Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You obviously didn't even fucking read the blue post. They said the plan was that it would feel organic. So that if you gained 5% in power, the mobs would only gain 1-2% power.
    Still fail at reading comprehension. There is a bug with the scaling. They are fixing it. Once its fixed, the issue will be a *GASP* Non-Issue.
    You seem to be making the mistake of assuming that just because their change isn't working as intended that it won't still be a problem when it is.

This change whether working as intended or not is a problem hence why the playerbase is up in arms about it. Because even when it works as they intend/describe it will be a negative detriment to the gameplay experience. Mobs should not scale at all if you gain 5% power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    They only give more AP because more is required.

- - - Updated - - -

Shards/gold/enchanting mats/AP is always required.
    They are, and while i know hp padding isn't a very good way to make things hard (Vanilla, ho!!!) it is the only time efficient thing they can do. Why should somebody one shot everything and be rewarded well for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then end goal is meaningful to some extent, the individual mobs are still trivial, just slightly more tedious.

Can you just slide back on the shitty attitude a bit? Just try to converse like a human for 30 seconds.
    I'm trying to, but when all i see is a wall of whine with no arguments for why they dislike the change then someones gotta call them out on it.

Whats the point of a power progression MMO?

Just amuse me for a second. Lets say you are this mighty hero (which we are in this world), and you fight and fight and fight and find a great piece of gear that increases your power a lot. The enemy can see the threat you now present, well they go back or consult with their demon masters and try to find a way to make themselves more powerful to try to combat you as you now pose a greater threat to their world conquest. They are unable to ramp up in power as fast as you can, but still, they do get a little more powerful as you get much more powerful.

You see? It makes it feel more like an actual RPG. It gives a little bit of life to the monsters and turns them from arbitrary road blocks to actual thinking, breathing threats to your character's existence.

I read it, I just still disagree with it, I don't think any scaling should be done, I earned the gear, I earned the right to stop trivial mobs.

If they want to make the mobs more difficult, then they need to make it worth my time.
    If you are at a decent Ilvl, old world content is still trivial. If you are at a level where mobs are difficult to kill, with world quest items scaling higher, it does make it "worth your time".

Still fail at reading comprehension. There is a bug with the scaling. They are fixing it. Once its fixed, the issue will be a *GASP* Non-Issue.

Give it some time. Don't be so quick to call foul like the rest of the vocal minority.
    Still using ad hominem.

Done, blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The change is just bad, it's regression. Yesterday someone was killing these mobs faster/easier, today it's taking longer/harder for the same reward.
    If they made it ONLY for the Broken Shore - okay, for the whole Broken Isles - no thanks.
    Except it is not the same reward for most of these?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You seem to be making the mistake of assuming that just because their change isn't working as intended that it won't still be a problem when it is.

This change whether working as intended or not is a problem hence why the playerbase is up in arms about it. Because even when it works as they intend/describe it will be a negative detriment to the gameplay experience. Mobs should not scale at all if you gain 5% power.
    Why shouldn't they? "oh because they never have scaled relative to char power before!!" Is that what your argument is? I mean i know you read their reasoning behind WHY they made the change didn't you? It was very clear that it felt BAD to join a group for outdoor content and only be looting stuff and not actually playing because everything was dead when you got there. Or to only spam instant cast spells on mobs to get a tag so you actually get credit before the mob dies. Thats bad gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    If you are at a decent Ilvl, old world content is still trivial. If you are at a level where mobs are difficult to kill, with world quest items scaling higher, it does make it "worth your time".
    You're conflating difficulty with tedium.

I don't think the quests are harder, I think they are more tedious and I don't see why it should take me more time to do a quest just because I have better gear.

Deleted
    Did you even read Ion's post? He said and I quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The intent of our change in 7.2 was to smooth out that progression curve a bit, not flatten it out, and certainly never to invert it. If you get a great set of item upgrades that make you 5% stronger, maybe the world gets 1-2% tougher. Perhaps instead of getting 400% stronger over the course of the expansion relative to the outdoor world, you only get 250% stronger. But you should always be getting more powerful in relative terms, and upgrades should always matter.
    Are people unable to read? YOU STILL WILL BE GETTING STRONGER RELATIVE TO THE OUTDOOR WORLD.

How is this hard for you all to understand. Fucking whining and bitching about a minuscule change that actually improves the *GASP* GAMEPLAY!

People need to fucking open their eyes and READ.
    Because Suramar City is so densely packed with mobs and cluttered with so much shit you get stuck on (Benches, bushes, steps) and getting unmasked OUTSIDE the spotting circle unless you are a tank you are a dead man end of story, no reason to make this even harder.

They want to get rid of the mask crap, thin out the city and get rid of all the shit laying about that would be a great improvement.

Even as a Shadow Priest ~ 878 I am getting raped so hard when I am unmasked because there is NOWHERE to run because there are mobs everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    They are, and while i know hp padding isn't a very good way to make things hard (Vanilla, ho!!!) it is the only time efficient thing they can do. Why should somebody one shot everything and be rewarded well for it?
    Because they earned the gear to be able to one shot things. They didn't just show up fresh faced 110 and one shot everything. They had to get the gear to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still using ad hominem.

Done, blocked.
    But you do fail at reading comprehension. Or you blatantly ignored what Ion said. Please do give a proper counter argument to Ion's post and then maybe you and I can have a civil discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandruid View Post
    Except it is not the same reward for most of these?
    I didn't explain myself properly.

Let's say someone is 895ilvl and does the WQuest, why it's now taking him longer to do exactly the same things for the same reward(I don't count +15ilvl bonus, because 99% of the gear still will be vendored)? That's unfair and stupid.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why shouldn't they?
    Because it's a bad idea, unwanted and something they said they wouldn't do.

This is why the playerbase is telling them on mass that it's a stupid idea, unwanted and something they said they wouldn't do, lol.

Did you even read Ion's post
    It's entirely obvious you didn't read mine. So, howsabout you take your own advice.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're conflating difficulty with tedium.

I don't think the quests are harder, I think they are more tedious and I don't see why it should take me more time to do a quest just because I have better gear.
    But it won't take you more time to do a quest if you have better gear. It will still take you less time.

Example Ion Gave: If you become 400% more powerful because of gear over the course of the expansion, maybe the world scales up to only 150% in power. In this case instead of mobs taking 20 sec to kill at the start of an expansion to 5 seconds because of your 400% power increase, they take 7-8 seconds.

You still gained power and mobs still die quicker than when it took 20 seconds at the beginning of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I didn't explain myself properly.

Let's say someone is 895ilvl and does the WQuest, why it's now taking him longer to do exactly the same things for the same reward(I don't count +15ilvl bonus, because 99% of the gear still will be vendored)? That's unfair and stupid.
    AP reward i still up. and your saying you want to stay one shotting mobs, next raid comes out, still one shotting mobs, next raid comes out, still one shotting mobs? Feels more like it has made the world zones a little more relevant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Because it's a bad idea, unwanted and something they said they wouldn't do.

This is why the playerbase is telling them on mass that it's a stupid idea, unwanted and something they said they wouldn't do, lol.
    Game design is a fluid process. They changed their mind because of the well reasoned explanation Ion gave.

If Blizzard didn't change their mind from time to time, you wouldn't have your precious LFR to queue up to. We would still be raiding 40 man content with 2 loot drops per boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best answer I've seen regarding scaling
    "I don't have time to run raids and m+ every week, and then deal with ridiculous scaling world mobs THAT DROP 865 GEAR. Why the hell am I fighting 900+ ilevel mobs for trash gear? How does that make any sense to you in anyway?"

But you do fail at reading comprehension. Or you blatantly ignored what Ion said. Please do give a proper counter argument to Ion's post and then maybe you and I can have a civil discussion.
    He gave hypothetical fixes, using words like "perhaps" isn't definite. Maybe it's you who needs to work on their reading comprehension.

Perhaps instead of getting 400% stronger over the course of the expansion relative to the outdoor world, you only get 250% stronger.
    The point is if the system is changed then they will unavoidable be inverting peoples power levels due to the fact that one the first day of the change people will be doing less damage, even if they change how much that difference is, it will still exist.

The intent of our change in 7.2 was to smooth out that progression curve a bit, not flatten it out, and certainly never to invert it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandruid View Post
    AP reward i still up. and your saying you want to stay one shotting mobs, next raid comes out, still one shotting mobs, next raid comes out, still one shotting mobs? Feels more like it has made the world zones a little more relevant
    What's the point of the reward will be the same? I want to see progress, that's all, I'm not getting gear just to battle the same NPCs all the time. I've got my artifact and armor from the strongers demons from the Burning Legion to fight as long as I fought with my tailored pants and steel daggers? Senseless.