Thread: Sacrifice 7.2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    'We were very close, more so than Furion ever discovered,' she continued: 'I lay with him. I gave Illidan chance after chance to redeem himself, and despite his love for me...' She hesitated, Jaina noticed tyrande's thick nails gripped the windowsill as she spoke. 'Despite his love, despite my returning it, again and again, behind the back and will of Shan'do. Despite this, he still forsook me, forsook us, our people.' She turned, her eyes a burning totality. 'People do not change, Shandris, she snarled, 'Garrosh is no different. We leave this trial with his head, or we leave in utter defeat, we leave with his head, or we leave to the detest and ruin of the thousands of our people hewn and quartered, raised upon his spikes, slaughtered by his Horde's hand, we leave with his head or we answer to them, do you understand?

I just had to
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...36861518090241

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Illidan/page4

dunno could you provide the page?

Fair enough, I'll proceed with my humilitiaon for not reading further lol

That even tops Sylvanas , if she goes on about the forsaken, Malfurion with his nature and cenarius nonsense, even Tyrande's occasional fit and Liadrins THE LIGHT EMBRACE IT. Though not quite on Aggra level.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by combatbulter View Post
    though not quite on aggra level.
    sacri'fice! Sacri'fice!

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    The first comment nails it. A ten thousand year old virgin really does know the meaning of sacrifice.
    I think it was implied he did stuff with Tyrande back in the day before she ultimately decided for Malfurion.

holy shit blizz its not like its you who made illidan basically an end boss in tbc (with kj being an off shot) and crafted the whole plot to make us hate him, ruining him by the way, and now you keep pushing this 'fck the mortals they did bad' propaganda like stfu already you are contradicting yourself with this shitty writing

/endrant

He refers to us for defeating him at the Black Temple as an act of ignorance, but doesn't Illidan know that the entire Burning Crusade expansion was a trick by Kil'jaeden to use the overzealous adventurers of Azeroth to defeat Illidan/Kael/Vash'j after they had failed to defeat Arthas? We did Kil'jaeden's dirty work for him and he didn't have to lift a finger. He even managed to deceive A'dal and the Sha'tar. If not for Kil'jaeden manipulating us, Illidan certainly would have destroyed Argus shortly after.

Why is Illidan so whiny?

Guys, guys I got an idea about a new story twist for the next expansion, after seeing this trailer: Arthas was good all along! He wanted 25 powerful death knights to defeat the Old Gods and the Legion. How dare we to kill him, when all he wanted was to create a powerful undead army to fight against the true evil? SUCH IGNORANCE! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT ARTHAS HAS SACRIFICED?! The love of his life, his country, his captains. He gave everything! WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN?!

And Uther and Tirion were fools to stand in his way. They have doomed their savior! SUCH IGNORANCE AGAIN! HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ARTHAS MENETHIL, LORD OF LIGHT SAVIOR OF THE GALAXY!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its actually what makes demon hunters into just massive douchebags and just laughable. Every time I hear one demon hunter npc bitch about "I've sacrificed everything to stop the legion, what have you given?" I feel like slapping them and telling them to fuck off back to their hot topic while i list off deathwing, arthas, two old gods, the thunder king, time travel. Its even more ironic when it happened on my deathknight, because i'm certain my character would be saying wtf..
    hmm i dont know man, been infused with fel energy for the rest of your life just to kill the legion is pretty big sacrifice. Once the legion is gone everyone will turn on the demon hunters to kill them, lol ironic isn't it. You can say the undead made even bigger sacrifice but they didnt chose this life, you can say that you fought all those bosses to save azeroth but you know your future, you know that when all evil is gone you will live in peace, they wont. The only other bigger than the dhs are the shadow priests, because void lords duh. So yeah illidan and the dhs sacrificed their future so that the rest can have one, here to hoping that if he turns to the light he will be as cool as when he was fel infused

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    hmm i dont know man, been infused with fel energy for the rest of your life just to kill the legion is pretty big sacrifice. Once the legion is gone everyone will turn on the demon hunters to kill them, lol ironic isn't it. You can say the undead made even bigger sacrifice but they didnt chose this life, you can say that you fought all those bosses to save azeroth but you know your future, you know that when all evil is gone you will live in peace, they wont. The only other bigger than the dhs are the shadow priests, because void lords duh. So yeah illidan and the dhs sacrificed their future so that the rest can have one, here to hoping that if he turns to the light he will be as cool as when he was fel infused
    lol no. Illidan didn't gouge his eyes and him consuming Gul'Dan's skull was not an act of sacrifice either. You know something like Varian who went in for certain death to give his friends a chance to free. That's sacrifice.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-03-29 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol no. Illidan didn't gouge his eyes and him consuming Gul'Dan's skull was not an act of sacrifice either. You know something like Varian who went in for certain death to give his friends a chance to free. That's sacrifice.
    well i think illidan did sacrifice his future, you dont like it then to bad. Also completely forgotten about varian, that was also a sacrifice, sylvanas also sacrificed herself when she was alive, you can say that Velen made some sacrifice with his people as well. the list goes on if you wanna take it that way, but illidan's was bigger since he did it for all creation even if that wasnt his intention. i just hope when this is over they wont turn against him, i dont like what maiev said at the broken shore about him and the illidari makes me wonder what she will do when this is done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why is Illidan so whiny?
    Because he never got to pork it with Tyrande. He's probably even more pissed thinking how tyrande and malfurion have been a couple of thousends of years, but never had any kids, meaning his bros firing blanks, and wonders why she still wants to do it with him.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    If it was not for Arthas, Azeroth would have already fallen... We never got his PoV from WotLK either, so are we ignorant in the fact that he just wanted 25 really powerful DK's to fight the Legion/Old Gods or is it because the cruel things he and Illidan both did, showed they were both evil?

There's too many inconsistencies with what happened in Outland and what they claim was really going on. And that's also ignoring the fact that Illidan didn't even know he had Old God minions working for him.

but I main a DemonHunter and from that PoV, yeah the Alliance and Horde fucked up, but it didn't help that "our" leader came off as a homicidal maniac. Also, who did you pick in the beginning, Altruis or Kayn?
    Kayn, because a whiny idealist who prefers the moral highground and getting your entire planet cleaved in half by Sargeras over being an antihero who enslaves poor pitiful Broken Draenei would make me vomit. That's the part of the Alliance and current lore in general that I can't stand, people who prefer to do nothing and complain and point an accusing finger at those actually willing to get their hands dirty to do what was necessary.

Still, that said, Illidan could have tried a little communication with A'dal, the Horde (especially through the Blood Elves) and the Alliance (not through the Night Elves, who'd be too busy riding their high horse and looking down on Illidan to listen).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah, Tyrande always preferred Malfurion. I guess bitch is a furry.
    I wonder if they ever do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Because he never got to pork it with Tyrande. He's probably even more pissed thinking how tyrande and malfurion have been a couple of thousends of years, but never had any kids, meaning his bros firing blanks, and wonders why she still wants to do it with him.
    It's hard to think of another character as whiny as Illidan. Anduin's bad, but not nearly that bad.

Exactly most of the people bashing Illidan, did not read the book. The whole dance with fel was meant to destroy Sargeras. The ruined his plans, and condemned so many to die.

Quote Originally Posted by psyscope View Post
    Exactly most of the people bashing Illidan, did not read the book. The whole dance with fel was meant to destroy Sargeras. The ruined his plans, and condemned so many to die.
    He's a whiny, spoiled, annoying brat. He's like a 13 year old in an emo phase. Just needs to STFU already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Transforming yourself into a half-demon creature is to some degree a sacrifice. Granted, Illidan was probably glad to have its power regardless of the consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by psyscope View Post
    Or... get this, or we're the people who knew his character long before this new retcon happened, that was also accompanied by a book.

I liked Illidan, I liked his whole "fuck the whole lot of you, im gonna get powerful" attitude. Now it's, he was focusing on beating the bad guys the entire time and even the Naaru weren't aware of this, bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Kayn, because a whiny idealist who prefers the moral highground and getting your entire planet cleaved in half by Sargeras over being an antihero who enslaves poor pitiful Broken Draenei would make me vomit. That's the part of the Alliance and current lore in general that I can't stand, people who prefer to do nothing and complain and point an accusing finger at those actually willing to get their hands dirty to do what was necessary.

Still, that said, Illidan could have tried a little communication with A'dal, the Horde (especially through the Blood Elves) and the Alliance (not through the Night Elves, who'd be too busy riding their high horse and looking down on Illidan to listen).
    Exactly, I can't imagine anyone playing a Demon Hunter who knows what Altruis did, and still would pick him. And to top it off, right after getting freed, Kayn is willing to work with the Wardens, while Altruis is pissed that he got locked up too.

The problem with this new lore that illidan wasn't really a bad guy, is the dialogue and what we know of at the time. The Naaru even led the assault on his black temple. His forces attacked Shattrath, enslaved the broken, allied with demons, enslaved dragons and was harnessing the souls of the Black Temple. And to top it off, when we first meet the guy, he doesnt say "You fools are ruining everything" he basically bad guy monologues and we kill him. His downfall, his lack of communication played huge part.