Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks like balance changes are live. The bug fix is still in the works. Also based on blue post this system was in place since January on the PTR.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...=151#post-3017
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thanks for the feedback on this issue. It’s clear that we need to make some changes here, so here are our current plans:

We’re removing the increase to damage dealt by creatures in the world. Our overall goal with this change is to keep the amount of time it takes to kill a creature from getting ridiculously short, and increasing the damage they deal is unnecessary for that goal. Instead, this was making you feel like they were becoming more dangerous, which was not our intent.
    We’re significantly reducing the rate at which creature health scales with your item level. Again, all we’re trying to do here is prevent cases where monsters die too quickly for players to react to their presence, particularly around World Quests. Our initial tuning was far more aggressive than it needed to be, which could make it feel like your upgrades weren't actually helping. This change will make it very clear that you are still becoming noticeably stronger than your enemies as your gear improves.
    Those two changes are already live, and you should be seeing them in-game now.
    Later today, we’ll be correcting a separate issue that’s causing unequipping an item to drastically alter the power of enemies you’re facing. The above changes make it so that’s never the right thing to do anyway, but this is still a strange/buggy interaction that needs to be fixed.

It should also be noted that this change was on the Patch 7.2 PTR (and has been since January). We didn’t communicate anything about it initially because we wanted to get testers’ raw and honest feedback about it when they encountered it themselves, rather than attempting to pre-empt or otherwise influence their opinions ahead of time. When that feedback never came, we assumed that meant it was an acceptable change – i.e., those who hadn’t noticed it weren’t bothered by it, and those who had noticed it thought it was fine. Clearly that was a false assumption, and we should have drawn attention to it later in the PTR cycle, so that we could have caught these issues before Patch 7.2 went live.

Quote Originally Posted by squirecam View Post
    Try it with a healer. Or a squish.
    I am a healer. I was too powerful as a healer imo, rivaling the time to kill of my balance/feral specs.

Tanks are a bit too weak, I wasn't able to pull as much as before.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Well good to hear it is not linear. Have not dropped in while a number of posts are stating otherwise.

Do you feel the gap is not enough or feel there should be no scaling at all?
    IMO, the open-world scaling should aim to help poorly geared characters, not penalize well-geared ones.

Mobs should scale from itemlvl 780 to 830.

So what if heroic+ raiders kill non-elite world quest mobs in a couple GCDs? They should. That's great!
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-03-29 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The big flaw with that titanforged loot, when LFR routinely drops gear that's better than base mythic the the rage will flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    They won't do this not because of raiders, but because it would undermine the intent of the Titanforging system which much like the lottery is designed to conspicuously and rarely award a huge prize for doing next to nothing. If there isn't a huge ilvl disparity then you can't use huge ilvl jackpots as a retention mechanism.

Titanforged stuff could just be scaled for the new method... instead of jumping by 5 or 15, it would now jump by 1 or 3 or whatever numbers works out in the math. It would be the same basic formula it is now, but condensed to fit the same ratio.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-03-29 at 09:54 PM.

Just their excuse to keep people grinding longer

Ion Holokostas has destroyed this game so badly I'm considering the idea that maybe WoD was a good expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Ion Holokostas has destroyed this game so badly I'm considering the idea that maybe WoD was a good expansion.
    Why even make silly statements like this?

Thanks for the feedback on this issue. It’s clear that we need to make some changes here, so here are our current plans:

We’re removing the increase to damage dealt by creatures in the world. Our overall goal with this change is to keep the amount of time it takes to kill a creature from getting ridiculously short, and increasing the damage they deal is unnecessary for that goal. Instead, this was making you feel like they were becoming more dangerous, which was not our intent.
    We’re significantly reducing the rate at which creature health scales with your item level. Again, all we’re trying to do here is prevent cases where monsters die too quickly for players to react to their presence, particularly around World Quests. Our initial tuning was far more aggressive than it needed to be, which could make it feel like your upgrades weren't actually helping. This change will make it very clear that you are still becoming noticeably stronger than your enemies as your gear improves.
    Later today, we’ll be correcting a separate issue that’s causing unequipping an item to drastically alter the power of enemies you’re facing. The above changes make it so that’s never the right thing to do anyway, but this is still a strange/buggy interaction that needs to be fixed.

It should also be noted that this change was on the Patch 7.2 PTR (and has been since January). We didn’t communicate anything about it initially because we wanted to get testers’ raw and honest feedback about it when they encountered it themselves, rather than attempting to pre-empt or otherwise influence their opinions ahead of time. When that feedback never came, we assumed that meant it was an acceptable change – i.e., those who hadn’t noticed it weren’t bothered by it, and those who had noticed it thought it was fine. Clearly that was a false assumption, and we should have drawn attention to it later in the PTR cycle, so that we could have caught these issues before Patch 7.2 went live.

So by removing the extra damage, the only real end result here is to slow people down... which kind of seems to be a theme these days.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I am a healer. I was too powerful as a healer imo, rivaling the time to kill of my balance/feral specs.

Tanks are a bit too weak, I wasn't able to pull as much as before.

Might be related to balance and feral bein trash atm

Holy crap official forum is on fire now with regard to this issue, go take a look!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Looks like balance changes are live. The bug fix is still in the works. Also based on blue post this system was in place since January on the PTR.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...=151#post-3017

So are they going to sort out Suramar City then, all that health with all those densely packed mobs I was barely surviving on my priest before this BS patch.

Also isn't it mainly raiders that go to the PTR and I doubt they do much world stuff.

At the moment I am just afking the intro scenario on my toons to get up to AK26 and start research then just sticking to order hall stuff.

More backpedaling, lies and bullshit hand waving from them today, as expected.

The H² managed to ruin world pvp, instanced pvp and now world pve. Raiders and Dungeon Crawlers Beware!
    Purge H²: The Horrible Dev Duo from Blizzard and make WoW Great Again!

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me so happy that I main a Holy priest.

T_T

What a stupid fucking update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post
    More backpedaling, lies and bullshit hand waving from them today, as expected.

The H² managed to ruin world pvp, instanced pvp and now world pve. Raiders and Dungeon Crawlers Beware!
    Ruin world pve because of a slight health/damage increase? god some people can overreact. Do you review what you write before clicking "post"? I mean, writing has the benefit of creating a distance between an event and your comment about it, compared to the speech where it is all live.

I agree that that scaling idea was bad, but saying it ruined world pvp is ludicrous.
    Last edited by Baine; 2017-03-29 at 10:25 PM.

Considering the recent 2 posts by Blizzard on the subject, I like the changes now that we have the explanations..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Considering the recent 2 posts by Blizzard on the subject, I like the changes now that we have the explanations..
    Indeed. From what they said, it is obvious that a problem occured during the testing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Ruin world pve because of a slight health/damage increase? god some people can overreact. Do you review what you write before clicking "post"? I mean, writing has the benefit of creating a distance between an event and your comment about it, compared to the speech where it is all live.

I agree that that scaling idea was bad, but saying it ruined world pvp is ludicrous.
    Do you? Which one are you talking about, because you can't keep it straight in your own post.

World pvp? I weep for you if you don't know how utterly broken that is now. Ironically the instanced scaling might actually be pretty useful there even though they helped dropped participation in legion to the joke that it is. Total unbalanced trash was the main killer of instanced pvp though. CRZ has helped to make almost all non-instanced content far less enjoyable as well, another big fat irony as supposedly it is to help make open content more "alive".

World pve? Yeah doing a 180 on 12 years of gameplay that has twice that behind it in general RPG design, having no point of getting upgrades: qualifies for ruin pretty well.

Lying about it in September, hiding it in March and not even implementing it correctly? (remove ring: 20% hp/dmg reduction LOL) Not the only one that logged out and said f-that.

These jokers have been infesting their "vision" and "design" for 2 expansions now, no more excuses: time to go.
    Last edited by Aluminum; 2017-03-29 at 11:37 PM.
    Purge H²: The Horrible Dev Duo from Blizzard and make WoW Great Again!

I believe their explanation, but it is really tough to forgive the complete lack of communication about this change on PTR immediately after they promised to improve communication. Nobody tested it due to the very low PTR population.

When I first went to the Broken Shore yesterday I immediately noticed that, man, these non-elite world mobs had a metric crapton of health. That was immediately obvious. I figured it was new content intended for geared players. Makes sense, right?

What wasn't obvious was that it scaled with my itemlvl. That's not something you tend to figure out on your own. They should have told us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I believe their explanation, but it is really tough to forgive the complete lack of communication about this change on PTR immediately after they promised to improve communication. Nobody tested it due to the very low PTR population.

When I first went to the Broken Shore yesterday I immediately noticed that, man, these non-elite world mobs had a metric crapton of health. That was immediately obvious. I figured it was new content intended for geared players. Makes sense, right?

What wasn't obvious was that it scaled with my itemlvl. That's not something you tend to figure out on your own. They should have told us.
    90mil boss on part 5 of opening scenario is fun on a solo scenario......... not.
    Last edited by mmoc101b07398d; 2017-03-30 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "Git gud"? What are you, like five?
    Skill is not the problem.
    Skill is clearly the problem, if you could pull 20 things before, and completely destroy them, you can pull 20 things now, you just have to be smart about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    90mil boss on part 5 of opening scenario is fun on a solo scenario......... not.
    You realise you have a whole army of people there to help you right? It's meant to be a group effort?