Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    No need to be immature about it as stated above ...opinion
    You can have opinions, yes. But, you can also disagree with them aswell.

And, in cases like these. I disagree with your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Thirty minutes of new content is not acceptable.
    Thirty minutes? really? One of the following has to be true:
    1. You actually did all the new content in 30 minutes. I call BS if that's the case.
    2. You think you did it, but you missed a lot of stuff. Go read the patch notes if that's the case.
    3. You knew what all the new stuff was but only did the stuff you care about which only took 30 minutes. If that's the case, you should probably unsub since the game in general does not interest you at all any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    What do you know about stats? About taking appropriate samples that won't skew your data? Would you say the best way to do that is to make a sign-up sheet and let people decide whether they want to go out of their way to make an account and then say something?

Every Stats textbook tells you that's how you skew data, not how you get an accurate poll. What you're trying to say is the exact opposite of what is considered accurate statistics. Meanwhile you're acting extremely high and mighty and getting mad at the fact that it is in fact you who cannot understand how basic statistics work.

All your polls and feedback are meaningless because of the way in which they were collected - relatively few people who chose on their own to give feedback went out of their way to give it, and it was overtly negative.

Here's some basics for you:
    http://www.pewresearch.org/methodolo...arch/sampling/
    http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/...9.2017.1300588
    I never made the assertion that they were accurate. Any moron should be able concede that feedback in general tends to overtly negative.

That really isn't the point.

The implications of referring to an entire group of people providing feedback as the "vocal minority" and then implying they can simply be ignored is the issue.

Because there are likewise plenty of people who can and are unsatisfied that don't participate in forums and don't provide feedback.

Positive feedback (even if 90% of players enjoyed the game) is difficult to come by.

My question remains how then are you (Blizzard) measuring player satisfaction? Seeing as the only survey I have personally ever filled out is when I change my subscription status/payment method. Even that is likely only to produce and overwhelming amount of negative feedback.

My guess is that they simply don't care or measure player satisfaction.

The "vocal minority" comments are a convenient out. I disagree with you, so I am going to say something on the surface level makes sense. But unless you (Blizzard) can prove that fact, it isn't necessarily true... just because it comes from the lips (or fingertips) of a Blue Poster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    You can have opinions, yes. But, you can also disagree with them aswell.

And, in cases like these. I disagree with your opinion...
    That's fair enough but out of curiosity how much time did you spend on the said Isles daily? And how much time have you spent on Broken Shore today? If you think it's better please explain how so? Maybe I could take a few pointers and see if it improves my game play some how, Maybe I'm missing something? Genuine question btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I never made the assertion that they were accurate. Any moron should be able concede that feedback in general tends to overtly negative.

That really isn't the point.

The implications of referring to an entire group of people providing feedback as the "vocal minority" and then implying they can simply be ignored is the issue.

Because there are likewise plenty of people who can and are unsatisfied that don't participate in forums and don't provide feedback.

Positive feedback (even if 90% of players enjoyed the game) is difficult to come by.

My question remains how then are you (Blizzard) measuring player satisfaction? Seeing as the only survey I have personally ever filled out is when I change my subscription status/payment method. Even that is likely only to produce and overwhelming amount of negative feedback.

My guess is that they simply don't care or measure player satisfaction.

The "vocal minority" comments are a convenient out. I disagree with you, so I am going to say something on the surface level makes sense. But unless you (Blizzard) can prove that fact, it isn't necessarily true... just because it comes from the lips (or fingertips) of a Blue Poster.
    Assuming that the forums are known to not give accurate feedback when it comes to the playerbase as a whole then it's fairly obvious they shouldn't be used as the basis for any assumptions about what the playerbase as a whole wants.

You may consider it a convenient out, but the truth is that the thousands of people posting on the forums make up somewhere between 1-2% of WoW players. Couple that small number with the fact that people have to want to use the forums to give feedback there, and that people who are happy are predisposed to not give feedback since they don't want change, and the result is, in essence, a vocal minority of griping players.

Sure, Blizz probably needs to actually get feedback from their players in a manner that reflects some modicum of accuracy. But right now they don't do that, so the feedback that we do see is useless in the big picture. That leaves us back where we started, with "vocal minority" being the best way to describe forum-users. No matter whether the feedback was positive or negative, it would still be coming from a vocal minority.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    That's fair enough but out of curiosity how much time did you spend on the said Isles daily? And how much time have you spent on Broken Shore today? If you think it's better please explain how so? Maybe I could take a few pointers and see if it improves my game play some how, Maybe I'm missing something? Genuine question btw.
    I've spent over 7 hours today. You?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    No interest in pet stuff or farming one mob for hours and hours for pointless nethershards. Broken shore achievements and champions are not doable right now, so that's a lie. "Farming bloods and work on alts more" is just old content.Sorry but you're full of shit. I did literally everything I possibly could yesterday except one pet battle WQ. Today there were a grand total of two new WQs on Broken Shore that took less than ten minutes. EVERYTHING else I could do except farm the new dungeon for no reason is old content.
    You can work on elite mobs on the broken shore which show up on the world map as a Skull. You can work towards some of the achievements for the Broken shore. Just because you have no interest in something doesn't stop it from being new content and content that is more then 30 mins if you do it. Of course when you start excluding stuff it will fit a time limit you set forth.

Funny then how I have a world boss(Apocron showed up on the map while in my instance but isn't anymore when I finished the instance), and more then two world quests and I did everything but the pet battle one?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2017-03-29 at 08:42 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Announce Patch date as 28/3.
    Class campaign gated.
    Flying gated.
    PvP brawls not in.
    Legion invasions not in.

??
    Every single last bit of this we all knew BEFORE 7.2 went live. This is straight up trolling. Where was your outrage the day before the patch went live? Shut the fuck up already.

- - - Updated - - -

Also it appears that level 110 mobs now scale according to your item level.

Fascinating! If you get better gear, don´t worry - content will still be just as hard at 900 item level as it was when you just dinged!
    This is what happens when flybabies spam the ever living hell out of the forums over lack of flight and their claims that they should be able to fly over trivial mobs. You reap what you sow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Every single last bit of this we all knew BEFORE 7.2 went live. This is straight up trolling. Shut the fuck up already.
    Apologies, you gotta give me five minutes to get up. Because I just rolled on the floor laughing at you.
    Such gating is unforeseen. Even WoD selfie cam patch had more content on patch day. Now we are stuck waiting for world quests to appear and/or grind AP at 26 AK or that stupid boring ship.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think invasions do not start for another week.

So now somebody elses turn to help me: Wasn't there supposed to be an AP refund and new traits? I am at AK 25, 36 traits...no quest? Also delayed?
    Yes invasions start next week. As for your question, you need to follow the story out there. Specifically you will get a quest from Khadgar to find something. To do that just kill random mobs until it drops (around 5-15 minutes). This will send you to the council of six in Dalaran who will make you do a quest which will unlock for that one spec. You have to do a different quest line for each of your specs.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Inb4: Power scaling at max level is the best change they ever made.
    Once the bugs are worked out it is potentially a good change. You don't have to be throwing temper tantrums over something in order to be critical of it.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the point of gearing now? It used to be about feeling stronger.
    Maybe if you ignore 99% of the game.

I am noticing more and more the people crying about this have no business playing a mmo in the first place and Blizzard certainly doesn't need to cater to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should I want to get better gear now if it has no impact on my performance in world content?
    I wonder if I check your post history if I will find you whining about mobs being trivial and how the open world has no challenge.

Deleted
    I wonder if I check your post history if I will find you whining about mobs being trivial and how the open world has no challenge.
    No.

Don´t assume too much =)

??

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    From the patch notes.......

Class campaigns! Not available yet(as far as I know, no one is doing them).
    Demon Assaults! Not available yet.
    Flying! Gated behind achievement that takes weeks.
    PvP brawls! Not available yet, coming next Tuesday.

More than HALF of the content this patch is supposed to have isn't even available.
    you people bitched and whined and moaned for 6 fucking months of Legion that there is too much to do. Seriously just shut up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Because it was in the patch notes? 7.2 is live, isn't it? This is ridiculous, and next time Blizzard needs to disclose to us what is actually available on patch day.
    They don't need to do a fucking thing. It is THEIR game not yours and they don't need to justify anything they do.

you people bitched and whined and moaned for 6 fucking months of Legion that there is too much to do. Seriously just shut up.
    Not to single you out but I see this statement constantly as a reply to various things. You need to realize the people who are posting about too much to do and the people who are posting about to little to do ARE. NOT. THE. SAME. PEOPLE. Therefore, your statement is stupid so maybe you should just shut up?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Financial quarter ends in March.

Most content is not yet available, much more issues present in the live patch than we are used to, it almost feels like the patch was rushed to come out in March just to please shareholders with Q1 report.

Also it might have been intentional to leave out the ilvl scaling at 110 from official patch notes because had it been documented thousands of players would not have resubbed.

I can sense a scheme here.
    Blizzard never goes into that much detail about any of their games at the shareholder meetings. Quite honestly the shareholders don't give a fuck beyond the actual financials. The hows/whys of where that money comes from is for ATVI to worry about.

Let's put it this way: the expansion wouldn't be on sale if it was doing well.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Why was this change not in the official patch notes then, despite getting huge backlash since the 7.2 PTR began? They surely must have known it would affect many players more than many other documented changes ever would...
    What the actual fuck does this have to do with shareholders? Do you think they are pouring over the latest patch notes at every meeting?

They. Do. Not. Give. A. Fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't all this people who always finds negative things in the games they play, build one to please them at 100% and stop buying or subbing for games they find: boring, repetitive, short, etc, etc, etc.

Are they masochists????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiaranqilue View Post
    Why don't all this people who always finds negative things in the games they play, build one to please them at 100% and stop buying or subbing for games they find: boring, repetitive, short, etc, etc, etc.

Are they masochists????
    Love and hate go hand in hand. Not just in relationships.

Deleted
    I think op is exaggerating a lot.

But I must say Im dissapointed in how quick I ran out of quests today:
    -broken shore intro scenario (took me like 10 minutes)
    -broken shore first quests and ak unlock quest (another 10)
    -dungeon (took me 30 minutes on mythic with my group)
    -artifact trait unlock quest chains (I only have MM and BM at 35 traits, so I only had 2 quest chains, but I kinda liked these quests, probably the best of the patch so far. But pretty short too)
    - then I spent about an hour doing wq in broken shore, killing rare elites (only 1 every half an hour is kinda dumb) and farming underneath the sentinax.
    - then I did my emissaries and other launch content stuff

So yea, not a lot tbh.
    What did I miss?

Edit: what bugs me the most is that I didnt find any sidequestchains in the broken shore, in Suramar we had a lot more quests at launch not speaking of all the quests that unlocked upon reaching honored/revered + the insurgence campaign in 7.1.

So for me Suramar>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broken shore in terms of first impressions.

Edit2: but then again, the buildings are technically not gated behind time, and they will add more content (mage tower adds the solo challenge)
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2017-03-29 at 09:15 PM.