Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    FIFA bans Messi for 4 games for insulting an official LUL
    6 hours before their game tonight with only evidence sent in by Chile (the referee said he didn't hear Messi insult anyone)

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    6 hours before their game tonight with only evidence sent in by Chile (the referee said he didn't hear Messi insult anyone)
    i dunno.. you be the judge

http://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-interna...764453594.html

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    I'm not denying he did it. But usually an action has to come from a referee report. I'm all for punishing players that abuse the referees. The timing of all of this is funny though. However, think about this, Jara of Chile only got a 3 game ban for sticking a finger up Cavani's butt, Messi gets a 4 match ban for swearing at a referee.

Also, SA football is played not just on the field but off of the field as well. It was purely strategic that Chile gave FIFA the video only 24 hours before Argentina's game. Chile need Argentina to lose since Chile is behind Argentina in the standings.

Deleted
    That donkey benteke scoring 2 goals for Belgium in a 3v3 with Russia annoys me. Good to see Iceland doing well, such a likeable team/nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    That donkey benteke scoring 2 goals for Belgium in a 3v3 with Russia annoys me. Good to see Iceland doing well, such a likeable team/nation.
    Netherlands vastly improved over 2 days despite still not being up par. Van Gaal also pretty much out of the question, so I wonder who would possibly take the job.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Netherlands vastly improved over 2 days despite still not being up par. Van Gaal also pretty much out of the question, so I wonder who would possibly take the job.
    Yeah was just about to comment that and Depay showing he should have played against Bulgaria. Why is Van Gaal out of the question?

Capello also watching the game, maybe he is next one! Don't know that much of how good of a trainer he is except the fact that England was poor under him, but then again they seem to always be poor.

Deleted
    Capello is an all time great.

Not sure if he's still got it though.

Hey Firebane,

thought France looked fairly poor today. I know some of your big guns didn't play but thought they didn't do well overall. Still, only a friendly.

Portugal lost 2-3 to Sweden, ok we played with 10 different players out of 11 but still pisses me off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Portugal lost 2-3 to Sweden, ok we played with 10 different players out of 11 but still pisses me off.
    at least ronnie scored!

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    at least ronnie scored!
    He scored 2, two days ago, i prefer to win or draw than to lose since we are the European Champions now, even with a "2nd" team it feels bad af. Own goal at 90+3...ffs.

Oh well, at least it was a friendly. We won the important one against Hungary.

- - - Updated - - -

This shit happened because of Benfica-Porto next weekend, some players were not used or else the QQ would be insane here in Portugal.

Bolivia 2-0 Argentina final. 3 more games without Messi. I don't think they qualify unless their appeal works.

and Chile is winning, so looks like their plan worked

- - - Updated - - -

i had one eye on the France Spain friendly and noticed they used video replay to disallow a goal for France and allow a goal for Spain

World Cup is going to be much worse off without Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    World Cup is going to be much worse off without Argentina.
    Lol, even if they end up in 5th, do you think they will lose to New Zealand or whatever team wins the Oceania qualifiers? They can end up worst than 5th but i doubt that.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, other than Russia, the host, we already have another qualified team, Brazil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Hey Firebane,

thought France looked fairly poor today. I know some of your big guns didn't play but thought they didn't do well overall. Still, only a friendly.
    You don't say?

We have a lot of overrated players. Kanté and Griezmann hold the side together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    You don't say?

I heard Kante was given the run around yesterday. That was the BBC comments mind, so not a great source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Well to be fair Sweden changed 10 players as well compared to their qualifying game on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    You don't say?

Isn't Kante being played as a DM?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I heard Kante was given the run around yesterday. That was the BBC comments mind, so not a great source.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Isn't Kante being played as a DM?
    Kante had a tough time of it. He didn't have any help and he was the sole defensive mid. Against a team like Spain, who is the best passing team in international play, you will be run ragged if you are setup like France was and how Kante was positioned.