Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To me Wax and Wane looks like Sunblind. It's a small additional bonus. If you're stuck spamming moonfire for movement reasons (pvp, poor planning in pve), you do a tiny bit more damage. Just like sunblind. It saves you, occasionally, a second GCD to cast sunfire. A small bonus.

Overall, I think they're really missing an opportunity in our Gold Ring trait to really give a fat boost to Starsurge. Starsurge is way too weak and we need specifically single target help badly (it would especially be nice to get something in the form of burst for single target, like a chance to have your next starsurge consume all your remaining empowerments and deal them as damage to the target). On the other hand, if Circadian Rhythm or whatever it's called is working like the old school Curse of Elements, then it's really strong as a raid buff.
    Last edited by thedeisel; 2017-03-27 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "...increases the damage you deal..."

so no it doesn't, else balance would be a must have in raid

On another note, balance is pure crap right now and seems to stay this way next raid tier, I just hope that the figths in Tomb suit the spec better - more spread AoE.
    I get benched almost every progress fight now... currently 7/10

I thought Blizz's policy was to get rid of "I need this class in my raid", but apparently Blood DK and Feral Druid have this option. This is their way of fixing Feral for raids and m+? you are 4 allies gain X buff *laughs in cringe*

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    I thought Blizz's policy was to get rid of "I need this class in my raid", but apparently Blood DK and Feral Druid have this option. This is their way of fixing Feral for raids and m+? you are 4 allies gain X buff *laughs in cringe*
    Quite a few more get that. The buffs aren't that powerfull, though. Nothing like BC were you took a class with >20% less damage along for their buffs.

Yeah fire mage new 1 point gives ~2% crit to 4 near by players.

Im a little confused how with the current state and how the 7.2 changes to boomie seem to be very lackluster, the boomie community havent made bigger uproar

Because it's too early to tell, and class balance depends on all classes, not just the one you play. Also barely anyone has tested the new raid already, who knows which classes/specs it favours, which broken trinkets (draught of souls anyone?) or set bonuses change everything and so on.

Flat 6% single target damage buff and higher sustained aoe damage doesn't sound too bad actually, only the direct moonfire damage increase trait is a joke.

ToS won't be live for another 11 (?) weeks, and 7.2.5 is supposed to be a bigger class balance patch before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    Im a little confused how with the current state and how the 7.2 changes to boomie seem to be very lackluster, the boomie community havent made bigger uproar
    Because 7.2 is not a class balancing patch.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Because 7.2 is not a class balancing patch.
    and yet there was some balancing done in the patch. i.e 4% to feral.

- - - Updated - - -

So what is everyone doing with traits to get back on topic.

With what AP we have i see a problem.

if we go for the 6% final golden that means we will see little to no ST damage increase for a little while, as we farm AP.

the only thing we get is that crappy moonfire and 12% to starfall.

are people taking 4/4 traits for instant dps buffs instead?

It only takes like 70 m+ 7-9 to get the golden trait, not counting raids and WQ. Not hard to get before tomorrows raids.

It only takes like 70 m+ 7-9 to get the golden trait, not counting raids and WQ. Not hard to get before tomorrows raids.
    70m is a lot for a day and a half.

that is old school 20m ap? Granted i don't raid till friday so i could prob make the golden trait.

did our damage take a hit today. I am in raid this evening and nowhere close to where I was. Anyone else experiencing issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wax and wane.
    What is it's Purpose?
    What is the reasoning of that someone at blizzard that thinks this may be an useful trait?
    To me it smells like an useless piece of crap.

I thought or I hope the moonfire trait is intended as a filler ability that help us maintain dps to some level, or not punish balance druid as hard for progression when we have to move sub-optimally? Because both single target and AE for balance druid requires build up time.

So I really don't understand why this mooonfire trait also need building up as well? Is there a fight in this patch we need to move the whole phrase or something?

If you take 20 minutes per run with travel time, that's 24h non-stop play. Check your numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Wax and wane.
    What is it's Purpose?
    What is the reasoning of that someone at blizzard that thinks this may be an useful trait?
    To me it smells like an useless piece of crap.
    It is. With Nature's Balance, it's a 0% DPS increase. Without it, it's like a 0.002% DPS increase.

It's worthless, and here's hoping they make it like 300% damage in ToS to be worth a damn.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Wax and Wane's purpose if for Trillax only in his laser phase. You can't cast shit while running, why not spam Moonfire?
    Or maybe ToS will have a lot of fights where we have to run and spam MF because we can't cast. Or maybe Blizzard wants us to return to Vanilla and have Moonfire on ALL bars.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you take 20 minutes per run with travel time, that's 24h non-stop play. Check your numbers.
    No one said to only do m+. Stop being dumb. WQ and raids have always been the most efficient way to farm AP.

No one said to only do m+. Stop being dumb. WQ and raids have always been the most efficient way to farm AP.
    You said it would be easy to do 70 M+ in one day. Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You said it would be easy to do 70 M+ in one day. Not me.
    It is. 5 people in my raid group already have that trait.