Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Reading is hard. We will still outscale mogs. We will still get stronger than mobs.
    Not being arrogant is hard too apparently. I read it. Mobs scale at level 110 and that makes gear pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by kalomina View Post
    removed bracers and went from 906 to 850.x ilvl. mob hp dropped from 1.6m to 1.0. thats quite some insane scaling.
    I'm just slightly above your ilvl, my kill command deals around 900k-1mil on a crit meaning I practically one shot every normal mob in 7.15 so in 7.2 I'll 2 shot a mob at my gear level or I can take off an item and 1 shot a mob again? The only problem here is the ability to nerf the mobs by removing gear, otherwise mobs taking a couple of globals instead of 1 is no issue what so ever.

This is complete hyperbole and resistance to change that the wow community displays all the time, outside of the bugs already acknowledged by Blues, this change is good for the game overall. I'll get to play my class in world content instead of running around death touching mobs with a single button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    this is more of a YOU problem instead of a game problem. you have other specs to do this. just because you refuse to doesn't mean blizzard should cater to it and make everything a pushover
    So I'm not allowed to play a tank spec outdoors now because Blizzard is implementing fixes to problems that never existed to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Biggest bullshit thing Blizz ever did to WoW, and that's saying something.
    Seriously? Out of all the shitty things they have done, this is the worst? What, did you start playing last month?

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Nihilist View Post
    So I'm not allowed to play a tank spec outdoors now because Blizzard is implementing fixes to problems that never existed to begin with?
    Why do you feel as a tank you should be able to kill something as fast as a dps? Tanks do an absurd amount of damage these days despite their insane survivability. Healers I feel for, but not tanks.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2017-03-29 at 11:20 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah I often found it boring when you could just tag and run, tag and run, loot. I guess they just fucked up the tuning and the poor squishies got killed which is certainly not a fun surprise so people have every right to complain. But some scaling to keep everything from being one or two shotted is a good idea imo, especially considering they want us to do world content forever.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    feeling like a god and power tripping is the only reason i want gear.

if i can't out gear shit, it's pointless.
    Yeah but you're thinking in extreme. You will still outgear mobs in a way and become powerful. I can't imagine they scale everything even-steven
    Just look at how healthpools on elites work now level-wise. Think more in that region!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Seriously? Out of all the shitty things they have done, this is the worst? What, did you start playing last month?
    Removing the reason for getting better gear in a game all about power progression strikes me as the dumbest thing they've ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Yeah but you're thinking in extreme. You will still outgear mobs in a way and become powerful. I can't imagine they scale everything even-steven
    Just look at how healthpools on elites work now level-wise. Think more in that region!
    See this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45165170

Quoting:

Scaling, mobs (HP) vs players (stamina):

ilvl 850: mobs 15589k = 100.0% --- players 2042 sta = 100.0%
    ilvl 857: mobs 16461k = 105.6% --- players 2140 sta = 104.8% (taking closest ilvl: 855)
    ilvl 875: mobs 18940k = 121.5% --- players 2578 sta = 126.2%

As you can see, the numbers are pretty close. Players do outscale mobs, but just a bit. Definitely nothing like players outscaling by 3-5x as Ion suggests.

you can play whatever you like. but don't bitch about how long it takes to kill mobs. the same as it's always been.

Deleted
    the same as it's always been.
    Uhm, no? That's the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you feel as a tank you should be able to kill something as fast as a dps?
    Uhm, strawman? I never said that. Someone said that this change affects tanks and healers more than dps and someone else said, then don't play that spec. That's what I responded to. There's a trade-off between damage and survivability, but it shouldn't be agonizingly slow to kill fucking outdoor non-elite mobs. That's vanilla levels of bad.

Uhm, no? That's the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, strawman? I never said that. Someone said that this change affects tanks and healers more than dps and someone else said, then don't play that spec. That's what I responded to.
    and you can just switch to dps and be fine. you're trying to make a YOU problem sound like a game problem

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yes, a lot of people will Unsubscribe. Do you remember that whole flying/garrison thing? When they lost 5 million subs?
    Can you link a reliable source for that number?

Deleted
    and you can just switch to dps and be fine. you're trying to make a YOU problem sound like a game problem
    If you have all your traits in one spec, and you switch specs, do you also get all the trait points you had with your main spec?

Uhm, strawman? I never said that. Someone said that this change affects tanks and healers more than dps and someone else said, then don't play that spec. That's what I responded to.
    My point was more that tanks have never killed things fast anyway, nor should they be allowed to. So if you're unsatisfied with the length it takes to kill things as a tank then switch to a dps spec. All things considered tanks still do an absurd amount of damage so even with this change it still doesn't take long to kill things.

Healers can complain, not dps or tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    If you have all your traits in one spec, and you switch specs, do you also get all the trait points you had with your main spec?
    Chances are you'll do more damage with an unleveled dps artifact than with a fully leveled healing artifact.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

this is more of a YOU problem instead of a game problem. you have other specs to do this. just because you refuse to doesn't mean blizzard should cater to it and make everything a pushover
    Who is asking for things to be a push over? I just don't want things to take forever to die because I like healing and prefer to keep things simple, I'm actually on board for mobs taking a minimum amount of time but the current system is having little to no effect on their stated game play issue. Instead of simply adding more hp to mobs why not add a damage percentile cap per ability, no one ability can do more than 50% of any mobs health or something a long those lines.

That way DPS classes have to do a minimum rotation and healers kill time remain more or less the same, slower than DPS classes but not detrimental.

No but you don't need a maxed artifact for world quests either do you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    Who is asking for things to be a push over? I just don't want things to take forever to die because I like healing and prefer to keep things simple, I'm actually on board for mobs taking a minimum amount of time but the current system is having little to no effect on their stated game play issue. Instead of simply adding more hp to mobs why not add a damage percentile cap per ability, no one ability can do more than 50% of any mobs health or something a long those lines.

That way DPS classes have to do a minimum rotation and healers kill time remain more or less the same, slower than DPS classes but not detrimental.
    that's a lot of work to fix a problem thats not really a problem

Deleted
    My point was more that tanks have never killed things fast anyway, nor should they be allowed to. So if you're unsatisfied with the length it takes to kill things as a tank then switch to a dps spec. All things considered tanks still do an absurd amount of damage so even with this change it still doesn't take long to kill things.
    Are you doing this on purpose? The difference between dps and tanks and healers was increased with this change. No one said that there shouldn't be a difference at all. And no I don't wanna switch to my dps spec only to make it bearable to play. If you still don't get it, there is no point to keep wasting time with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Because its less fun. What if i told you that you could choose between doing all your WQ in on a naked character with an insta-kill heroic strike or doing it on a fully geared item-lvl 910 hunter with 30% in all stats? And what if the difference in time between the naked character and the fully geared character is that the naked character will do content 10% faster?

If you choose the naked character, then you proberly don't care about gameplay and actually don't like the content anyway, looking at WQs like a boring chore that just needs to be done as fast as possible. If you feel like that, then it is not a problem with the scaling but the content, so direct your issues there instead of misplacing it as this scaling feature.
    Of course that I'd go naked (and now it's better to remove rings and neck). I don't like to do quest, I only play wow because of raids (and dungeons) but quests are mandatory for everyone thanks to Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you are not taking into consideration the effect on those mobs we have to kill for the wardens quests, that some of them (nearly all in fact) we do solo.
    Ion have already been out and said that there is scaling problems with world-elites. That i agree with. But this is again more about tuning instead of the scaling system itself. Kill-time on World elites should not be increased by 500% through this system, but i think it is okay, that it is increased a way, so that you are not killing them within a few seconds, which i could do just before 7.2 with a 861 paladin. When you are facing against a 3-5 man Warden mob, you should not really at any point be able to kill it unless you are a selfhealing tank, even with high gear. That they want to keep open world group-quests alive, is again a good thing in my opinion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

that's a lot of work to fix a problem thats not really a problem
    Tell that to Blizzard and their stupid stealth change.

Deleted
    No but you don't need a maxed artifact for world quests either do you?
    If you want to do them at the same pace the other DPSs do them, yes, specially if there is a scaling system in place.
    And i did not mean maxed, but certainly not empty.