Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Hm, I remember a blue post somewhere that said that the weekly chest AP bonus would cap at +10. Need to find that again
    Yeah would be interested to see, psure I'm remembering a Q&A or something but my memories not always the best.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Remember M+ Dungeons are getting rebalanced in 7.2 so a +10 no will be easier than a +10 in 7.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Doesn't matter until 54: You are refunded the AP, so basically, you will still have to farm it, just with a higher AK (26 is already 100,000%). There was a post recently on the General forums indicating that you would relatively easily be able to get 1 trait per AK (so a 5-day timespan), but if you have already 54 traits now, you basically have this as a head-start on those that don't.

With 54 traits in your weapon, you can put the 10%dmg/stam one plus 3.5 additional traits. For the 4th trait, you will have to farm around 6M AP, which with the higher AK you get instantly is roughly the equivalent to 1.5M today at AK 25. 900MM, aka 6 months of work for nothing :P

For Affli, I would also first unlock the new ones and then do like @Deadandlivin said Unstable Affliction one --> Perdition ---> 1% shadow damage one ---> Agony

For Demo it probably depends on your leggies. If you have the belt, probably the doom 3/4 might still be the biggest increase. If not, I would also go new ones first then doom, then the others.

Destro is the most tricky: We don't really have much info on the new traits at all. The Havoc one sounds extremely lackluster and the fire rift is debatable at best. So for Destro, I would probably start with the 2x immolate 3/4s and then go into the new ones.
    Guess you don't really get my point....

We get to like 65M AP when you reach 54/54 but for the max at 7.2 you need

Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    Straight to the golden ones. Get 1/50 in the paragon trait.
    Then max the Unstable Affliction one --> Perdition ---> 1% shadow damage one ---> Agony ---> Corruption and after that it doesn't really matter.
    You can't put points in the paragon trait until all other ones have been maxed out. With this in mind, you will still go for the Rend Soul golden dragon first before anything else.

That would be my suggestion

You pretty much just go for Rend Soul for max Reap uptime and than your normal relict trait priority.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2017-03-28 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Remember M+ Dungeons are getting rebalanced in 7.2 so a +10 no will be easier than a +10 in 7.2.
    They do scale higher but in you're getting gear from dungeons w/ 2 affixes you could only get from dungeons w/ 3 before. So I'd say really, depending on the week, for alts and non-mythic raiders a lot of runs will be about on-par (for the gear level) or even easier, I'd say (as in, from a level 9 w/2 affixes you're getting the same that just the day before would require level 14 w/ 3 affixes ... mob health/damage is equal to the old 14 but then it's only 2 affixes).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

How accurate are the numbers in terms of total AP in the weapons, the calculator listed shows 8M and some change to get to the 10% talent. Will this be how AP is distributed back to us in the refund?

Quote Originally Posted by TheShultz View Post
    How accurate are the numbers in terms of total AP in the weapons, the calculator listed shows 8M and some change to get to the 10% talent. Will this be how AP is distributed back to us in the refund?
    This is accurate http://ptr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc

You just get the full amount of ap you had in the weapon back in the refund (assuming you didn't put ap into the weapon past 54 traits while it was still possible). So if you're at 54 you get back 65 mil.

Every ap put into the weapon after the 54 trait hotfix will not be refunded, they said that days after the hotfix.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2017-03-28 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    This is accurate http://ptr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc

You just get the full amount of ap you had in the weapon back in the refund (assuming you didn't put ap into the weapon past 54 traits while it was still possible). So if you're at 54 you get back 65 mil.
    Word, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Uhh, no. The new traits are all in a separate linear path starting from the original x/20 trait. There's literally no thinking involved.
    OH yeah!! ....except all the 3/3 traits turn into 3/4....so ..yeah... it's not linear... #didntDoHomework

OT: Generally speaking you want to get your 4th Golden trait, then work your way down the 4/4 traits, starting with what would be your BiS relic trait, through to your worst relic trait. Only after you have 4/4 in everything can you start putting points into the Concordance of the Legionfall infinite trait.

So for example as Destruction you'd go with:
    1/1 Flames of the Black Harvest (10% Damage and Stamina)
    4/4 Conflagrate Damage
    1/1 Cry Havoc
    1/1 Flame Rift
    +1 Immolate Crit
    +1 Immolate Damage
    +1 Chaos Bolt Crit Damage
    +1 Chaos Bolt Shard Refund
    +1 Incinerate Damage
    +1 Incinerate Cast Time
    +1 Rain of Fire Damage
    +1 Life Tap
    +1 Drain Life
    + Concordance of the Legionfall

It's possible there may be some minor min/maxing with the order, but tbh in a few weeks it's really not going to matter anyway.
    Last edited by Esinar; 2017-03-28 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I think in your attempt at humor you missed out on the actual question: Go straight to 1/50 OR fill in some of those 3/3 talents that are now at 3/4.

Good question that I don't have an answer to.
    You can't get confluence until you have all the other traits, so it isn't a question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    You can't get confluence until you have all the other traits, so it isn't a question.
    Except it is, because you can fill out the other traits (either 4/4's or the new traits like the conflag damage) before going TO the new paragon traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Except it is, because you can fill out the other traits (either 4/4's or the new traits like the conflag damage) before going TO the new paragon traits.
    You can't put points into the new paragon trait until you have every single other trait. Its no different than before with the 35th point.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't put points into the new paragon trait until you have every single other trait. Its no different than before with the 35th point.
    I think you all are taking my comment out of context and are basing it on information unknown at the time of my post.
    The first point is that someone rather tongue-in-cheek said that there is only a linear path to follow, which my response was that there wasn't a linear path because of the additional point added to our 3/3 traits.

Second, it was unknown at the time that we couldn't go to Concordance of the Legionfall until filling in all of those 3/4 traits. If you've noticed, I made a completely new thread once I found out that we couldn't put points into Concordance until filling in all other traits.

I don't mind being corrected when I am wrong (I am wrong often enough), it just seems now to be a moot point and not worth the replies.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

@Scathbais I was replying to nagassh's post mostly as yours was dated. Though the wording even on his can be interpreted a few ways. Wasn't sure how he meant it.

I personally just went straight for the gold trait cause why nah.

@Scathbais I was replying to nagassh's post mostly as yours was dated. Though the wording even on his can be interpreted a few ways. Wasn't sure how he meant it.

I personally just went straight for the gold trait cause why nah.
    I also just went straight for the new stuff, honestly mostly just cause - even if they're lower dps somehow - I'd rather get the mechanical changes out of the way as early as possible.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same here @Baconeggcheese and @Count Zero. What I am happy to see is that at AK26 we are getting a ton of AP and that it seems like we will more easily catch up on our offspecs once it becomes prohibitive to spend AP until AK 27, AK 28, etc... It seems like it won't be as big a deal to keep all weapons at a similarly high level (ex relics of course) between AK rank ups.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    How many classes are actually going to skip the gold trait before filling in their old traits? Any? Maybe a healer? Doubtful any DPS, and certainly no tanks will. You get your gold trait, then you go based on current relic itemization to fill in your last 3/4 traits.

For afflcition there is 100% NO DISCUSSION on this. Get Rend Soul, then Get best traits. Shadow/perdition/UA crit, then either Corruption or Agony damage depending on what talents/legendaries you use. Then seed or drain depending on which you care about more/if you m+ or raid, then the last 3 junk ones however you please. I'd prefer the order of which heals the most.