Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump telling less than the total truth? That's unpossible!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I know exactly what he's doing in this case. No one is surprised. But it's nothing as bad as was originally stated in this thread. Defending something Trump does doesn't make you a supporter of his. It's called being level headed and thinking critically regardless of who said what. If you only see everything Trump (or anyone for that matter) does as bad, it's hard to take you serious.

I don't recall saying anything as laughable as what Vegas did. But OK... Their post was literally just to take a cheap shot at me and to label me as a Trump lover, which is marking you for death in todays political climate.
    Trump is taking credit through implication, context is incredibly important. He didn't literally say "and you're welcome" at the end of the tweet, but given everything he's said about the matter of jobs, unemployment, and domestic investment, the clear implication is that he's responsible for the outcome. It's kind of like how the travel ban isn't explicitly a Muslim ban (because you can't do that) but given the explicit things he said in regards to Muslims and travel specifically, it's not hard to fill in the blanks of intention.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    He's clearly taking credit for it. So now he can go out give a speech to his followers and say hey look at Ford, see I am bringing jobs back.
    No he's not

Source - I can read.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Once again, stop with the insults. And once again dont lie. I only have one account. Please do not flatter yourself that I would run more than one account just for you. As for the bold, please read your first 3 posts on this thread.
    What insult? I didn't say you, Genn, are running multiple accounts. I simply asked Vegas a question because I couldn't make sense of their comment.

My first 3 posts to Vegas in this thread:

1. Yes. But in this case, that is not able to be applied. At least if we are going by the linked tweet as evidence.
    2. In the other tweets he actually inserts himself or goes to a rally and says he was the reason. So far I have not seen that. So no, it's not exactly like other times.
    3. Thanks for the useless response. Really showing your true colors.
    I didn't vote for Trump. I am actively involved in my local communities politics where we reject Trumps agenda daily. Trumps views and my own could not be further apart.But again, thanks for contributing nothing except to take a cheap shot and try to label me as some Trump lover to make me look like a bad person because you can't actually win this discussion.
    Edit: As soon as someone tries to label someone a Trump supporter, which is pretty much the worst label to have in todays insane political climate, I know they have lost the discussion.Same as when someone throws out "liberal, snowflake, etc" in a discussion.

Can you point to me insulting Vegas anywhere in there? BTW the 3rd response to them was after they accused me of living in "Trumpland". Which is an insult.
    I just found it odd that they said I insulted them personally, when I didn't.

I did make some crazy claims about you, but not Vegas. So you can see why I sarcastically asked if they were you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What insult? I didn't say you, Genn, are running multiple accounts. I simply asked Vegas a question because I couldn't make sense of his comment.

My first 3 posts to Vegas in this thread:

1. Yes. But in this case, that is not able to be applied. At least if we are going by the linked tweet as evidence.
    2. In the other tweets he actually inserts himself or goes to a rally and says he was the reason. So far I have not seen that. So no, it's not exactly like other times.
    3. Thanks for the useless response. Really showing your true colors.
    I didn't vote for Trump. I am actively involved in my local communities politics where we reject Trumps agenda daily. Trumps views and my own could not be further apart.But again, thanks for contributing nothing except to take a cheap shot and try to label me as some Trump lover to make me look like a bad person because you can't actually win this discussion.
    Edit: As soon as someone tries to label someone a Trump supporter, which is pretty much the worst label to have in todays insane political climate, I know they have lost the discussion.Same as when someone throws out "liberal, snowflake, etc" in a discussion.

Can you point to me insulting Vegas anywhere in there? BTW the 3rd response to them was after they accused me of living in "Trumpland". Which is an insult.
    I just found it odd that they said I insulted them personally, when I didn't.

I did make some crazy claims about you, but not Vegas. So you can see why I sarcastically asked if they were you.
    Sorry, but based on sentence structure it was safe to assume you meant me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No he's not

Source - I can read.
    I have a few jokes for this

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    So where exactly did they take credit?
    Were you in a coma for the past 20 months? He literally said he would penalize Ford with a border tax, and Ford already had press releases regarding this deal in 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Sorry, but based on sentence structure it was safe to assume you meant me.
    Nope. Sorry for the confusion. I was replying to Vegas when they said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You are launching personal attacks on me while vigorously trying to deny being a Trump supporter, which I never claimed you were. Try reading what is written instead on inserting your own meaning into things. Your personal bias is showing.
    As you can see from my responses to Vegas that is not the case. So I jokingly asked them if they were someones secondary account in this thread. Probably shouldn't have used your name specifically, but I did actually insult you earlier in the thread so I used your name. My apologies for the insults and for using your name in the joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Sorry for the confusion. I was replying to Vegas when they said this:

As you can see from my responses to Vegas that is not the case.
    Alright, because I was going with the sentence where you asked if it was just me on two accounts.

He wants his name on it. Thats the idea I am getting.
    And now im trolling?
    More like creating your own reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    He's clearly taking credit for it. So now he can go out give a speech to his followers and say hey look at Ford, see I am bringing jobs back.
    Right, the key point, along with his whole "I didn't say Obama wiretapped me, Fox said it!" was that his announcements lack any sort of citation or attribution of source. So *he* is the source, and *he* is the one claiming credit.

Uh-huh. You're calling me childish and my posts silly. Stop with the BS.
    You said I lived in TRUMPLAND. Which is an insult. Even after that I never personally attacked you. I called out your useless comment yes. Because it contributed nothing. It was just an attack piece on me. I hope you aren't trying to deny that fact.

BTW, I did a CTRL+F of this thread for the phrase 'child'. It found two instances. One was Genn saying I was acting childish, and then me quoting them where the world childish was in the quote from Genn. I never once called you childish. What are you talking about?

Uh-huh. You're calling me childish and my posts silly. Stop with the BS.
    Starting any post with "Uh-huh" is rather childish, mate. Or you're devolving into an Orang Utan, in wich case I'm sorry if I offended you. Banana?

And since when does Trump share anything positive if he doesn't try to get any form of credit, apreciation or admiration for it?

Anyhow, good for Michigan. Thank you, Obama!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    More like creating your own reality.
    How so? He was in Michigan saying he would bring back jobs. He decided to announce this before Ford did. hes associating himself with this good news.

Wonder why.

Trump runs on campaign of creating jobs, and penalizing companies (like Ford) for moving jobs out of the country.

Before he's even president, he takes credit for Carrier and Ford deciding to re-invest in the US.

Trump supporters fully believe that Trump is so great that he's creating jobs before even getting into office. "He's doing more before he's in office than Obama did in 8 years!"

Ford notifies the White House of their announcement to again re-invest in Detroit.

Trump jumps ahead of their announcement to make the announcement himself, stressing "JOBS JOBS JOBS", knowing full well that his supporters will see it as HIS doing, or that he had an involvement in it when he didn't, just like before.

Trump doesn't HAVE to take credit though, that's the magic of his art. He doesn't have to say that he had any involvement in it for his supporters to heap all the credit on him. And they will.

I mean, seriously people. This is how y'all were conned into voting for him to begin with. You want to talk about brainwashed? Trump is utilizing marketing 101 tactics. The one who says something first or reaches the most people is the one that is associated with that thing, especially when there's pre-established precedent for that bias.

This isn't hard to figure out if you try.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-03-29 at 03:05 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a shame this got derailed into the usual bickering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep living in Trumpland. I will keep living in reality.
    a reality where an announcement = taking credit? I'm not sure you understand what "reality" means

- - - Updated - - -

Such a shame this got derailed into the usual bickering.
    what did you expect with your misleading trump hating circle jerk thread?

better?
    Last edited by stabetha; 2017-03-29 at 04:06 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    a reality where an announcement = taking credit? I'm not sure you understand what "reality" means

- - - Updated - - -

what did you expect with your misleading clickbait nonsense thread?
    How is the title misleading or click bait?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the title misleading or click bait?
    as has been pointed out several times no where in that tweet does Trump take credit for the move.
    just more Trump hate circle jerking.
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    as has been pointed out several times no where in that tweet does Trump take credit for the move.
    No,
    1. People are claiming that. It was stated as opinion by others.
    I have asked the following question in response because it makes no sense in context or in how politics works. Just because he is not
    saying "IT WAS ALL ME!" does not mean he is not using an old political tactic.

a) Why does he announce it before Ford does?
    b) Wasnt he just in Michigan saying he would bring back jobs?
    c) Why is he even involving himself in this?

Its a political move to make it look like you were involved in some way. FYI, taking credit does not mean "all of the credit", as others had seemed to imply. It simply means he wants it to look like he was involved.

2. Nothing implies that in the title, the title is literally "As Trump Flaunts Ford’s $1.2B Investment, Ford Says It Was Planned in 2015" and in the article, the word credit comes up once. So no, the title is not click bait or misleading.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-03-29 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No,
    1. People are claiming that. It was stated as opinion by others.
    I have asked the following question in response because it makes no sense in context or in how politics works. Just because he is not
    saying "IT WAS ALL ME!" does not mean he is not using an old political tactic.

a) Why does he announce it before Ford does?
    b) Wasnt he just in Michigan saying he would bring back jobs?
    c) Why is he even involving himself in this?

Its a political move to make it look like you were involved in some way.

2. Nothing implies that in the title, the title is literally "As Trump Flaunts Ford’s $1.2B Investment, Ford Says It Was Planned in 2015" and in the article, the word credit comes up once. So no, the title is not click bait or misleading.
    a - he didn't announce it before ford look at the date of the tweet and look at the date of say http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...vest/99709766/ this article

b - means nothing

c - he hes not

2 and nothing in my post said anything about the title.
    I hate America