Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hey look at the bright side, in a few days it's April's Fool. Who knows, maybe this will all go away.
    Or they thought to testing something really fucked up and then say "ow we're kidding haha, april fools"...

Well hell if the entire point of the scaling system was to prevent mobs from dying too quickly and DPS say they're still obliterating everything they look at then maybe we should UP the scale instead of reducing it. I say every mob should require a minimum of 8 seconds to kill! That way everyone can feel like healers.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes. it's on today

Judging by the Broken Shore WQs I did this morning, it feels like the scaling has been significantly reduced, or reverted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    If you think that one-shotting EVERYTHING open-world, and scrambling to get an instant off to tag an already dying target for credit is fun gameplay... you're probably better off unsubbing.
    If you pull out your head from Watcher's arse I would like to tell you a story about lying to those who pay your salary.
    I don't care about healers or mages (who are the real losers here) or anyone else but when I pay for something and they lie into my face I have to make actions.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2017-03-29 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerdynn View Post
    "I also understand that to many folks it doesn't appear to be a real problem at all, and it seems like we're just trying to throw up pointless obstacles."

100% this. NO ONE wanted this world scaling. My chores take long enough as is.
    One - it's clear that the intent is too not make it total faceroll, but still have gear make a difference. It's just overtuned right now, which they admit. People in this thread have admitted to not noticing a difference, so even with it overtuned it's clear that noticing an improvement as gear improves is still noticeable.

Two - If you describe playing the game as "my chores", maybe its time to take a break or quit and do something else. The point of playing a game is to have fun after all.

The WoW community is so good at overreacting. The scaling is barely noticeable. If anything I'd say it's noticeable on a healer so the scaling can just be changed for them.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2017-03-29 at 05:05 PM.

That explains why I'm fighting normal mobs with 3.1mil HP. The scaling change is not ok, this is something they've said they would never do and here it is. My 905 Warrior should be killing stuff a lot faster than my 885 Shaman.

They really dropped the ball on this patch.

Questing in healer spec is still perfectly fine for me. I am only 873'ish something on with my Pally/Priest but really questing in not an issue. It may take a bit more to kill mobs, but really it is not that terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    One - it's clear that the intent is too not make it total faceroll, but still have gear make a difference. It's just overtuned right now, which they admit. People in this thread have admitted to not noticing a difference, so even with it overtuned it's clear that noticing an improvement as gear improves is still noticeable.

Two - If you describe playing the game as "my chores", maybe its time to take a break or quit and do something else. The point of playing a game is to have fun after all.
    I think what Ion said what the purpose of this was is pretty clear and easy to understand. What's kind of disapointing is that for all of their talk of being more transparent, and having better communication, they slipped this in, without it being tested on the PTR, and giving players a chance to try it, and discuss it - especially after having said they would never do it. They purposely hid it, and that just...well, it sucks.

When you treat your audience like children, don't be shocked and surprised when they act like children. All of this could have been avoided with one more week on the PTR, announcing they were trying this, letting players try it and having actual feedback to tune it, and players would have known it's coming, and that it's not a big deal. (In a better, tweaked state)

Blizzard owns this one, they handled it badly - and as usual, Ion has to post a wall of text rationalizing something he had WEEKS to test on the PTR, and avoided this blowup on the forums by explaining it before it released. They know how players are, and how they react to stuff like this. I have to seriously question Ion's leadership, when he keeps doing this over and over.

The real/next issue is how players will react to the rest of the 7.2 content....that is, when it unlocks. Hoo boy. You wanted gated content like TBC? Well, you got it!

This explanation reads like it is the players who are at fault because they neither like nor appreciate the mobs scaling based on item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I love how people are threatening to quit over something even they admit is a bit too steep and will probably be adjusted.

Yes, this reflects a deliberate change, but it's also not working exactly as we intended. The scaling may be too steep, and the fact that unequipping a piece of gear can ever be helpful is a bug in the system. We'll be looking into making changes to correct this in the very near future.

Deliberate but even they admitted they fucked up.
    It's not a matter of it being steep, it's the matter of it existing. Absolutely retarded decision.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I think what Ion said what the purpose of this was is pretty clear and easy to understand. What's kind of disapointing is that for all of their talk of being more transparent, and having better communication, they slipped this in, without it being tested on the PTR, and giving players a chance to try it, and discuss it - especially after having said they would never do it. They purposely hid it, and that just...well, it sucks.

When you treat your audience like children, don't be shocked and surprised when they act like children. All of this could have been avoided with one more week on the PTR, announcing they were trying this, letting players try it and having actual feedback to tune it, and players would have known it's coming, and that it's not a big deal. (In a better, tweaked state)

Blizzard owns this one, they handled it badly - and as usual, Ion has to post a wall of text rationalizing something he had WEEKS to test on the PTR, and avoided this blowup on the forums by explaining it before it released. They know how players are, and how they react to stuff like this. I have to seriously question Ion's leadership, when he keeps doing this over and over.

The real/next issue is how players will react to the rest of the 7.2 content....that is, when it unlocks. Hoo boy. You wanted gated content like TBC? Well, you got it!
    Yup, agree with you on this. Even just a proactive note that said "whoops we screwed up" would have been better than a reactive note like this. It's rarely the best approach, but announcing a mistake before your customers find it is generally a wise move.

Mobs scaling with ilv just let me feel that Blizzard is trying to use a way which punishes players to fix the problem that they lose the control of scaling again so faster than they expected. It's really insane idea and make me very disappointed.

Blizzard need to go back to normal number levels, so these problems dont happen.

If things just scale to your gear what's the point in gear at that point? The whole idea behind an RPG is the power fantasy, you start off as some lowly nobody and work your way up to being a hero with the equipment to match. If a rat is just as hard to kill to some noob wearing a burlap sack with a wooden sword as a seasoned hero wearing enchanted platemail with a mighty sword enchanted with magical fire than what's the point in gearing up? The guy who slew the dragon and reclaimed the weapon so powerful it has a name should be more powerful.

At this point I'm kinda convinced Blizzard is actually trying to kill WoW. If gear is pointless than why fight legendary monsters for it? Why fight at all? They already removed weapon drops, might as well remove all loot. I realize I'm being hyperbolic but honestly, it's kinda the path we're heading down. All crafting skills are borderline useless at this point, just fodder for more boring fetch quests that offer recipes I'll never use. Blizzard forgot what fun was.

Blizzard hope everyone stops playing wow so u guys starve to death. U deserve this

Quote Originally Posted by Mstermeg View Post
    If things just scale to your gear what's the point in gear at that point? The whole idea behind an RPG is the power fantasy, you start off as some lowly nobody and work your way up to being a hero with the equipment to match. If a rat is just as hard to kill to some noob wearing a burlap sack with a wooden sword as a seasoned hero wearing enchanted platemail with a mighty sword enchanted with magical fire than what's the point in gearing up? The guy who slew the dragon and reclaimed the weapon so powerful it has a name should be more powerful.

At this point I'm kinda convinced Blizzard is actually trying to kill WoW. If gear is pointless than why fight legendary monsters for it? Why fight at all? They already removed weapon drops, might as well remove all loot. I realize I'm being hyperbolic but honestly, it's kinda the path we're heading down. All crafting skills are borderline useless at this point, just fodder for more boring fetch quests that offer recipes I'll never use. Blizzard forgot what fun was.
    I don't think they're trying to kill the game, I think they're just trying way, way too hard to dictate what a player experiences in the game - "you can have this, but at our pre-determined rate, and only up to a level we think is good, and only how we tell you how to use it". They're even trying to engineer the experience a player has getting a reward - it's based on their expectations of how they think you should feel - which is even more ludicrous with their newfound love for RNG.

There's a lot of different terms you could use - over-engineered, on rails experiences, anal retentive...but what i do agree with is it just doesn't sound fun. Instead of "Hey, lets make a dungeon about centuars, and at the end, have a elemental goddess in a bikini! Yeah! That's awesome!", it's "We ran the spreadsheet and we found that player's happiness at a drop is 0.0234% less exciting if it's not random, we've been thinking a lot about that lately, so here's some more tweaks to our spreadsheets"

I mean, what's next, they'll move the mouse for you, to maximize your Blizzard™ Enjoyment Allotment™ correctly?

What gets me is how strongly people objected to repeated proposals for some sort of rolling cap on AP to prevent it being possible to grind away to infinity, vigorously defended the lottery playstyle of Titanforging and RNG Legiondaries, and are now turning around to defend a patch with some of the most obtrusive time gating in the game's history and which deliberately weakens the relative power of all that RNG gear they clamored for in the first place.

Simple solution: Increase loot (including quests) as well as enemy stats. Your gear gets more expensive to repair anyways.