Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    It's a good starting point. Can't make the game like TBC heroics all of a sudden. Need babysteps.
    I see no need to continue pointless duscussion, because where I see robots farming humans for resources via matrix, you see calm and interesting lives humans live.

If Blizzard wanted to make mobs dangerous, they would increase their damage output. Increasing their HP serves only one thing: steal your time. Its not about gameplay anymore, its about sub retention.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I think the problem people are having is that they've spent so much time gearing up to feel powerful, you shouldn't have to equip lower level gear to make it easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    People being hyper-critical of a game still charging subscriptions, on top of service fees, on top of microtransaction cosmetics in 2017. Wonder why
    It's quite obvious. Because they are piss poor, be it because of lack of opportunity or commitment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I see no need to continue pointless duscussion, because where I see robots farming humans for resources via matrix, you see calm and interesting lives humans live.

If Blizzard wanted to make mobs dangerous, they would increase their damage output. Increasing their HP serves only one thing: steal your time. Its not about gameplay anymore, its about sub retention.
    If you see robots farming humans it's time for you to take a break.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It's quite obvious. Because they are piss poor, be it because of lack of opportunity or commitment.
    Having a lot of money =/= willing to spend it on poorly designed content/bad product.

The best example is the 200 $ collector of FFXIV's new expansion (that only includes a crappy plastic figurine and a subpar artbook).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    A lot of you bitch that things like flying trivialize game difficulty because it's another option to skip mobs, even though killing mobs at max level with good gear is trivial in itself.

A lot of you bitch that the game is too easy, caters to casuals, blah fucking blah.

But now they make item scaling for mobs so that they increase in power as you do, making the game remain as challenging as the already herp derp behind the times retarded WoW combat can be, and all of you do a 180 and proclaim how wurst deiciziun evur blizzur, omg u guyz suckkzors.

And you wonder afterwards why so many players are angry and "toxic" (disgusted) and "ranging" (frustrated) and salty (exasperated) when talking to you on the forums: because you're walking definitions of hypocrisy, and your opinions are as fluctuating as temperatures in the Sahara desert.

Make up your fucking minds, you want the game to be hard or not? Cause it sure as shit hasn't been "hard" since BC.
    There is no sense in this post. People who are affected by this the most are the ones with the best gear. So these people have already proven they are good at the game by defeating the hardest bosses. They won't be challenged by outdoor mobs. Outdoor mobs are not a challenge, this will just make it take longer.

Like when you increase the difficulty in Diablo, it doesn't actually become more difficult, the mobs just have more health and fights take an eternity.

Deleted
    scaling has nothing to do with hard content. it just makes everything more annoying and it goes against the core priniciple of rpgs.
    this thread is silly and i think you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    If you see robots farming humans it's time for you to take a break.
    That was pure Matrix analogy. By the way, didn't remember asking for advice, mr. Coach Gaming PhD.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

apples and oranges mob scaling with player lvl and now ilvl negates the feeling of power progression for your toons, which to a lot of people is the single most important part of an RPG.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

People like to whine for the sake of whining. Its like an addiction. They see something they dont like, they whine. Devs change it, they whine about the polar opposite. Nothing new, been that way for ages. Move along, move along......

Why the fuck is OP still allowed to post here? Honest to god question.

Honestly the game is just shit. Has nothing to do with how hard it is, it has to do with the fact that you can get a legendary from doing a world quest, LFG people standing in cities, and having no sense of community. I'm not even sure who the guilds on my server are anymore. They took away talent trees and tons of stats and reduced them into oblivion so they could meet the greatest common denominator.

Switched to elysium a few months ago and i would never go back to retail WoW. Vanilla is superior in every way and it has nothing to do with nostalgia. RIP WoW

Mobs taking longer to kill =/= actually challenging content. Just saying. Classic leveling content was only ever challenging because people were new and dumb to the game.

Not that I'm against the idea, I like it when the world isn't a pushover in raid gear.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-29 at 01:53 PM.

They don't have the tech to properly implement something like this. Remember how people did their class challeneges, you would always wear lower gear with a high weapon because the scaling sucked

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Honestly the game is just shit. Has nothing to do with how hard it is, it has to do with the fact that you can get a legendary from doing a world quest, LFG people standing in cities, and having no sense of community. I'm not even sure who the guilds on my server are anymore. They took away talent trees and tons of stats and reduced them into oblivion so they could meet the greatest common denominator.

Switched to elysium a few months ago and i would never go back to retail WoW. Vanilla is superior in every way and it has nothing to do with nostalgia. RIP WoW
    Lmao, have fun back in 2005 with your "community" that barely does anything but stand in cities bitching about retail. Meanwhile, the REAL WoW and its community will continue on just fine without you.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-29 at 01:54 PM.

You got it wrong, son. This is not what people have asked. They asked harder and longer leveling, not trivialization of gear progression.

"The game hasn't been hard since BC"

*Looks at steepest decline of casual players: Cataclysm*

If I could press X to doubt on my PC I'd be doing it right now.

Secondly, if you're trying to compare two completely different aspects of the game trying to say "You can't have it both ways, which is it" is silly. Ilvl scaling is detrimental to casual players. Those who don't raid will see the worst of this patch, and any patch that follows this same path. Those who raid will not. Flight is a luxury we've had in the game for over 8 years. It used to be something we could just purchase. It had nothing to do with the game being hard or not. It was a "How do you want to experience the content?" issue, nothing more. You'd still have to kill the mobs to complete the quests, you'd still have to explore areas to get achievements. The only difference was how that was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lmao, have fun back in 2005 with your "community" that barely does anything but stand in cities bitching about retail. Meanwhile, the REAL WoW and its community will continue on just fine without you.
    Clearly you have no idea what your talking about. People don't stand in cities they actually go into the world and pvp, do dungeons and raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    That was pure Matrix analogy. By the way, didn't remember asking for advice, mr. Coach Gaming PhD.
    The analogy itself makes for a worrying outlook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Having a lot of money =/= willing to spend it on poorly designed content/bad product.

The best example is the 200 $ collector of FFXIV's new expansion (that only includes a crappy plastic figurine and a subpar artbook).
    That of course, depends on the amount of money. $200 is a trivial amount, even if the product is subpar, definitely not a wonderful purchase, but not enough to give a crap about, it's still more value than the regular version.