re-making macro fresh could also help with.

the macros are not broken, it is the spells. the macro is trying to use the vengeance metamorphosis, hence the "spell not learned" error message that using it produces.

its a pain in the ass, but i managed to do an entire raid tonight without having to respec after the initial fix respec. so that was nice. hopefully it gets hotfix'd overnight

somewhat weirdly i had this happen before 7.2 a couple weeks ago. my chaos strike was showing up as soul cleave, and vengeful retreat was showing as demon spikes. although, they were both working as if they were the correct spell - just wrong icons and tooltips *shrug* this happened again today. there's some funky stuff goin on

Something that fixed it for me: i tanked a mythic+ then changed back to havoc. Marko is working again. I think that is worth a try

Why is this still broken?

It's not like having it in the Challenge would be useful or anything...

I want my @cursor, @Player macro to work for Havoc WITHOUT having to switch specs...cause that only solves the problem until you zone...like into the Challenge, where you can't switch specs.

Same as when you do a mythic+. After the key gets inserted, you go through a loading screen and macros are messed up again. And you can't do a quick respec in mythic+ to fix the macro. This is also affecting any throw glaive macro, since the macro links to the vengeance throw glaive spell. Weak auras as well are linking to the tank spells until you double respec.

Have they even acknowledged this bug yet? I have not seen any blue post about it so far. I fear this is one of those bugs we will have to live with for a long time!

I am one of the sorry souls who macro both Metamorphosis and Throw Glaive (with modifiers, for fewer keybindings) - and the respec between vengeance and havoc to sort it out after each time i zone (which i forget to do half of the time, because it is just stupid) and the inability to fix it via a spec swap in M+ runs is getting a bit old.

I told my friends (who are new to wow) before this patch that the reason they had to wait so long for it, was that it stayed for a long time on PTR... "Blizzard rarely release buggy content" I said (lol). However, 7.2 has been dreadful so far with bugs that should never have been let out to live realms! Bugged mechanics, gated content and poor game design is my impression of this patch

Quote Originally Posted by kathor View Post
    Have they even acknowledged this bug yet? I have not seen any blue post about it so far. I fear this is one of those bugs we will have to live with for a long time!

I am one of the sorry souls who macro both Metamorphosis and Throw Glaive (with modifiers, for fewer keybindings) - and the respec between vengeance and havoc to sort it out after each time i zone (which i forget to do half of the time, because it is just stupid) and the inability to fix it via a spec swap in M+ runs is getting a bit old.

I told my friends (who are new to wow) before this patch that the reason they had to wait so long for it, was that it stayed for a long time on PTR... "Blizzard rarely release buggy content" I said (lol). However, 7.2 has been dreadful so far with bugs that should never have been let out to live realms! Bugged mechanics, gated content and poor game design is my impression of this patch
    There was a blue post. They said no ETA. Fuck them.

Finally working again for me on the US. Might need to update game client.