15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    In multiplayer highly recommend after getting a second strike team with your mission credit things to buy some armor, have yet to see any from the packs and the 10% shield + mlee dmg can be a lifesaver. Have no clue how good the thermal clip armor is.
    The Juggernaut shield is a must buy for any class that relies on melee, like Vanguards. It's +10% shields and +75% melee damage.
    The Thermal Clip Storage isn't bad for other classes. It provides +75% spare ammo.

My understanding is the the available equipment rotates weekly(?). The app shows a total of 6 diff types of equipment atm.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Because, quite frankly, most people won't like it.

I wrote a rather large essay on the subject once but I'll try to sum it up. There is a limit to the range of how far "outside the box" you can make something before people will either be completely unable to understand it and because they will struggle to understand it they will become angry and upset and thus not like your product.

It's why "aliens" are never really that alien, they're just exaggerated elements of human culture with a twist. Even AI, which the series routinely says "has completely different needs than organics" is shown to have highly human motivations. Even The Great Old Ones in much of Lovecraftian horror, for as alien and inhuman and incomprehensible as they are, have pretty human motivations for their actions.

Creating really alien aliens is a fun thought experiment, but typically comes across poorly in writing and other mediums.
    Ironically, the most ''alien'' species Bioware has ever created is probably the Qunari in Dragon Age, who really do have a society and system of beliefs that are incompatible with most human cultures. The most alien Mass Effect ever went is with the Rachni (basically nicer Zerg) and the Geth in ME2, before ME3 made them into boring ass Pinocchio bots that want to be human.

I do think the Angara should have been more alien in their beliefs. They really look and sound like they belong in the Milky Way, not another galaxy. The Remnant kinda fill the niche of more bizarre species, but for most of the game they're little more than killbots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    How do you figure? It is quite the popular game.
    people randomly visit the thread to post shit about it between the actual discussions. the pages are peppered with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Any builds or play styles where pistols are good or necessary? I stopped carrying one after about level 20 and never equipped one again. In ME3 I usually carried a pistol as a secondary weapon to keep the weight down, but weight isn't as much of an issue in MEA with augs/mods. By the last 1/3 of the game I was equipping shotgun, AR, and sniper rifle without any recharge penalty. A pistol just didn't seem worthwhile.
    I haven't seen a need. I have a Sniper Rifle, x2 Assault Rifles, and a Shotgun and still have weight at 100% Recharge. Unless you find a pistol better than your current weapons, I wouldn't worry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    The Juggernaut shield is a must buy for any class that relies on melee, like Vanguards. It's +10% shields and +75% melee damage.
    The Thermal Clip Storage isn't bad for other classes. It provides +75% spare ammo.

My understanding is the the available equipment rotates weekly(?). The app shows a total of 6 diff types of equipment atm.
    Wait...you can buy armor for your MP characters!?
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they update more classic armors for Andromeda, because the next-gen N7 armor looks freaking glorious. Massive HD screenshot incoming!

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

Wait...you can buy armor for your MP characters!?
    It's what goes in the Equipment slot in your loadout page. Go to the Store > Item Tab. They cost Mission Funds that you get for running the Strike Missions.

The best part is you only have to buy it once and you can use it on as many MP characters as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I really hope they update more classic armors for Andromeda, because the next-gen N7 armor looks freaking glorious. Massive HD screenshot incoming!

I played with that armor for quite a while, and it is glorious and a massive fanservice-boner for Mass Effect fans, but after I did a whole planet in it, I changed my mind, and will be seeking mats to craft a different set.

Ryder is not an N7. S/he hasn't earned the right to wear that armor. Not yet. Maybe in the sequel, but for now, wearing that armor, is like if your dad wins the medal of honor, dies, leaves it to you as part of your inheritance, and you decide to just wear it like a common jewelry. Its a disservice to the honor behind the badge.

So yeah, I'm shelving my N7 armor, much as I love it.

Speaking of which, not only do I wish this game had a container to store surplus loot (So I don't have to destroy weapon mods I adquire along the way) I also REALLY wish we had armor racks to display our different armor sets like trophies. I loved doing that in Skyrim, and in Fallout 4, and I wish I could do it here.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I played with that armor for quite a while, and it is glorious and a massive fanservice-boner for Mass Effect fans, but after I did a whole planet in it, I changed my mind, and will be seeking mats to craft a different set.

Ryder is not an N7. S/he hasn't earned the right to wear that armor. Not yet. Maybe in the sequel, but for now, wearing that armor, is like if your dad wins the medal of honor, dies, leaves it to you as part of your inheritance, and you decide to just wear it like a common jewelry. Its a disservice to the honor behind the badge.

Speaking of which, not only do I wish this game had a container to store surplus loot (So I don't have to destroy weapon mods I adquire along the way) I also REALLY wish we had armor racks to display our different armor sets like trophies. I loved doing that in Skyrim, and in Fallout 4, and I wish I could do it here.
    As much as I initially thought 'meh its a game who gives a f***' when making my N7 armor... the truth is, I actually did think about the prestige of the N7 rank when I used it. Probably because of how much I love Shepard and the lore of the first 3 games, I guess.

Oh and when that NPC (August Bradley, I believe) grilled me about it... yeah, I might have ran over to the nearby forward station and changed my armor. XD

Edit: I totally agree with you about displaying armor. Some of the sets look so cool, even early ones that are quickly replaced.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-03-29 at 06:24 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted

Talk with Bradley with the N7 armor on. The game is self aware.

So um.. does Suvi not have any more dialogues after you exhaust the initial one? I haven't had her talk much at all, compared to Kallo, which at least had his constant spiel with Gil? Or did I just piss her off because I said that I don't believe in the invisible boogey man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    How do you figure? It is quite the popular game.
    Well these are the things we know (we will never know if it is a true "flop" because EA is never going to reveal digital sales data ever):
    - It had a weaker launch than both ME2 and ME3... Not a good sign when a sequel has a weaker launch than both previous entries in the series.
    - Especially considering their last game, Inquisition, was their best launch in Bioware history (according to EA).
    - It barely outsold (in physical copies) Ghost Recon Wildlands, a game that has been out several weeks, during its launch week.
    - Critics shit on it, which is especially true in today's "every score less than 80 is a garbage game" video game review climate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Well these are the things we know (we will never know if it is a true "flop" because EA is never going to reveal digital sales data ever):
    - It had a weaker launch than both ME2 and ME3... Not a good sign when a sequel has a weaker launch than both previous entries in the series.
    - Especially considering their last game, Inquisition, was their best launch in Bioware history (according to EA).
    - It barely outsold (in physical copies) Ghost Recon Wildlands, a game that has been out several weeks, during its launch week.
    - Critics shit on it, which is especially true in today's "every score less than 80 is a garbage game" video game review climate.
    Meh, personally I don't care about any of that - especially reviews. The only review that matters to me is mine - and I love the game. Yeah, it falls a bit short of true greatness - I'll not argue that. But it gets a lot of important stuff right.

And physical sales isn't as reliable a metric these days as it used to be. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but I know... 25-ish people who bought the game on day 1, and every single one of them was a digital copy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    In multiplayer highly recommend after getting a second strike team with your mission credit things to buy some armor, have yet to see any from the packs and the 10% shield + mlee dmg can be a lifesaver. Have no clue how good the thermal clip armor is.
    Those items are never found in the loot boxes. They are only bought from the store and are only available for a limited time before new items appear. They will eventually be rotated back in. It worked the same way in ME3.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I initially thought 'meh its a game who gives a f***' when making my N7 armor... the truth is, I actually did think about the prestige of the N7 rank when I used it. Probably because of how much I love Shepard and the lore of the first 3 games, I guess.

Oh and when that NPC (August Bradley, I believe) grilled me about it... yeah, I might have ran over to the nearby forward station and changed my armor. XD

Edit: I totally agree with you about displaying armor. Some of the sets look so cool, even early ones that are quickly replaced.
    I feel like Ryder has done everything but given an official N7 designation as a Pathfinder. Going up against ancient aliens, fighting advanced civilizations, terraforming entire planets in inhospitable conditions, etc.

Ryder has the power say who and when, if ever, people come out of cyro.

What else does Ryder need to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So um.. does Suvi not have any more dialogues after you exhaust the initial one? I haven't had her talk much at all, compared to Kallo, which at least had his constant spiel with Gil? Or did I just piss her off because I said that I don't believe in the invisible boogey man?
    As in after you first meet her and go through her entire dialogue menu? Yes, she has more dialogue.

- - - Updated - - -

EA is a publicly traded company that releases finacial information every quarter. The information to determine whether ME:A flopped or not will in their report.
    Considering how huge ME2 and ME3 were, a weaker launch isn't saying much. Physical sales are down, espcially for games that allow preloads. How many people had early access to ME:A? How many people bought it digitally to preload it? I haven't bought a physical copy of a day 1 buy in years because if I'm buying day 1 I want to play on day 1. Can't do that wait for stores to open or for a package to be delivered at midnight.

The only critics I've seen shit on this game are the ones trying to look cool and trendy.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

i'm on a certain ice planet and i can say it is annoying as hell that SAM has to keep reminding me every time it becomes too cold or not too cold OVER AND OVER

[QUOTE=Mirishka;45170336]I really hope they update more classic armors for Andromeda, because the next-gen N7 armor looks freaking glorious. Massive HD screenshot incoming!

<snip>

Frostbite is fucking awesome. Really love the way dirt/snow etc. sticks to the armor. Loved the effects in DA:I as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i'm on a certain ice planet and i can say it is annoying as hell that SAM has to keep reminding me every time it becomes too cold or not too cold OVER AND OVER
    Wait until you are on a certain desert planet. Where it does that every time you enter/leave a shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I agree, this needs like... a 2 minute cooldown or something.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Ifeanychukwu;45171838]

<snip>

Frostbite is fucking awesome. Really love the way dirt/snow etc. sticks to the armor. Loved the effects in DA:I as well.
    As did I. Inquisition was a gorgeous game back in 2014 and it has aged very well.

Well these are the things we know (we will never know if it is a true "flop" because EA is never going to reveal digital sales data ever)
    False. They do quarterly reports where they say how well their products did. Someone else mentioned this below.

So Andromeda wasn't as good as ME2. So fucking what?

Return of the Jedi had a lower critical reception than Empire Strikes Back. It also had a lower box office performance. Does this mean Return of the Jedi is a shitty movie? fuck no, it just means Empire Strikes Back was the magnum opus of the original SW trilogy, and its hard to top that up. Just because it had a lower box office performance doesn't mean in any way whatsoever that the movie flopped, or it was a failure, or it was garbage. It was a good movie, that couldn't quite match its predecessor. Same deal with Andromeda. Despite having a weaker launch than ME2, its still the number 1 game sold in the UK at the moment (The only metric available)

And we will know eventually if the same holds true for Andromeda.

Physical copies are barely valid as a metric these days, because in a day and age where physical copies are just empty boxes with a code on it, FAR more people purchase digitally to pre-load the game. Its the way of the future man.

Bad syntax is bad.

"Critics" shit on it implies EVERYONE is doing it. That's not the case. Opinions on Andromeda have been divided, with some critics bashing the game (several of them unfairly so) and just as many praising it, and giving it lavish praise (While also pointing out the glaring flaws in the game).

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Physical copies are barely valid as a metric these days, because in a day and age where physical copies are just empty boxes with a code on it, FAR more people purchase digitally to pre-load the game. Its the way of the future man.
    Ok then wouldn't Ghost Recon physical sales be equally bad?

I simply pointed out physical sales there because those are the only ones tracked by consumer data firms.

EDIT: Responding to other stuff too...

False. They do quarterly reports where they say how well their products did. Someone else mentioned this below.
    False, their quarterly reports are the same as Blizzard's, vague, ambiguous as to the performance of individual titles, etc. They discuss the performance of the company and revenue in general. Here is the quarterly report from the quarter Dragon Age: Inquisition launched... Can you tell me how many sales it had? How much money it made? The game is only mentioned twice in the entire report.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail...leaseID=910982

So Andromeda wasn't as good as ME2. So fucking what?

Return of the Jedi had a lower critical reception than Empire Strikes Back. It also had a lower box office performance. Does this mean Return of the Jedi is a shitty movie? fuck no, it just means Empire Strikes Back was the magnum opus of the original SW trilogy, and its hard to top that up. Just because it had a lower box office performance doesn't mean in any way whatsoever that the movie flopped, or it was a failure, or it was garbage. It was a good movie, that couldn't quite match its predecessor. Same deal with Andromeda. Despite having a weaker launch than ME2, its still the number 1 game sold in the UK at the moment (The only metric available)
    For starters I didn't even comment on the quality of Andromeda (I think its garbage by the way)... What does MEA being worse than ME2 have to do with this? I mentioned launch sales there, friend. Not whether the game was good or bad.

Bad syntax is bad.

"Critics" shit on it implies EVERYONE is doing it. That's not the case. Opinions on Andromeda have been divided, with some critics bashing the game (several of them unfairly so) and just as many praising it, and giving it lavish praise (While also pointing out the glaring flaws in the game).
    I mean the game's average is like 75... Which means at least half of professional reviewers scored at or below that much... That's how averages work.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-03-29 at 08:16 PM.