Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    That I agree with. It just sounded like you made it look like the majority of danes hate swedes, which is not true from either direction. We have a very unique brotherly bond in the world. Just pointing it out so that people who aren't familiar with Scandinavian relations don't get the wrong idea
    Yes, you mass murdered and raped each other for centuries, and between all the killing sometimes you were in an union, too.

It took quite long for you to open your eyes and realize that you are not the biggest enemies of each other, the real enemies are in south and east.

So the brotherly bond you have is pretty dirty and mental.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    As a Finn, the understanding of these languages goes somewhat like this:

Finnish Swedish > Norwegian > Swedish > Icelandic > Mongolian > Swahili > Chinese > Klingon > Danish
    I thought you guys still learned at least basic swedish in school? Or is that what you called "finnish swedish"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    What on earth would Norway have to whine about? They are the most well off people... Well basically on earth.
    Scandinavia in general has the most "well off" people on earth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I thought you guys still learned at least basic swedish in school?
    Yes, but Norwegian is easier to understand than Swedish even if you only had learned Swedish. True story. (I'm talking about spoken language here, not written)
    Or is that what you called "finnish swedish"?
    No, that's what Finnish Swedes talk.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    I love the danish, but the language... xD
    Beautiful language!

Compared to Dutch

Deleted
    Danish beer prices, Swedish and Norwegian women.. Rape and pillage in England on Saturdays, hot steam baths on Iceland Sundays.

Marve Fleksness will be raid leader.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2017-03-29 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Not that I'm an expert on the geo-politics or political climate of Scandinavia or the Nordic countries in general, but I thought it would at least be an interesting thought experiment worthy of some discussion.

What would a unified Scandinavia (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Iceland along with territories under their administration like the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Svalbard) look like? Assuming the countries and territories just magically decided to unify, ignoring feasibility. For example, would one country's culture and politics dominate?
    Still a tiny country. Nice place though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of becoming part of a larger state and having less self-determination in principle, but I'm curious what the benefits would be. All three countries are already some of the best three places to live, so obviously the current setup works well. In addition to the mess it would be trying to combine the three governments with all the parties and reaching compromise on all different laws and systems, I just feel it would degrade the social trust and cooperation that the smaller states already have. Making people more removed from the government, dividing their taxes over an even bigger geographical and cultural area and giving all smaller districts even less of a say in politics doesn't seem like a good idea at the moment.
    Norway has already had a huge shift in approval ratings because the major parties are perceived to be neglecting the districts further from the capital. It's a big deal to people.

It'd be different if the countries were in a crisis that couldn't be solved simply by cooperation between states, but that's not all the case.

As a hypothetical, I think it would work fine after a few decades once people got used to it, but I think we'd be trading a lot of benefits away in order to be more powerful on the global stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    That I agree with. It just sounded like you made it look like the majority of danes hate swedes, which is not true from either direction. We have a very unique brotherly bond in the world. Just pointing it out so that people who aren't familiar with Scandinavian relations don't get the wrong idea
    From an outsider's perspective, the fact that you guys are able to trade jokes and insults without getting triggered is a point in your favor. Forced solidarity and regional pride is bullshit and more a sign of insecurity and instability than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    I would be for that idea if it wasn't for Sweden being pants on head retarded when it comes to pretty much anything. You can almost see the flames from this side of the bridge.

If it hade been something like 10-15 years ago, before the Swedes decided they liked taking immigrant dick up their ass then maybe.
    Sooo i guess you favor the Scandinavian dick in the ass then? Good for you! And you believe whatever propaganda you see and hear.

Deleted
    I will challenge you to understand my dialect of Norwegian, as performed by the old fisherman here

My dialect is still influenced by old Norse, but like most dialects they where polluted by written danish that is the main spoken/written "dialect"
    in Norway. How could you Danes </3
    So it's like Icelandic?

15+ Year Old Account
    I will challenge you to understand my dialect of Norwegian, as performed by the old fisherman here

My dialect is still influenced by old Norse, but like most dialects they where polluted by written danish that is the main spoken/written "dialect"
    in Norway. How could you Danes </3
    I don't understand the fisherman, but I understand the host! :d

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Not that I'm an expert on the geo-politics or political climate of Scandinavia or the Nordic countries in general, but I thought it would at least be an interesting thought experiment worthy of some discussion.

What would a unified Scandinavia (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Iceland along with territories under their administration like the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Svalbard) look like? Assuming the countries and territories just magically decided to unify, ignoring feasibility. For example, would one country's culture and politics dominate?
    They tried that already 600 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalmar_Union

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Ehm, that's not Scandinavia, that's the Nordic Countries..
    Scandinavia = Denmark, Norway and Sweden (in order of importance)
    Culturally Finland belongs there as well, if not strictly geographically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    They tried that already 600 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalmar_Union
    Could try again, with just a pinch less dictatorship.

Culturally Finland belongs there as well, if not strictly geographically.
    Hence the term "Nordic countries" exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Sooo i guess you favor the Scandinavian dick in the ass then? Good for you! And you believe whatever propaganda you see and hear.
    Propaganda you say?

Let me guess, you are from Sweden?