Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Few days ago main news was that on some farm in middle of Estonia chicken hut burned down, some baby chickens died. I'm sure many people cried, while eating fried chicken.

Nothing about starvation in Africa though.

Again, you do realize that birth control and small families were frown upon the Western world well until WW2 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, you do realize that birth control and small families were frown upon the Western world well until WW2 ?
    So what? Why are you constantly talking about what happens in the West, when this is not about the West? Instead of your constant deflection onto irrelevant nonsense, why not talk about the issue at hand?

So far you have waffled on about sex education in the US, some gibberish about the "usual suspects" that nobody knows who it refers to, and contraception in pre-1940s Britain and Canada.

Why are we projecting our western culture on their reality.

Its their culture, their choices and who are we to judge their practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So what? Why are you constantly talking about what happens in the West, when this is not about the West? Instead of your constant deflection onto irrelevant nonsense, why not talk about the issue at hand?

So far you have waffled on about sex education in the US, some gibberish about the "usual suspects" that nobody knows who it refers to, and contraception in pre-1940s Britain and Canada.
    It's very straightfowrd and not giberrish at all

In French Canada, it was encouraged to have big families until the 1960. Therefore, stupidly, I don't think that calling people in Africa ''breeder animals'' is useful. It's being decades late, not centuries late.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very straightfowrd and not giberrish at all

In French Canada, it was encouraged to have big families until the 1960. Therefore, stupidly, I don't think that calling people in Africa ''breeder animals'' is useful.
    Good for French Canada, I am glad they finally managed to stop all those famines by discovering birth control.

Once again, I wonder what is the correlation between edgdgelords being for forced sterilization and edgelords being against birth control in the USA.

That's presumably because their ''religion'' tells that filthy impure black or brown unborn babies, it's okay to kill them. And their mothers. And their fathers. It's not murder, kauze they are not whites.

After all, for the usual suspects, ''christianism'' is a code word for ''whites ultra conservatives''.
    Edgelord, talking about edgelords, while hysterically edgelording ad nauseam...

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't bring myself to care.

I have a feeling they have pretty much brought it upon themselves, with the culture that is making as many kids as possible to care for you when you go old.

I'm afraid sending money and/or food won't do anything but postpone and worsen the problem. Carry them through this situation, and their daily lives will continue like before, only to make the next crisis that much worse with even more people. I have no idea how to solve this.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very sad, but people will always be starving as long as they use children as a means of acquiring resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It is news in the UK, though the news is dominated by Brexit.

A lot of the commentary is about population growth and corruption in those regions, as people have become somewhat jaded with the "Africa is starving, give money" approach, which clearly has not worked for the last half a century.
    Giving money/resources obviously encourages people to have more kids. Africa is well over carrying capacity (at least at their current tech level) right now.

We destroyed their societies by ever offering aid in the first place. It was irresponsible in the extreme.

What to do now is more complicated. I'd argue that some sort of colonialism is the most sensible and humane way forward, but of course nobody would like that very much because it doesn't feel very nice.

Deleted
    Just think about it. By "helping" them constantly, families with 10 kids, we're making sure there's much more of them than they themselves can sustain.
    There will be point when we no longer can support them. YOU, people "helping" them now, will be responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of them in the future.

Was giving money to various aid foundations for about 20 years, but then there were a couple of documentaries, where TV2 (Danish channel) brought it to light, that almost all of the popular foundation, had bought up massive buildings in teh city of Copenhagen, Aarhus and Ålborg, instead of sending it to Africa etc.
    And the worst bloody part, was that about 10-12% of the amount donated goes to the country in question, the rest is spend on administration, salaries and dinners at popular restaurants for the boards of the foundations.

I donate money to that danish woman who has that "enclave" where she and others care for "Witch children" rough translation, but i dont know what they are actually called in english.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    Giving money/resources obviously encourages people to have more kids. Africa is well over carrying capacity (at least at their current tech level) right now.

We destroyed their societies by ever offering aid in the first place. It was irresponsible in the extreme.
    Aid works in Europe, when we have had natural disasters or whatever, aid is sent and the people get back on their feet. It does not work when the disasters are largely due to region being unable to support the amount of people there and happen relatively regularly.

We applied a solution that works for us onto a group with different circumstances, which just ends with a bigger crisis a few years down the line.

What to do now is more complicated. I'd argue that some sort of colonialism is the most sensible and humane way forward, but of course nobody would like that very much because it doesn't feel very nice.
    Count us out, we are still getting shit for last time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    Was giving money to various aid foundations for about 20 years, but then there were a couple of documentaries, where TV2 (Danish channel) brought it to light, that almost all of the popular foundation, had bought up massive buildings in teh city of Copenhagen, Aarhus and Ålborg, instead of sending it to Africa etc.
    And the worst bloody part, was that about 10-12% of the amount donated goes to the country in question, the rest is spend on administration, salaries and dinners at popular restaurants for the boards of the foundations.

I donate money to that danish woman who has that "enclave" where she and others care for "Witch children" rough translation, but i dont know what they are actually called in english.
    Why don't you help local Danish people instead? Find a poor person, help him/her.

If I had money to throw around and this weird moral dilemma, I would help locally. Think global, act local.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why don't you help local Danish people instead? Find a poor person, help him/her.

If I had money to throw around and this weird moral dilemma, I would help locally. Think global, act local.
    Maybe he does. Mind your business?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Maybe he does. Mind your business?
    None of your business. I asked him, not you.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

if their population increased so rapidly they're doing fine, nothing to see here.

Is this news in your country, and how big is the news?
    It's in the news, but only barely.

What are you personaly doing to help?
    My tax dollars go to "helping" disadvantages countries. I almost parenthesize helping because they do the same for the disadvantaged in my own country. If you help people for too long, they expect the help and stop trying to help themselves. It's a pretty shitty form of mental slavery if you ask me.

Do you care, or not?
    I couldn't care less.

What do you think are the causes that led to this crisis?
    On the surface, war and corruption come to mind. At its roots, it's people not caring enough to take care of themselves, and just sit there with flies on their face and their hand out for donations. I'll tell ya, if there was no food or clean water available where I live, I wouldn't live there very long.

How can we prevent crises like this in the future?
    This is sad to say, but if enough of them die of starvation, then starvation will no longer be a problem. You know why there aren't many hummingbirds in my neighborhood? It's because there aren't many flowers in my neighborhood.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Yeah, it's so much easier to say ''LULZ STOOPID BROWN PEOPLE THAT HAVE 10 CHILDREN'' instead of thinking that even DINKs would have problems-see, the issue in Yemen and Sudan is that there is war too...

Also, I know that the usual sites have brainwashed people into believing that people in Africa are robbing taxpayers of their taxes, but don't worry : most of it come back to the USA. Typically, the ''help'' provided to African countries is selling them jets that will be used used to bomb the opposition.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-03-29 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

I do ;-)

The homeless, have a paper, they sell for 20 kroners, and they get 14 of the kroner, I buy one everyday from the same guy who stand outside Menu (Super market) and I only take a paper, when there is a new one out.

I also donate to the foundation, who gives money to ppl who cant afford xmas presents and food for christmas, and the new foundation, that helps out ppl who cant afford their childrens confirmation (I dont know if thats what its called in english, but its like a second christening, when your about 14 years old)

I donate clothing to homeless ppl, though it usually gets stolen from the containers by assholes from the baltics / eastern Europa.

Also, the poor and homless wasnt a "problem" 7-8 years ago, it started becoming a problem, though, and various foundations, started collecting clothing, money etc for them.

I do quite ok at my job, getting something like 3,2k Euros after taxes, and I dont owe money on my appartment anymore, so handing out a couple hundread euros each month, isnt that much of a problem.

And I dont have kids and a GF/Wife, so thats money saved aswell xD