Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I was like "Wtf is this" but after taking off a trinket i kill things just as fast as before, so fuck you Blizz, you dickless cunts

I told you the patch would be shit.

I hardly notice the change, if the forums weren't raging about it, I probably wouldn't have even realized it changed. They did a decent job making it feel "organic". It's a little jagged in the original Broken Isles zones, but nothing major.

Not sure what the issue is. You still get stronger as you gear up, just not at the same pace. It's not as if they've nullified character progression, just smoothed the curve and slowed the progression. It'd be no different than if they reduced the stats on gear from 850+ to provide less of a bonus.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I hardly notice the change, if the forums weren't raging about it, I probably wouldn't have even realized it changed. They did a decent job making it feel "organic". It's a little jagged in the original Broken Isles zones, but nothing major.

Not sure what the issue is. You still get stronger as you gear up, just not at the same pace. It's not as if they've nullified character progression, just smoothed the curve and slowed the progression. It'd be no different than if they reduced the stats on gear from 850+ to provide less of a bonus.
    There is no issue.

It's just an over hyped minor issue because of the bug from a very vocal minority. I didn't notice it either from playing last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    There is no issue.

It's just an over hyped minor issue because of the bug from a very vocal minority. I didn't notice it either from playing last night.
    6 characters through Broken shore now, still not noticing it that much, someone mentioned elites are dangerous... good... elites should be dangerous >.>

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I told you the patch would be shit.
    Looks like you were wrong.

There is no issue.

Yeah that's what I noticed as well.
    – C.S. Lewis

It'd be no different than if they reduced the stats on gear from 850+ to provide less of a bonus.
    Then why didnt they to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Then why didnt they to this?
    People would be raging just as hard, if not harder.
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    This.

Fucking retarded change. Whoever thought this was a good idea seriously needs to get fired. That person shouldn't be making any decisions in a MMO.
    Pretty sure it was a collective development team decision, aka the team all agreed that was the best thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    6 characters through Broken shore now, still not noticing it that much, someone mentioned elites are dangerous... good... elites should be dangerous >.>
    This. Mobs especially ones in current patch areas are supposed to be tougher.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it was a collective development team decision, aka the team all agreed that was the best thing to do.
    Yes, and not some game director advocating it.

Blizzard is entirely democratic, you know?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

This. Mobs especially ones in current patch areas are supposed to be tougher.
    To quote your avatar: "you're fired!" to that team.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

There is no issue.

Exactly. I agree with you @Jaylock

Just people getting worked up over nothing as per usual. I especially loved those screaming "I'M GONNA UNSUB WAAAAAAAAAAH". They really won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    There is a bigass difference between level scaling and item level scaling.

Currently sitting in Suramar for "Ephemeral Manastorm Projector" for half an hour, everyone in general afk and no groups going.

I may have been just able to do this last night, today, no ******* chance so thanks for the scaling blizzard, really top notch.

Edit
    Shadow Priest btw
    You shouldn't be able to solo a group quest in current expansion content anyway.

This just in: Unnecesarry complaining now scales with lack of understanding basic math.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    "Weeeeeeee. Just got my BIS legendary from a scaled up elwyn forest squirrel!" ^^
    That can already happen though.... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    Cant compare Dark Souls and WoW one is a solo experience based around skillful yet simple combat where you can dodge 100% of the damage, the other is a multiplayer (bragging rights and such) where damage is mostly unavoidable and combat relies on executing a sequence perfectly

I get what youre going for but you really cant compare
    It wasn't meant to be a direct comparison of game mechanics, but themes. Difficulty and challenge are not directly tied to multiplayer or singleplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    I agree that it should be toggle-able but the way they stealthily implemented it, and how broken it is right now, is ridiculous.

Also Dark Souls and WoW are different games. You can't really up and dodge mechanics in WoW like in Dark Souls.
    Don't stand in the fire? I know it's not a direct comparison, but there are similarities. The point being that there are some parts of RPGs that can be made challenging. Mythic raiding, for one. High-end M+ for another. Giving players a choice to play in an open world that's more challenging, which also gives more rewards, is a GOOD thing!

But I agree that the way Blizzard is trying to implement it is, as usual, quite stupid. They did the same thing with flying: Just did it without really caring or asking what anyone thought. And if blew up in their face(WoD). I am almost always in favor of giving players the option of how to pay the game, and the way they're doing it now isn't that. I just think that the company that can come up with 4 different settings for raiding, Mythic+, and also Diablo 3 with SEVENTEEN different difficulty settings, and unlimited scaling over 100 difficulties with Greater Rifts, should be able to figure out a way to make this work without throwing the middle finger at the playerbase.

You shouldn't be able to solo a group quest in current expansion content anyway.
    If you outgear it...you certainly should.

If the WQ are not giving you increased rewards for it (i.e. gear you can still use) the it should be easier and not scale.
    If they made the mobs drop gear you could still use, by all means increase the scaling.

Exactly lol. Why should you be able to Jay?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Titanforging is part of the problem. You should not be able to run LFR and titanforge a ring that is equal to mythic. Or grow ten trees and titanforge something. What did they think was going to happen when they allowed everyone to outgear content as fast as they did?

- - - Updated - - -

This just in trash expansion is trash. Hows that 7.2 "content" working out though!
    Yet here you are , on a wow based website, bitching and moaning, all the while staying subbed and logging in daily. How is that working out for ya?

Try it with a healer. Or a squish.