Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Machismo is suggesting that they should get permits to live here even though they lied.

i get that...and I disagree with him somewhat...although some of those people are probably only lying because they are desperate. Lying is obviously not the best course...but desperate people aren't always the most rational.

What I don't get is why you yourself have a problem with the system. It appears to be working.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    i get that...and I disagree with him somewhat...although some of those people are probably only lying because they are desperate. Lying is obviously not the best course...but desperate people aren't always the most rational.

What I don't get is why you yourself have a problem with the system. It appears to be working.
    If they were so desperate chances are they are in a situation bad enough they wouldn't need to lie about. Accepting lying on Government applications because "muh feels" isn't good thing.

Once they start realising lying won't be accepted due to people being rejected, they will likely start actually putting in legitimate applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I Googled it and it says Danes are people with the Danish nationality.
    That doesn't make them danes. It makes them citizens of denmark.

We have a varity of people living here, turks, inuits, arabs, vietnamese, thais, jews, chinese, pakistanis, iranians, somalis, ehtiopians, suadanese, kurds, indians, chileans, bosniaks, albanians and bangladeshis and so on.

They are not danes. They might be citizens but they are not danes.

And anyone, no matter how black or Muslim they are, can get the Danish nationality which makes them as Danish as you are.
    Nope. Denmark is a nation state and I am born a dane. Foreigners are not born danes, they are foreign. Not part of the danish people.
    Last edited by Daneman; 2017-03-29 at 10:09 PM.

They can be, they can even be more Dane than you.
    You're not even a real Dane, you're just being dense. Which is different than being Dane.
    I'm proudly Chinese. Nevermind that I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese, I'm of no Asian ancestry of any kind, do not practice any of the Chinese customs (and indeed, show contempt for many of them) and have only briefly spent time in China. But I have this piece of paper that says I'm Chinese, so it must be true. Especially because a Dutchman says so.

Don't ask the Chinese themselves though, because that might be inconvenient for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I'm proudly Chinese. Nevermind that I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese, I'm of no Asian ancestry of any kind, do not practice any of the Chinese customs (and indeed, show contempt for many of them) and have only briefly spent time in China. But I have this piece of paper that says I'm Chinese, so it must be true. Especially because a Dutchman says so.

Don't ask the Chinese themselves though, because that might be inconvenient for you.

If you ride the subway in Japan you're Japanese according to some people.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ride the subway in Japan you're Japanese according to some people.
    That's because some people are idiots who refuse to acknowledge ethnicity.

Danish citizens, which makes them Danes.
    Nope.

Foreigners are indeed foreign.
    And they become Danes the moment they get Danish nationality.
    Nope. You don't switch ethnicity by obtaining citizenship.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, you're Chinese!
    Nope, he's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Danish citizens, which makes them Danes.
    The internet agrees with me and shoots down your xenophobia.
    Wikipedia states other criteria are involved:

"Today, the main criterion for being considered a Dane is having Danish citizenship. However, other criteria include people with a Danish ancestral or ethnic identity; people living outside Denmark such as emigrants; and descendants of emigrants or members of the Danish ethnic minority in Southern Schleswig, Germany can be considered Danes under a wider definition taking into consideration cultural self-identification."

That poster is clearly talking about ethnicity, so their statement is acceptable in English.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they lied and were caught... sounds like the system is working then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cool, you're Chinese!
    Is he of han descent? No? Then he's not and will never be considered to be chinese by most of them.
    Ooh look, Goebbels joins the conversation too!
    No arguments I take it? Resorting to personal attacks is weak.

Cool, you're Chinese!
    Wow, it's that easy? In that case let me throw away this napkin and get another one, but this time write "Iroquois Confederacy" on it instead. They're still a thing, right? Call me Chief Lifting Brother.

A country is not a free market. Getting to live in Denmark as a foreigner is a privilege, not a right and certainly shouldn't be a reward for lying.
    That's a shame, it would be a whole lot better it it were a free market. It's too bad people seem so opposed to freedom these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm not giving you an opinion. I'm telling you not one iota of fucks in this universe is given if you think someone is xenophobic. It changes nothing and this world will keep on spinning just fine.
    You seem to care enough to respond, which disproves your statement. You clearly care enough to say something. Interesting...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They support freedom for those accepted into Denmark, only a complete and utter retard would support unlimited freedom for entry into a country which has infrastructure that requires paying for.
    That's not really freedom at all, that's sovereignty. That's the restriction of personal freedoms in order to have state authority. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's a shame, it would be a whole lot better it it were a free market. It's too bad people seem so opposed to freedom these days.
    No, free market = oppression by big corp.

Machismo is suggesting that they should get permits to live here even though they lied.
    I'm suggesting your entire reasoning is based off of xenophobia. Your posting history backs up that claim, as does the clear double standard you wish to push. That's fine, hopefully you will be able to admit it to yourself in the future.

I'm suggesting your entire reasoning is based off of xenophobia. Your posting history backs up that claim, as does the clear double standard you wish to push. That's fine, hopefully you will be able to admit it to yourself in the future.
    There are no double standards. Danes are our problem, non-danes are not and should not be.

No, free market = oppression by big corp.
    No, no it does not. You are thinking of corporatism, where corporations use the government to push their own agenda. A free market is not oppression, that's like saying freedom of speech is oppression.

No, no it does not. You are thinking of corporatism, where corporations use the government to push their own agenda. A free market is not oppression, that's like saying freedom of speech is oppression.
    Yeah, it does. No, I am not thinking of corporatism.

There are no double standards. Danes are our problem, non-danes are not and should not be.
    Then it is as I have said from the start, your issue is with foreigners, making you a xenophobe. Thanks for agreeing with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it does.
    Free markets... not oppression. Maybe you don't know what the word "free" means.

Then it is as I have said from the start, your issue is with foreigners, making you a xenophobe. Thanks for agreeing with me.
    Nope, the issue with foreigners not contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That poster is clearly talking about ethnicity, so their statement is acceptable in English.
    But also remaining ignorant to the fact that the topic is about immigration, in which case the denotation of the word becomes about NATIONALITY not ethnicity.