10+ Year Old Account
    They're looking at outlawing the leap play on field goal attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I'm going to assume sucking will be one of their specials

Cowboys gave Jason Witten a 4 year extension. Guess he isn't retiring.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'm going to assume sucking will be one of their specials
    Only on Sundays.

New rules approved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Cowboys gave Jason Witten a 4 year extension. Guess he isn't retiring.
    Whitten is eternal. He does not age, he does not get worse. He shall play, always.

Also, he needs a damn ring

- - - Updated - - -

...rule 15...so does that make purposefully running OOB illegal now? Cause thats entirely meant to conserve time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Whitten is eternal. He does not age, he does not get worse. He shall play, always.

Also, he needs a damn ring

- - - Updated - - -

...rule 15...so does that make purposefully running OOB illegal now? Cause thats entirely meant to conserve time...
    No, what it does is prevent this:
    http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/1...nsive-holding/

And I believe it prevents defenders from "sitting" on an offensive player preventing the refs from placing the ball. All around a good rule change I've wanted for quite some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    14 is a good one too. No more just holding calls across the field to force the other team. No more Chip Kelly and Ravens shenanigans like last year.

Though not sure what the Unsportsman like penalty would actually do. I guess reset the clock and give 15 yard penalty?

This was the most satisfying game for me this past season, even more so than getting a revenge hail mary on the giants and knocking the cowboys out.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Saints supposedly will not give an offer sheet to Butler. Looks like (barring some last minute thing) that he may be forced to sign the tender and play here for a year. It's what I wanted, minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Saints supposedly will not give an offer sheet to Butler. Looks like (barring some last minute thing) that he may be forced to sign the tender and play here for a year. It's what I wanted, minimum.
    Must not have enough ass or mass for Payton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must not have enough ass or mass for Payton.

[IMG]https://puu.sh/v2pfE/ec765db693.png[IMG]
    Haha

There was no way the Saints were risking giving up the 11th pick for Butler. Everything depends on Butler now, he has a simple choice, either try to somehow, without having any leverage try to force a trade (probably by being obnoxious and ruiing his own market for when he maybe gets his wish) OR play along, sign his tag, wait for the Patriots to make a decision on if they feel the trade offers are worth it and if not just play out the year on his restricted tag.

I read today that for between 100 and 200k he can get an insurance that will pay 10 to 20 million tax free to him should he get hurt this year and ruin his chances for a good contract next year. That seems a pretty sweet deal where there's little to no downside to playing.

I hope Butler stays the year, but I'm fine if Belichick decides to trade him in the end and get draftpicks back. I wanted him to be our no. 1 corner for the rest of his career but with Gilmore in town that ship has sailed.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    His best business decision is to buy some insurance (200k won't hurt as much when you go from 600k ->3.91mil) and play out the year on the tender, regardless of what team he is on whether it's the pats or he is traded. Then you go out as an UFA and get your 3-4 years at 25-30+mil guaranteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the Patriots were one of the teams seriously inquiring about Sherman until they signed Gilmore... I still think its a non story. this is about the worst year that the Seahawks could consider moving a big time player like Sherman. Too many question marks on the secondary leading into next season. Without immediate cap issues I see it as silly to move him when one of your CBs is rehabbing a big injury and the other got paid and tanked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the Patriots were one of the teams seriously inquiring about Sherman until they signed Gilmore... I still think its a non story. this is about the worst year that the Seahawks could consider moving a big time player like Sherman. Too many question marks on the secondary leading into next season. Without immediate cap issues I see it as silly to move him when one of your CBs is rehabbing a big injury and the other got paid and tanked.
    If they did it would certainly lead to a shitstorm, prominently featuring the question "Was Sherman more trouble than he's worth to the Seahawks?" and I think in this case it would be a valid question.

But I doubt that's actually the case and I doubt the Seahawks seriously entertained the idea of trading him. Fielding offers to see how other teams value your players is just smart business, I doubt it went beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    CBs can decline rapidly, might be worth it to part with somebody too soon rather than too late. The rules changes have made the position so much more demanding in recent years.

- - - Updated - - -

Offer sheet was never gonna happen, not really news.

Michael Irvin is being investigated for sexual assault, again.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not touching that one with a 10 foot pole. We'll see what happens during the investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he gets axed from NFL network I can tolerate watching again.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/29...als-adam-jones

"if i'm overly tolerant, so be it."

My fucking god, really?

When Mike says that Adam did a stupid thing and that we've all done stupid things...he's missing or purposely avoiding the point. Adam has continued to do stupid things and has showed no real ability to control himself in a way that would prevent him from doing more stupid things in the future.

And, when Mike states that Adam embarrassing himself is punishment enough...he has completely enabled Adam's actions. Adam knows that he will not be held accountable in any real way by the owner or the head coach. So what incentive - from within the organization - does he have to stop doing stupid things? Not only has he has proven time and time again that 'embarrassment' certainly isn't a deterrent, but he also knows that he won't be held accountable by Brown and Lewis.

Take risks on players who have issues. I'll always advocate for that. But don't insist on keeping them when their productivity doesn't warrant the headache anymore.

William Jackson III and Darquez Dennard need the playing time anyway. You drafted both in round one!

Christ.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2017-03-29 at 11:27 PM.