Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    They finally did it, many have predicted it but its finally here, only Blizzard can break World of Warcraft, good job Blizzard, what is next Diablo? never mind you've already did that
    Oh, edgy. Is that why your icon is a sword? The game isn't broken. Just like every patch/exp, this change will drive some people away. It happens.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Current Content: Anything related to the Legion Expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why they need to do a massive item squish, bring things back down to TBC levels, and then don't inflate ilvls so much between tiers of content.
    Bold emphasis mine.

The ilvl inflation has been absolute bonkers since WotLK. It's part of why there needs to be less deviance between raid difficulties in terms of ilvl reward and/or reduction of raid difficulties (by 1, at least). Those are merely my opinions, though.

To scale all mobs to players based on ilvl...at face value, that defeats any purpose of getting more powerful gear. I'm thinking this may be something they end up rolling back perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    And they deserve so much more
    No they don't. Shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Oh, edgy. Is that why your icon is a sword? The game isn't broken. Just like every patch/exp, this change will drive some people away. It happens.
    WTF is your problem dude? you are now picking on my icon? are you a bot? damn it I knew it, no one in their clear mind would post their own personal picture as icon

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    They are probably just going to make it scale to your bag ilvl to counter than in the hotfix.

Thats what i am afraid of. grind out flying and never set my foot on the broken shore again seems they want to push the game to the point where you rather sit in town sniping the AH for glorious legplates being put up for 10g and resold for 250k

They are probably just going to make it scale to your bag ilvl to counter than in the hotfix.
    Yay, so now I'll have to drop the legendaries I'm not currently using in the bank to avoid mobs scaling up too much. What a fun, dynamic and totally necessary system.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    WTF is your problem dude? you are now picking on my icon? are you a bot? damn it I knew it, no one in their clear mind would post their own personal picture as icon
    I apologize for the..."personal attack on your icon". It's frustrating when people, like you, come into a post and post something that is redundant and oversimplifies an issue byt saying that Blizz has killed WoW when this is a game that has many other things going for and against it than this one specific issue.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

10+ Year Old Account
    well i was thinking about coming back but now...fuck no.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    If this is actually successful, I wonder how long it will take Blizzard to realize that it is FAR simpler to achieve the same effect by vastly decreasing the iLvl variance between modes (like a Normal mode raid giving 900 gear and Heroic giving 905... Or less). It achieves the same effect.
    The big flaw with that titanforged loot, when LFR routinely drops gear that's better than base mythic the the rage will flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I do not understand why so many are whining. You people literally wanted scaling. You wanted timewalking dungeons, some even want timewalking RAIDS!? You want old world Azeroth to scale???? You wanted zones to scale as you leveled up.

So please be quiet, you wanted it and got it.
    i didn't want it. ever.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Utterly demoralizing. What is the purpose of gearing if not to feel stronger out in the world and compared to when you just dinged?
    This.

Fucking retarded change. Whoever thought this was a good idea seriously needs to get fired. That person shouldn't be making any decisions in a MMO.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

i don't think its bad, but i can see why people are pissed.

a way to compensate would be to make the scaling optional, but give something in exchange, for example better loot.

players could get a buff that makes mobs scale to 2x their health but they drop 50% extra loot. specially interesting if you are playing with a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    You guys do realize enemies from newer content have more health and damage, right? Ever since Blizz started introducing new zones in patches? Why in the world does ilvl scaling affect you?
    static values are not the same as shifting values right?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't notice any difference tbh , mobs aren't that much harder to kill. I agree it's a stupid change but it can be exploited with taking off a trinket or ring.
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2017-03-29 at 05:15 PM.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I was tanking the world boss AND that elite rare WQ at the same time as a Havoc DH (880i) from 100% down to something like 75% before an army came... I hadn't even popped meta yet. Never mind the other dumb pulls in Suramar.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I do not understand why so many are whining. You people literally wanted scaling. You wanted timewalking dungeons, some even want timewalking RAIDS!? You want old world Azeroth to scale???? You wanted zones to scale as you leveled up.

So please be quiet, you wanted it and got it.
    There is a bigass difference between level scaling and item level scaling.

Currently sitting in Suramar for "Ephemeral Manastorm Projector" for half an hour, everyone in general afk and no groups going.

I may have been just able to do this last night, today, no ******* chance so thanks for the scaling blizzard, really top notch.

Edit
    Shadow Priest btw
    Last edited by mmoc101b07398d; 2017-03-29 at 05:20 PM.

Fully geared mob has 4.7M health. I took off a trinket. Mob has 3.1M health.

Looks like I'm just going to wq without my CoF(which I shouldn't have to begin with but hey whatever).

Blizzard: "You think we can't design a game with a damn!? Watch this!"

that would be a disaster as my bag ilvl is much higher than equipped esp if i swap specs.....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    This may have been discussed somewhere, but uhm .. so what exactly is the reasoning behind creating such a huge power gap between tier gaps, only to go through huge efforts and design an additional system to counter-balance everything else around you so you're less strong again?

Instead of making you stronger by 20% each tier, then scaling up everything else around you by 15% to counter that .. wouldn't it be a ton simpler to just make you stronger by 5% each tier and completely avoid having to use a world gear scaling system in return?!

I see next to no sense in that current logic.
    The only places where you'll now really benefit fully from gear upgrades is World PVP, and non-current raids.
    World PVP is a huge unbalanced mess at the moment anyway, and if anything, lower gaps between gear tiers would porbably only make it better.
    Non-current raids .. I haven't played in a while, but I suppose most people don't really run any non-current raids anymore the second a new raid drops, or? And even then, lowering the gaps between tier gears might not be such a huge issue, maybe even keep old raids at least somewhat borderline relevant for some time.