Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, I realize this has become the hip position to hold, but it's pretty hard to be philosophically consistent about it and not also support infanticide as a mother's choice.

Less insane positions recognize competing rights of mother and fetus/infant rather than trying to draw a bright line of totally-no-more-value-than-poop and totally-a-person.
    This is interesting. What rights do you grant the fetus? Does it have rights to property or free speech? Does it have a right to a trial by a jury of its peers? Im being a tad bit fasetious obviously but the concept of fetal rights is in my estimation absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, I realize this has become the hip position to hold, but it's pretty hard to be philosophically consistent about it and not also support infanticide as a mother's choice.
    Care to draw the dots? I'm not seeing them.
    Not to be confrontational, but it seems to me consistency in this area can generally be attained throuh semantic disputes (what is a person), or moral relativism (is there anything inherently wrong with it?).

Deleted
    Maybe the harlots will think twice before opening their legs to the first passing truck driver if there was some consequence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Maybe the harlots will think twice before opening their legs to the first passing truck driver if there was some consequence.
    See I know this is incendiary and intentionally off the cuff callousness. But seriously get off that train. This thread doesn't need it.

And to think any woman 'opening her legs to truck drivers' has the means and money for an abortion legally without financial ruin as a consequence to begin with is quite the joke. The mean average for one over the entire US seems to be $1000-1500.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell is getting an abortion, freedom from consequences?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Excuse me sir, but this is a modern peace-loving society we're living in. Freedom from consequence is a right!
    I don't think you two, know what consequence means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itychy View Post
    See I know this is incendiary and intentionally off the cuff callousness. But seriously get off that train. This thread doesn't need it.

And to think any woman 'opening her legs to truck drivers' has the means and money for an abortion legally without financial ruin as a consequence to begin with is quite the joke. The mean average for one over the entire US seems to be $1000-1500.
    You have to understand, this is an argument that an abortion is a grave consequence, while also arguing there is no consequence.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

non sequitur of the day goes to!

Good. I previous years I would say that if they want a country where religion comes before human rights, they should move to some 3rd world country... But alas...

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    Which god? There are so many these days...
    These days? There's been thousands of them throughout mankind's history. Religion = the not-so-scientifically-advanced human's way of explaining shit like lightning, thunder, death etc etc probably since we first started speaking and telling stories. I even believe many stories of prophets have come and gone several times between different religions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    non sequitur of the day goes to!
    So you suppose that statement was for or against abortion? You seem to need a little help.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How the hell is getting an abortion, freedom from consequences?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you two, know what consequence means.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to understand, this is an argument that an abortion is a grave consequence, while also arguing there is no consequence.
    Many men speak and have opinions on the matter when in reality, they've never experienced it and never will. To them it's something sluts do for fun. Sad but true, even in 2017.

So you suppose that statement was for or against abortion? You seem to need a little help.
    it came off as more "trite internet tough guy acting like he can tell women how to behave themselves". also has little to nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It seems silly to me that theres no mention of the group Project Veritas, you know, the ones responsible for filming and doctoring the footage...

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    It seems silly to me that theres no mention of the group Project Veritas, you know, the ones responsible for filming and doctoring the footage...
    is that not a given these days? no offense but "retards trying to undermine planned parenthood via undercover filming" is almost patented by those guys.

is that not a given these days?
    Theyre not a house hold name. Its not a given, like at all.. How many people even know theyre hand in the election?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Theyre not a house hold name. Its not a given, like at all.. How many people even know theyre hand in the election?
    maybe not a household name but for me at least them being involved is not the least bit surprising.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    Can't God do gods work...i mean its god. When did God become so lazy? Is God riding the welfare train now?
    God needs to pull up from his bootstraps.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

maybe not a household name but for me at least them being involved is not the least bit surprising.
    Seems like quite the over sight then doesnt it, to leave the groups name out of the article.. and Project Veritas was not just "involved" in some sense.. Theyre responsible for masterminding and executing it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This is interesting. What rights do you grant the fetus? Does it have rights to property or free speech? Does it have a right to a trial by a jury of its peers? Im being a tad bit fasetious obviously but the concept of fetal rights is in my estimation absurd.
    Evidently it's a generally non-controversial position that most people think third trimester fetuses have a right to life. This is true in most countries and polling consistently finds that people find third trimester to be morally awful.

This mostly isn't my fight though. Like I said, I'm mostly pro-choice. I'm basically willing to bite the moral bullet of saying that I don't actually care all that much more about infanticide than I do about late term abortions. My only actual objection is the morally retarded, Beavis and Butthead level take of "it has all the rights of a poop".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Care to draw the dots? I'm not seeing them.
    Not to be confrontational, but it seems to me consistency in this area can generally be attained throuh semantic disputes (what is a person), or moral relativism (is there anything inherently wrong with it?).
    I do not find concepts of rights that are purely black and white with no grey area whatsoever to be tenable. I think there's a clear moral continuum; I have no issues at all with very early term abortions, some slight moral qualm with killing a fetus that would just be a sentient human if birthed, and so on. A moral system that doesn't consider capacity for suffering is a moral system that isn't worth having. It's obvious that a 32 week fetus has a very similar capacity for suffering whether birthed or not.

I think moral relativism is stunted and childish. Having different moral values in fine, claiming no moral system is legitimately preferable another is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

If I thought someone with an opinion like that was going to hold even an spoonful of empathy for the women in those positions I'd have put forth that argument first. But the likelihood was a slim to none, so I chose the more likely note, which is the financial side.
    You have to weigh your options in these kind of things.
    And heck checking the remark is genuine or a troll is a gamble in of itself so it's a double whammy.

abortions are vanishingly rare in the third trimester anyway, even in states where it's legal and essentially unrestricted. They are generally only performed in cases where the fetus is non-viable or the life of the mother is in danger (often both.)

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Doing god's work as far as I'm concerned.
    God is the biggest murderer that there is. He created all the living things on this planet to kill or be killed. God must have killed thousands of pregnant women in the floods. Lets not forget Passover where god killed a bunch of Egyptian children. Not to mention the children and fetus's that are will be murdered in various other tribulations committed by god.