Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    While i may not agree that ilevel scaling is a good thing when used 1:1, either it is very inconsistent now or people complaining haven't even played the new patch yet. On my 875~ rogue i am absolutely still melting Broken Shore mobs. Any faster and they would be close to a one shot.
    I haven't felt a difference at all, and had to see for myself as soon as reports came out.
    It's the usual fare - the impact is stronger in a discussion (bitching) forum than in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I'm pissed about this. I am a Frost DK i886, and have been doing some easy damage on WQ enemies and bosses. But last night I'm doing these WQ's and thinking, WTF, why is this so tough all of a sudden ? I should be mowing these bad guys down at i886, but I wasn't, they we're actually tough and getting my health down at times on certain WQ's.

If I am i886, a WQ should be easy peasy, and should feel that I am of a higher strength and should be killing like a bad ass. Now I feel as if I am almost a fresh 110 newb, or maybe i810 or some sh!t.

And World Bosses only dropping i860 gear WTF? Now standard WQ's drop i860 gear, so the bosses should be dropping like i875 or so.
    The new ones drop a higher il for a start, and in retrospect, the current ones could be bumped a tad. Why should you one shot mobs in the world? makes the world kind of irrelevant when its not fighting back in the slightest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I haven't felt a difference at all, and had to see for myself as soon as reports came out.
    It's the usual fare - the impact is stronger in a discussion (bitching) forum than in game.
    The sky is falling by the looks of it, so much crazy rage, over something most won't notice till you point it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    good move on blizzards part.
    Mmm, I actually support the idea.

The problem is a well-known one. They want the world to continue to feel as if it's at least relevant, and they've generally done a good job of that. Having mobs scale (somewhat) with item level is also a means of providing progression for each player, as appropriate.

But I can't shake the feeling that, once again, Blizzard are treating the effect rather than the cause. The cause seems to be wildly inflating item levels that trivialize everything, and changing that design choice would remove the need to have enemies scale by it without upsetting power progression.

I was surprised how easy the Broken Shore was. I expected Timeless Isle level of difficulty or at the very least Suramar City. I did it on a Mage and Paladin and only when I switched from Retribution to Holy did I find things slowed down. Otherwise I didn't notice until I saw the post on mmochampion this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But at the same time there's also the Dark Souls style of how enemies always present some credible threat.

I definitely think that if Blizzard is going to do this that it should be a toggle that the player can choose to turn on or off.
    Cant compare Dark Souls and WoW one is a solo experience based around skillful yet simple combat where you can dodge 100% of the damage, the other is a multiplayer (bragging rights and such) where damage is mostly unavoidable and combat relies on executing a sequence perfectly

I get what youre going for but you really cant compare

10+ Year Old Account
    For all of you who support the idea of scaling based on your ilvl, why do you roll on gear? what is the point now besides transmogs? now think about this before you answer, imagine your next raid is ilvl scaling bosses, what would you do then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    For all of you who support the idea of scaling based on your ilvl, why do you roll on gear? what is the point now besides transmogs? now think about this before you answer, imagine your next raid is ilvl scaling bosses, what would you do then?
    I think its unfair they are doing it to outside world only, this should also apply to raids. Lets make Mythics harder as you get more gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But at the same time there's also the Dark Souls style of how enemies always present some credible threat.

I definitely think that if Blizzard is going to do this that it should be a toggle that the player can choose to turn on or off.
    I agree that it should be toggle-able but the way they stealthily implemented it, and how broken it is right now, is ridiculous.

Also Dark Souls and WoW are different games. You can't really up and dodge mechanics in WoW like in Dark Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    I think its unfair they are doing it to outside world only, this should also apply to raids. Lets make Mythics harder as you get more gear.
    I mean....you're supposed to do higher mythics the more gear you get....so its kinda already there.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    If it were to work like they described, you would still be stronger, just not as overpowered. The same effect could be done by just reducing the ilvl gap between activities/tiers, but i think this expansion we have already gone too far to do that.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What a stupid decision.

Problem: Players are fed up with repetitive chores.
    Answer: Make them take longer.

Stupid idiot's, Blizzard deserve to make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Why are some basing their skills on a world quest? surly the goal is to get better at more than just that? Either way mythic do get harder in a manner, you up the difficulty and try ahrder things with new loot, same for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    You find being lied to as a consumer about the product you're paying for to be acceptable. Cool. Done talking to you.
    Did you even read Ion's post? He said and I quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The intent of our change in 7.2 was to smooth out that progression curve a bit, not flatten it out, and certainly never to invert it. If you get a great set of item upgrades that make you 5% stronger, maybe the world gets 1-2% tougher. Perhaps instead of getting 400% stronger over the course of the expansion relative to the outdoor world, you only get 250% stronger. But you should always be getting more powerful in relative terms, and upgrades should always matter.
    Are people unable to read? YOU STILL WILL BE GETTING STRONGER RELATIVE TO THE OUTDOOR WORLD.

How is this hard for you all to understand. Fucking whining and bitching about a minuscule change that actually improves the *GASP* GAMEPLAY!

People need to fucking open their eyes and READ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    What a stupid decision.

Calling someone "stupid idiot's" isn't ironical at all.

I don't mind this change at all, I like the fact that content scales to a certain degree.
    Hi

Why not just have outdoor mobs scale with you until Heroic dungeon level (or whatever Blizz seems to fair) and then stop the scaling. So mobs would only scale to il850 then anything the player gets after that makes them feel more powerful? Every patch can raise the scale level with current heroic dungeon ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandruid View Post
    Seems like a lot of complaining for the sake of complaining especially by people who come across measuring their skills as killing a quest mob in one hit, or now in 2.
    Nice try, but I'm a Heroic raider and I find this annoying for several reasons. First it's dropped out of the blue without any mention in patch notes. Second Ion explicitly said in a Q&A that they didn't want to do such a thing. Third because Blizzard is trying to fix a problem (ilvl inflation) with another problem (mob scaling). Fourth because it's broken that I can unequip a ring and see mob health drop by 40%. Fifth because the very concept of an MMO is gaining power; what's the point if monsters also do? Sixth because if you're geared this doesn't even add a lot more challenge, it's purely tedious. And seventh because if you're a tank/healer mainspec you are royally fucked by mobs that you finally got a decent time to kill on, now becoming twice as long to dispatch.

It's a stupid change, and has no place in this game. I don't say this often, but this is not something Blizzard should just tweak. It should be removed entirely. Gear scaling is fine for solo scenarios to preserve some amount of challenge. It doesn't belong anywhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    What a stupid decision.

You fail at reading. See above Blizz quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Did you even read Ion's post? He said and I quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The intent of our change in 7.2 was to smooth out that progression curve a bit, not flatten it out, and certainly never to invert it. If you get a great set of item upgrades that make you 5% stronger, maybe the world gets 1-2% tougher. Perhaps instead of getting 400% stronger over the course of the expansion relative to the outdoor world, you only get 250% stronger. But you should always be getting more powerful in relative terms, and upgrades should always matter.
    Are people unable to read? YOU STILL WILL BE GETTING STRONGER RELATIVE TO THE OUTDOOR WORLD.

How is this hard for you all to understand. Fucking whining and bitching about a minuscule change that actually improves the *GASP* GAMEPLAY!

People need to fucking open their eyes and READ.
    Godamnit, i never would have thought I'd side with Jaylock ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Calling someone "stupid idiot's" isn't ironical at all.

I don't mind this change at all, I like the fact that content scales to a certain degree.
    Exactly. The world isn't scaling equally with a player's item level, its scaling at about 1/3rd or 1/4th the rate. I like it because as Ion said, it's really frustraiting to get into a world quest group only to have all the mobs dead and all i really get to do is loot corpses while the quest is done for me.

There's 0 gameplay there. Great change imo.

ofc they are not Jay, they are complaining instantly, I would place a pretty safe bet that a good portion of the people complaining haven't even logged in yet. Sure, some have and quite frankly the change is so minimal I'm surprised it was noticed.

Yeah, more reading, more playing, less insta qq ey!