Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You guys do realize enemies from newer content have more health and damage, right? Ever since Blizz started introducing new zones in patches? Why in the world does ilvl scaling affect you?

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Mmm, I actually support the idea.

The problem is a well-known one. They want the world to continue to feel as if it's at least relevant, and they've generally done a good job of that. Having mobs scale (somewhat) with item level is also a means of providing progression for each player, as appropriate.

But I can't shake the feeling that, once again, Blizzard are treating the effect rather than the cause. The cause seems to be wildly inflating item levels that trivialize everything, and changing that design choice would remove the need to have enemies scale by it without upsetting power progression.
    Ah, but dig deeper. Inflating item levels come from multiple difficulties of content that necessitate differences in gear levels.
    Multiple difficulties come from the many flavors of player preference that fluctuate over time.
    Differing preferences and skill levels in turn cause the loop.

Solution: cater to fewer preferences and skill levels?

IMO that puts Blizzard in an impossible position that's in defiance of their values.

10+ Year Old Account
    They hid this because they knew people would be pissed. If you want harder world content, spend the dev time to make new areas, then tune those to be more difficult baseline. But instead they are using this as an excuse to point at and say "oh look you still have challenging content because it scaaaaaaales".
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Godamnit, i never would have thought I'd side with Jaylock ><
    Its the entitled QUEUE crowd that are whining about this change.

This is just another clear example of the entitlement of players, thinking that everything in the game should be easy.

So new content in the outdoor world should always be easy? Should people get a few LFR pieces of gear and be able to 1 shot things in new zones? How does that make for a fun game or compelling gameplay in the outdoor world.

The world should *GASP* ALWAYS pose at least SOME danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Did you even read Ion's post? He said and I quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The intent of our change in 7.2 was to smooth out that progression curve a bit, not flatten it out, and certainly never to invert it. If you get a great set of item upgrades that make you 5% stronger, maybe the world gets 1-2% tougher. Perhaps instead of getting 400% stronger over the course of the expansion relative to the outdoor world, you only get 250% stronger. But you should always be getting more powerful in relative terms, and upgrades should always matter.
    Are people unable to read? YOU STILL WILL BE GETTING STRONGER RELATIVE TO THE OUTDOOR WORLD.

How is this hard for you all to understand. Fucking whining and bitching about a minuscule change that actually improves the *GASP* GAMEPLAY!

People need to fucking open their eyes and READ.
    I read it, I just still disagree with it, I don't think any scaling should be done, I earned the gear, I earned the right to stop trivial mobs.

If they want to make the mobs more difficult, then they need to make it worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    They hid this because they knew people would be pissed. If you want harder world content, spend the dev time to make new areas, then tune those to be more difficult baseline. But instead they are using this as an excuse to point at and say "oh look you still have challenging content because it scaaaaaaales".
    They hid this because as soon as they announced it for testing, people would get up in arms without actually trying it.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    I agree that it should be toggle-able but the way they stealthily implemented it, and how broken it is right now, is ridiculous.

Also Dark Souls and WoW are different games. You can't really up and dodge mechanics in WoW like in Dark Souls.
    There should NOT be a toggle for any of the outdoor world content. The outdoor world content should vary in degrees of difficulty organically. So if a world quest presents a problem that requires more players or more coordination to accomplish, or tougher monsters that take more thought to kill, so be it. There should also be quests or events that are relatively easy to accomplish for the lesser skilled people (collect nuts and squirrels comes to mind).

Its the entitled QUEUE crowd that are whining about this change.

This is just another clear example of the entitlement of players, thinking that everything in the game should be easy.
    *Insult people I disagree with* Good stuff.
    So new content in the outdoor world should always be easy? Should people get a few LFR pieces of gear and be able to 1 shot things in new zones? How does that make for a fun game or compelling gameplay in the outdoor world.
    The reason people don't want it is because the outdoor content isn't meaningful, it doesn't instantly become compelling just because it takes more time lol. It needs better rewards to be compelling. How do you think making something more tedious somehow makes it more compelling?

The world should *GASP* ALWAYS pose at least SOME danger.
    No it shouldn't, the rewards don't merit the challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    No they didn't. You obviously didn't even fucking read the blue post. They said the plan was that it would feel organic. So that if you gained 5% in power, the mobs would only gain 1-2% power. It was supposed to be a subtle change. Obviously there are a few bugs they need to work out, and when they do, it will be in a good place.

No need to put in official patch notes this scaling because it isn't even a feature, its a slight change in game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    They hid this because as soon as they announced it for testing, people would get up in arms without actually trying it.
    So now people have tried it and they are still up in arms, and on top of that feel tricked and lied to. How is that productive for a dev/consumer relationship?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    *Insult people I disagree with* Good stuff.
    The reason people don't want it is because the outdoor content isn't meaningful, it doesn't instantly become compelling just because it takes more time lol. It needs better rewards to be compelling. How do you think making something more tedious somehow makes it more compelling?

No it shouldn't, the rewards don't merit the challenge.
    Its meaningful enough for people to be out doing world quests. Do you disagree with that?

I mean if people are OUT IN THE WORLD doing stuff, the outdoor content must be meaningful. How are you not understanding this?

No they didn't. You obviously didn't even fucking read the blue post. They said the plan was that it would feel organic. So that if you gained 5% in power, the mobs would only gain 1-2% power. It was supposed to be a subtle change. Obviously there are a few bugs they need to work out, and when they do, it will be in a good place.

No need to put in official patch notes this scaling because it isn't even a feature, its a slight change in game mechanics.
    Just keep swearing and insulting people, that's how humans talk to each other.

If I earned power, why should I have any percentage taken away from me? Why should I instantly lose 20-40% of my gain?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Calling someone "stupid idiot's" isn't ironical at all.
    Yes it is, that's why it became a thing, it's comical yet insulting.

I read it, I just still disagree with it, I don't think any scaling should be done, I earned the gear, I earned the right to stop trivial mobs.

If they want to make the mobs more difficult, then they need to make it worth my time.
    Like how the quests now give more ap, gear level ect? and sure you earned some gear, but those "trivial mobs" are now a bit boring sisnce they do not do anything, they are not that much harder, but at least they are not useless

Its meaningful enough for people to be out doing world quests. Do you disagree with that?

I mean if people are OUT IN THE WORLD doing stuff, the outdoor content must be meaningful. How are you not understanding this?
    Then end goal is meaningful to some extent, the individual mobs are still trivial, just slightly more tedious.

Can you just slide back on the shitty attitude a bit? Just try to converse like a human for 30 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now people have tried it and they are still up in arms, and on top of that feel tricked and lied to. How is that productive for a dev/consumer relationship?
    Still fail at reading comprehension. There is a bug with the scaling. They are fixing it. Once its fixed, the issue will be a *GASP* Non-Issue.

Give it some time. Don't be so quick to call foul like the rest of the vocal minority.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You fail at reading.
    Nope, I wasn't saying that problem was the reason for this change, I was saying that problem is made worse by this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep swearing and insulting people, that's how humans talk to each other.

If I earned power, why should I have any percentage taken away from me? Why should I instantly lose 20-40% of my gain?
    In the same vein however should players above a certain ilvl threshold then not be able to gain rewards from WQ's given that they don't need them and it is trivial anyways?

The change is just bad, it's regression. Yesterday someone was killing these mobs faster/easier, today it's taking longer/harder for the same reward.
    If they made it ONLY for the Broken Shore - okay, for the whole Broken Isles - no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandruid View Post
    Like how the quests now give more ap, gear level ect? and sure you earned some gear, but those "trivial mobs" are now a bit boring sisnce they do not do anything, they are not that much harder, but at least they are not useless
    They only give more AP because more is required.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    In the same vein however should players above a certain ilvl threshold then not be able to gain rewards from WQ's given that they don't need them and it is trivial anyways?
    Shards/gold/enchanting mats/AP is always required.