Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation My demon hunter is hitting harder in patch 7.2?

So today decided to queue some 2s on my DH to test out the nerf and my dmg feels absolutely stupid now. I'm literally taking out healers with my first metamorphosis. Is it because they activated the bonus damage from artifact wpns now? Or did they decide reverse the nerf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So today decided to queue some 2s on my DH to test out the nerf and my dmg feels absolutely stupid now. I'm literally taking out healers with my first metamorphosis. Is it because they activated the bonus damage from artifact wpns now? Or did they decide reverse the nerf?
    Guess you all dont believe me. lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one's noticed because no one is stupid enough to play rated anymore.

Playing DH last season was already a free 2.3k+ and if it's the same again no one is going to play it.

The bracket will literally be full of 2k mongo demon hunters that have no idea what they're doing just smashing their keyboards on each other.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-03-29 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    No one's noticed because no one is stupid enough to play rated anymore.

Playing DH last season was already a free 2.3k+ and if it's the same again no one is going to play it.

The bracket will literally be full of 2k mongo demon hunters that have no idea what they're doing just smashing their keyboards on each other.
    According to Holinka / Blizzard , as of yesterday, Arena is the most active it's ever been. So yeah stop saying that people don't play rated anymore.

I know DH damage is still aids in random bgs.. their cleave/aoe is still stupidly op, not sure what abilities were changed/nerfed but they are still topping damage done easily

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In case you haven't noticed, the template stats are now equivalent to 900ilvl, up from 850.

According to Holinka / Blizzard , as of yesterday, Arena is the most active it's ever been. So yeah stop saying that people don't play rated anymore.
    The last part is true though, that's for sure. Was watching Pshero [3k Rated Rogue] stream yesterday and he was playing against a DH/Rdruid(iirc) who literally had zero clue what to do and still lost (albeit because his Monk AFK'd after he killed the DH's healer). The damage from basically nothing was stupid, and that was pre-7.2. It baffles me how people that bad could be over 2k.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    The last part is true though, that's for sure. Was watching Pshero [3k Rated Rogue] stream yesterday and he was playing against a DH/Rdruid(iirc) who literally had zero clue what to do and still lost (albeit because his Monk AFK'd after he killed the DH's healer). The damage from basically nothing was stupid, and that was pre-7.2. It baffles me how people that bad could be over 2k.
    2k legion is literally 1700 any other expansion

The DH pvp nerfs didnt go life yet, unless i am mistaken. So -15% dmg nerf to C.S. and Nerf to Nemesis is not out yet (unless i am wrong, i didnt do rated yet, just took a quick look @ pvp talents on my alt)

Quote Originally Posted by krassz View Post
    2k legion is literally 1700 any other expansion
    lawl 1500 eu = 2700 na lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, the template stats are now equivalent to 900ilvl, up from 850.
    My DH ilvl was above 900 pre 7.2, and I wasn't killing healers in 1st meta unless they were bad players, my guess OP facing very low xp players and he may go 30sec meta instead of 15sec

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    My DH ilvl was above 900 pre 7.2, and I wasn't killing healers in 1st meta unless they were bad players, my guess OP facing very low xp players and he may go 30sec meta instead of 15sec
    Do u know who CDEW is?

Deleted
    Your 900+ ilvl pre patch would of only been adding 6% to the 850 template though. Now everyone is doing damage like they have 900ilvl gear as the base template, which seems to have resulted in even burstier games (not necessarily a bad thing though imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Judgey View Post
    Your 900+ ilvl pre patch would of only been adding 6% to the 850 template though. Now everyone is doing damage like they have 900ilvl gear as the base template, which seems to have resulted in even burstier games (not necessarily a bad thing though imo)
    Aaaah thx for clarifying, then ya that might be the reason lol

- - - Updated - - -

Do u know who CDEW is?
    I know of him, don't know him

I've played a couple of games in arenas and rbgs ever since 7.2 hit, with the recent template upped to 900 ilvl and the fact that traits no longer have a lock on them, both hp pools and damage/healing has increased for all classes inside pvp instances.

Some classes benefited more from these changes than others obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I've played a couple of games in arenas and rbgs ever since 7.2 hit, with the recent template upped to 900 ilvl and the fact that traits no longer have a lock on them, both hp pools and damage/healing has increased for all classes inside pvp instances.

Some classes benefited more from these changes than others obviously.
    Do relics that buff individual traits work in PvP instance or still blocked ?

Do relics that buff individual traits work in PvP instance or still blocked ?
    They don't and probably never will, individual customization such as added relics, set bonus', legendaries, trinkets , heck even stats are all erased and only your ilvl is used with a preset template of stats that are chosen for your spec once you zone into a pvp instance.

Since the new ilvl scaling has been set to 900 as the base, players will only gain additional % of stats beyond that, although there aren't many with ilvl higher than 900 so gear doesn't matter much atm.

The scaling is still 0.1% extra stats for every 1 ilvl increase beyond 900 ilvl, so you'd need 910 ilvl equipped to have 1% extra stats and so on.

Right now the only thing that matters in instanced pvp is having a full set of honor talents and as many artifact traits as possible, as that is the only way to increase your damage/ healing.
    Last edited by wholol; 2017-03-30 at 11:20 PM.

They don't and probably never will, individual customization such as added relics, set bonus', legendaries, trinkets , heck even stats are all erased and only your ilvl is used with a preset template of stats that are chosen for your spec once you zone into a pvp instance.

Since the new ilvl scaling has been set to 900 as the base, players will only gain additional % of stats beyond that, although there aren't many with ilvl higher than 900 so gear doesn't matter much atm.

The scaling is still 0.1% extra stats for every 1 ilvl increase beyond 900 ilvl, so you'd need 910 ilvl equipped to have 1% extra stats and so on.

Right now the only thing that matters in instanced pvp is having a full set of honor talents and as many artifact traits as possible, as that is the only way to increase your damage/ healing.
    These numbers are all completely and totally wrong.

You're conflating comparisons Holinka made in one interview and how the game actually works.

Prior to 7.2, the base templates were "About what you'd have if you were iLevel 850"; but scaling from additional iLevels started at iLevel 800.
    I have 889 equipped on my Warlock. Prior to 7.2, i could zone into a BG and mouse over my stats and it woudl show that i was gaining 8.8% stats from my gear. If your theory was correct it would have only shown 3.8%.

As of 7.2, base templates have been increased to "About what you'd have if you were iLevel 900", but scaling from additional iLevels (still) starts at 800. Just in an AB.. mouse over.. sure enough..... 8.8% bonus from my gear.

Removing all my gear results in... you guessed it... 8.8% less stats.

Edumacation sure is hard.

Edit: and, FWIW, anecdotally, yes, it seems like DHs got way overtuned by something. There was a pretty trashy DH that was literally 3-shotting me with Meta-crutch. Every single time i ran into him, dead in less than 4 globals, unable to even play the game (stunned and/or locked out).
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2017-03-31 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    These numbers are all completely and totally wrong.

You're conflating comparisons Holinka made in one interview and how the game actually works.

Prior to 7.2, the base templates were "About what you'd have if you were iLevel 850"; but scaling from additional iLevels started at iLevel 800.
    I have 889 equipped on my Warlock. Prior to 7.2, i could zone into a BG and mouse over my stats and it woudl show that i was gaining 8.8% stats from my gear. If your theory was correct it would have only shown 3.8%.

As of 7.2, base templates have been increased to "About what you'd have if you were iLevel 900", but scaling from additional iLevels (still) starts at 800. Just in an AB.. mouse over.. sure enough..... 8.8% bonus from my gear.

Removing all my gear results in... you guessed it... 8.8% less stats.

Edumacation sure is hard.

Edit: and, FWIW, anecdotally, yes, it seems like DHs got way overtuned by something. There was a pretty trashy DH that was literally 3-shotting me with Meta-crutch. Every single time i ran into him, dead in less than 4 globals, unable to even play the game (stunned and/or locked out).
    I don't know where you're getting your information from...but mine came from these sources:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/19994381 , check "kicking it into gear".
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...52138686451713

Damn, I guess that blue post denied both your claims, harsh don't you think ? maybe you would want to reflect on whom it is that lacks edumacation before you actually have proof of what you're claiming, unless you claim that blizzard isn't right with their math and you are the sole person with the brilliant mind to see it.

Good day.
    Last edited by wholol; 2017-03-31 at 11:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well this is nice to hear. After the hearing about the chaos strike/annhilation and nemesis nerfs I was a bit worried DH was going to be garbage.

Probably the 10% trait and 900ilvl bump countered the nerf.
    Then again DH doesn't have much without damage.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know where you're getting your information from...but mine came from these sources:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/19994381 , check "kicking it into gear".
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...52138686451713

Damn, I guess that blue post denied both your claims, harsh don't you think ? maybe you would want to reflect on whom it is that lacks edumacation before you actually have proof of what you're claiming, unless you claim that blizzard isn't right with their math and you are the sole person with the brilliant mind to see it.

Good day.
    Dude, he is correct. Either you don't understand what he is saying, or you don't understand what Blizzard is saying, but it's pretty clear to me that his claims are not in any way denied by what the blues said.

In 7.1.5 your base stats were set to ilevel 850. Your bonus stats are based on (your ilevel - 800) * 0.1%
    In 7.2 your base stats were set to ilevel 900. Your bonus stats are still based on (your ilevel - 800) * 0.1%
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2017-03-31 at 01:46 PM.