Poll: What is the worst major patch of WoW?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    How is this possibly fun? Mindlessly AoEing for nethershards is fun to you?
    How is that different fom garrison invasion? They were also mindless AoE bombing for most of the time.

The only thing I miss with Sentinax is a rep grind. 10 rep per small portal, 25 rep per big portal, 50 per elite portal, and I would be completely happy. Yes, a stupid mindless grind is something I enjoy from time to time, it allows me to sit in voice chat, make fun, laugh, do shit tons of Dps and generally have a good time and also get something in return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Ah yes, Sentinax.

1) Go to farm mobs.
    2) Get "crystal" - spawn portal.
    3) Suddenly, out of nowhere, alliance DK comes using death and decay tagging all the mobs to themselves before you have any chance to tag them, giving you nothing from "your portal".
    4) Repeat
    Just tag them yourself. You do not need to do it alone. Get 5 ppl into a group, and you should have more then enough instants to tag everything constantly.

You know just how lackluster someone's credibility is when they hail 6.1. 6.1 and some other patch before it, can't remember which one, had OBJECTIVELY the least amount of content to their name. 7.2 is one of the biggest patches ever launched.

Just another case of "I need to find ways to discredit the game now that I see it doing well!!!". 7.2 has me busy as hell.

Edit; HAHA, I also see that the OP put 5.3 in as only having contained "scenarios"... Seriously? Being blind to content objectively in place to support an agenda must be the saddest thing I've seen in a while on these forums. Although, if you enjoyed yourself more during WoD than Legion, it tells what sort of player you are... in which case, MMORPG's are not for you.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-29 at 11:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saying 7.2 is the worst when it's not even fully unlocked is just you complaining for the sake of it.

like holy shit waiting 1-2 weeks for things to do is such a huge deal

People didn't even know the patch was dropping until last week and if they had released it all in one go 5 weeks from now how would it be any different?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    6.1 was the worst major patch in any MMO ever.
    I see you've missed quite a few Swtor and RIFT patches then. Not tosay 6.1 was good, since it was objectively horrible. But I have (unfortunately) seen worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for literally anything other than 7.2, because I'm not blind and/or retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    How is that different fom garrison invasion? They were also mindless AoE bombing for most of the time.

The only thing I miss with Sentinax is a rep grind. 10 rep per small portal, 25 rep per big portal, 50 per elite portal, and I would be completely happy. Yes, a stupid mindless grind is something I enjoy from time to time, it allows me to sit in voice chat, make fun, laugh, do shit tons of Dps and generally have a good time and also get something in return.
    You said it yourself. Invasions actually gave you something. Portals give nothing except nethershards at an absurdly low rate. So you're basically sitting there killing mobs for no reason. If that is fun for you in voice chat with your pals well more power to you but for me it's certainly not. If the portals gave rep that'd be a whole different story.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    like holy shit waiting 1-2 weeks for things to do is such a huge deal
    Except your 1-2 weeks is actually 11 weeks to finish the quest line.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    24/03/17 - Thread "What are you excited about most of all for 7.2?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Saving myself money by playing something better.
    Already gone. Poof...
    Week later:

Couldn't figure that shit out. Spent an hour opening portals and killing mobs and ended up with 8 nethershards.
    You are very funny person.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    which is 1 part of a huge patch? OH THE HUMANITY!!

So many things.....

-Where are all the damn elite mobs? Why can i run up the ToS portal w/o dying? Need to up the density by at least 50% and the health damage by 25% across the board.
    -Why no new Broken Shore World Bosses?
    -Why aren't the Highmountain clans, Nightborne and Farondis there? Not in force cause were moving away from those stories, but some reps/advisors in the tents.
    -Dont do M or M+, but CoEN H is waaay undertuned. Im looking for like HMgT or HHoR like difficulty. 3 tiers of difficulty (release ones, Kara/Nightborne, and now Cath)
    -Why no named famous bosses, what happened to all the Infernal World killers mobs from 2 days ago.
    -Why cant we have our bodyguards at the main encampment. Akama and Illidan aint got shit to talk about? Khadgar has no time for Modera or Millhouse?
    -Boon of the Six, or whatever the weapon empowerment is called....funny only count 5, wheres Vargoth?
    -Hyped as Isle of QD/Timeless/Tanaan, nothing like them at all. Hell I have a harder time fighting in Felsoul Hold or the first 10 or quests in Azuna
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

The only issue I see is the fact that they gated the invasions behind waiting a week. The Broken Shore doesn't really have all that much to do on it. The WQs are limited and come back too slow really. Sentinax isn't fun when people from opposite factions come up and tag all your shit that you opened... It would be pretty fun otherwise though with a huuuuge raid group. The rare mobs aren't that great either. Feels kinda meh but the hype would have been real if all of the things opened at once. Seems really weird to gate it all.

Oh no, long-term progress in an MMORPG, however shall we cope??

Deleted
    How can seriously defend the time gated shit which released today? It left you basically with nothing to do after 1-2 hours.

Deleted
    Just tag them yourself. You do not need to do it alone. Get 5 ppl into a group, and you should have more then enough instants to tag everything constantly.
    "Just tag them yourself" is really stupid argument because not every class has instant aoe ability that can tick (if lucky) instantly when mobs spawn.

Point being, I shouldnt have to compete for mobs in broken shore. At least in WQs you know people are spread all over island. In BS the island is small to begin with and the ship stays in one place, making the area evern smaller

Lorewise Legionfall armies is meant to be "alliance, horde and everyone else working together".
    Gameplaywise, its ridicilous to extend grind just because some rogue comes and spams FoK over portals and runs to next one, getting more rep than people who spawn those portals ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Plus whole "group to fix issues" is kinda..yeah you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    which is 1 part of a huge patch? OH THE HUMANITY!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Oh no, long-term progress in an MMORPG, however shall we cope??

What huge patch? I did everything there is to do for week 1 in about 4 hours. Now there is nothing left for me to do. Let me rephrase, I did not do the pet battle stuff because I don't like pet battles but I have done everything else. So what is this huge patch you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    For me 7.2 is the worst. I sincerely had more stuff to do in 6.1 (selfie cam patch) garrison campaigns than in 7.2. And yes, week 1 matters.
    Even being personally disappointed with Broken Shore specifically (not ALL of the patch 7.2),

I don't think anything gets even close to the shit-level of selfie patch 6.1.

People who developed and approved it for Release should be cleaning toilets for the rest of their careers.

Patch 7.2 is shining masterpiece (even with all the gating) compared to 6.1

Not even fucking close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    24/03/17 - Thread "What are you excited about most of all for 7.2?!
    Week later:
    You are very funny person.
    He's wildly inconsistent. Best to just let him be
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Thats far more fun then invasions ever were. Just get 5 people so you can chain-spam portals and AoE everything down.
    The world PvP was what made them fun. If you dont play on a PvP server of some sort, you missed out on some memorable times.

What huge patch? I did everything there is to do for week 1 in about 4 hours. Now there is nothing left for me to do. Let me rephrase, I did not do the pet battle stuff because I don't like pet battles but I have done everything else. So what is this huge patch you speak of?
    It's a huge patch no matter how much interest you have in the content it's bringing.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615241966

Basically, people are acting like sulking little children because of "time gating" when in reality, they probably aren't the kind of people that would no-life anyway. "I lost all hype over this patch because there's a time gate!!"... Ok? Then you lost all hype. Considering just how ignorant people seem to be about patches in general, I'd say most people will see it as more content coming as weeks pass.

I no-life atm, and I'm plenty busy. And no, not with pet battles.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-29 at 11:31 PM.

the fact people can compare this to the selfie cam, or even say 7.2 is worse, is proof mmo-c is full of fucking (insert something that will get me infracted)