Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Warcraft Tales Cancelled

Bellular himself, the Creator of the project :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7h49s3NDI

i'm kind of sad, i was really hyped by this project...

10+ Year Old Account
    The project seriously sounded like it was going to be a huge amazing thing that blizzard literally could've done to improve questing, but Bellular's team beat them to the punch. Sad that the legal department totally killed it even though it had a massive community support and even the warcraft Devs seemed to support it as well. Hopefully with enough people supporting it maybe something can change on the legal end.

Deleted
    Crazy theorie ahead : And what if Blizzard told Bellular to tell us that the project was shut down, but instead recruited him and started working with him on the same project...but on the quests that would be revamped for the 8.0. They'de just want to prevent the add-on to be useful only one expansion and*would be*aiming waaaaay larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorti View Post
    Crazy theorie ahead : And what if Blizzard told Bellular to tell us that the project was shut down, but instead recruited him and started working with him on the same project...but on the quests that would be revamped for the 8.0. They'de just want to prevent the add-on to be useful only one expansion and*would be*aiming waaaaay larger.
    Meanwhile...in the real world...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Like hiring Ion Hazzikostas the guild leader of Elitist Jerks?

Deleted
    It sucks, i wanted to level up again in the old world with a fresh take on it.

But i hope blizzard takes this idea in mind and see that a feature like this can make the old world feel fresh again.

You cannot put in your bullshit story in someone else's book or movie. Why should be a game any different?

What's Warcraft Tales?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    What's Warcraft Tales?
    Mod that is enhances the level experience by having quests with voice actors instead of having to read a boring quest journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Mod that is enhances the level experience by having quests with voice actors instead of having to read a boring quest journal.
    Ah.
    /10char

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because that worked out well for that one private server Blizz shut down.

Guessing Blizz saw them totally ripping out and redoing the UI and leveling experience, and said "nope. This is treading into dangerous territory."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You cannot put in your bullshit story in someone else's book or movie. Why should be a game any different?
    Exactly this.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Honestly I can't believe he thought they would let him alter their game to such a massive level.

It's like buying a Subway sandwich and then reselling it in the store after adding pickles to it.

Deleted
    It was clearly going to fall in the "3rd party program" and/or banned addon from the very beginning. Don't know how they ever thought this would work.
    Blizzzard is notoriously touchy about creating addons that alter the gameworld/experience - this is why we don't have armor dyes or any other 'advanced' customization options. This is why addons that draw circles in boss rooms were killed. This was always going to end up being killed.

It's quite possible that "story packs" are something that Blizzad has been planning to sell - but they sure as hell wouldn't have let a 3rd-party addon to deliver that content.

I like the idea, but I'd like Blizzard to do this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    ...where Blizz keeps dumbing the game down, pointlessly removing and destroying flavor and details...

This is the most disgusting piece of news I've heard since pandaria was announced, and anything that comes close to that is saying something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Exactly this.
    Because it's not mandatory genius, just like purists who don't use mods to raid because they didn't have DBM in pre-BC.

People write FAN-FICTION for stories they love, should they be banned too?

Deleted
    Bellular himself, the Creator of the project :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7h49s3NDI

i'm kind of sad, i was really hyped by this project...
    Fuck Blizzard. Pieces of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What are you talking about? Do you even know what this was supposed to be?

I thought this would be a gray area where Blizzard would've given him the benefit of the doubt - guess not. I really don't see why this would be a big deal. It's not like this addon would affect the base game experience. And if you choose to use it, you know you are getting a 3rd party addon - nothing would be canon - it's simply just additional content for their playerbase.

Kinda shit they shut this down on him, I would've checked it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I thought this would be a gray area where Blizzard would've given him the benefit of the doubt - guess not. I really don't see why this would be a big deal. It's not like this addon would affect the base game experience. And if you choose to use it, you know you are getting a 3rd party addon - nothing would be canon - it's simply just additional content for their playerbase.

Kinda shit they shut this down on him, I would've checked it out.
    It's really unfortunate too, even for some of the devs.

I know a few of them really liked the idea and expressed support towards the project.

Legal team decided it was treading on dangerous waters though. Either way I absolutely would've tried it out, we need a breath of fresh air with 1-60 leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Nihilist View Post
    Fuck Blizzard. Pieces of shit.
    You do realize that this addon would most likely fuck with Blizzard's hold over the IP rights?