10+ Year Old Account

Hidden 7.2 Feature: Player Headtracking

Something that caught me by surprise after logging on yesterday was discovering that player characters now have headtracking - meaning, they look directly at the NPC/mob/pet/etc that they're targeting. I've always loved headtracking in games, and feel like it adds life to characters as opposed to blankly staring ahead all the time.

So color me silly, but I'm pretty damn excited for this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    They look onto the nose, and not in the eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Yeah, the HT isn't perfect, but its a start. And an improvement over relentlessly staring into nothing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I must admit, it caught me off guard as well. I looked at my character and thought his helm was on wonky, then when I changed the camera angle, I noticed he was looking at his target.
    A small feature, nonetheless. But appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Wouldn't that be really difficult to code, seeing as how different models have different points where the eyes appear to be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Wouldn't that be really difficult to code, seeing as how different models have different points where the eyes appear to be?
    It surely is. They just look onto the target point of the model.

Also works for Druid forms! I noticed this while waiting for Prophet Velen's RP and I was a deer.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Also works for Druid forms! I noticed this while waiting for Prophet Velen's RP and I was a deer.
    Yep! Was pretty neat to see a bearform druid watching my gnome's every move.

Whaaaaat??? that's awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty baller. Between this, the transmog sets page, and finally fixing weapon sizes, it's a good time to be a roleplayer.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!