Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mobs That Give Relevent Rewards Should NEVER be Trivial.

Can someone explain to me why mobs should remain trivial to people the same ilvl they were trivial at the start of the expansion? With all the commotion about ilvl scaling with 7.2. Why should mobs that were easy to kill in ilvl 840 gear continue to be just as trivial with ilvl 840 in 7.2? Shouldn't they be bumped up to fit the new world quest ilvl? Once you have 860 gear from world quests THEN they should be trivial. But as long as they offer gear upgrades, they shouldnt. What do you think? If you disagree let me know why.

that's exactly how it works now, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    On PVP servers that have faction balance (and not one faction 99% dominated) killing mobs and questing is not only about mobs itself, but also about defending your self from many enemy players who is trying to kill you while you killing some elite mob.

Deleted
    This depends entirely on your playstyle.

Someone who plays games just for pastime probably disagrees.

Someone who plays games for the competition propbably agrees.

Now think about whom World of Warcraft is being made for.

Love the new scaling. 2 shotting 110 mobs was getting more ridiculous than leveling with heirlooms. Love me some actual gameplay.

Flying is coming soon, so the no. of players complaning about it will decreasr substantially.

I think a challenge is fine, but it has to make sense. "Oh, these now have more health and hit harder because you put on a different shirt" doesn't exactly make sense.

Likewise, the gear world quests drop aren't really relevant. The challenge is there when you're a fresh 110, but not once you've done the quests and got the gear. At that point, you SHOULD be more powerful and feel it.

If they add in new gear or a new zone of quests, yes that area should be more difficult, but not everything like they're doing. When you've done the same dailies and you're really not getting much in the way of reward from them, it's not a challenge, it's a drawn out, grind experience. No gold, order hall resources, or AP aren't "relevant rewards" either, they're the same things we've been getting since launch.

So sure, if the world quests are now granting 880+ gear, then sure, it makes sense, but if they're dropping the same old same old, it makes absolutely no sense other than "We did this because harder".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    This depends entirely on your playstyle.

Someone who plays games just for pastime probably disagrees.

Someone who plays games for the competition propbably agrees.

Now think about whom World of Warcraft is being made for.
    Sadly for everyone. The big downfall of WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozusteapot View Post
    Love the new scaling. 2 shotting 110 mobs was getting more ridiculous than leveling with heirlooms. Love me some actual gameplay.

Flying is coming soon, so the no. of players complaning about it will decreasr substantially.
    No it wasn't? Been this way since WOTLK if not TBC and beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Can someone explain to me why mobs should remain trivial to people the same ilvl they were trivial at the start of the expansion? With all the commotion about ilvl scaling with 7.2. Why should mobs that were easy to kill in ilvl 840 gear continue to be just as trivial with ilvl 840 in 7.2? Shouldn't they be bumped up to fit the new world quest ilvl? Once you have 860 gear from world quests THEN they should be trivial. But as long as they offer gear upgrades, they shouldnt. What do you think? If you disagree let me know why.
    ever try to do wq as a healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No it wasn't? Been this way since WOTLK if not TBC and beyond.
    It targets on everyone from the start. Blizzards big skill is to take niche genres and make them mainstream. That is their core business.

While things shouldn't die from a glance, this current change really sucks for healers. Blizzard often finds ways to randomly punish the people that do the jobs many don't want to.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

We already have such a thing as elite world quests where the mobs are tougher and the rewards are better. That's fair.

But making all content more tedious isn't. Nor is devaluing the very rewards you're pursuing. It's more idiotic design from Ion and friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    It targets on everyone from the start. Blizzards big skill is to take niche genres and make them mainstream. That is their core business.
    What has that to do with this though?

Yes, the content should scale at a flat rate, not at the rate the player progresses. The former requires players to progress, the latter makes player progression redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Looks up from cracking nuts and squashing squirrels* Oh really?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    What has that to do with this though?
    Because i had the impression you talked about a "downfall", which means you believe the target group changed thruout WoWs development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because i had the impression you talked about a "downfall", which means you believe the target group changed thruout WoWs development.
    It kinda did though. Look up past interviews and new interviews. Alot of things changed over time.

Because its stupid that you got 200% stronger but the mobs you figth are still as hard as they ever was, it feels like shit, Im getting stronger but it makes no difference whatsoever. Also when the system has breakpoints that if you lower your glevel it gets easier for you, its just a broken system.

Deleted
    It kinda did though. Look up past interviews and new interviews. Alot of things changed over time.
    A lot of things changed, correct. The idea to create a mainstream MMORPG existed from start, tho.

I can say I really love having to actively tank now when I pull big packs,but then again I can totally understand how some classes are getting fucked in the ass by the change,so I'm kinda split,hard to find a good compromise

Then again it's true that the current system is completely broken,cheesable,and just unfair at certain ilvl points
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2017-03-29 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of things changed, correct. The idea to create a mainstream MMORPG existed from start, tho.
    Being a mainstream doesn't mean it's good for the game itself though.