Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Compared to everything else.. yes.

On +11 I had to leave and respec to Ele to deal with adds on the first boss.
    And last boss on +11 (tyrannical) was a nightmare.

We didn't even finish it

Deleted
    It's overtuned on high mythic +, and those saying, oh boy we cleared it on mythic +0 and it was easy.

Gurl really? Mythic 0 to 6 is designed to be face-roll with appropriate gear values.

Quote Originally Posted by Larom View Post
    Anyone else feel like Cathedral is overtuned? Going in there with 880-885+ ilvl players and am wiping 10-15 time on the first boss. The second and theird bosses aren't too bad, but then we get to Meph. Been in 6 group today. Each group lasted until around 20 wipes then disbanded. That dot will burn us all down before Illidan gets even a 3rd of the way through his cast. Can't even do Heroic because of the bug. Gonna be stuck on this quest another day it seems D:
    Um.

It was probably one of the easiest dungeons I remember doing in a long time. The only time I've ever died in there was when we literally couldn't see the mechanic on the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It's overtuned on high mythic +, and those saying, oh boy we cleared it on mythic +0 and it was easy.

Gurl really? Mythic 0 to 6 is designed to be face-roll with appropriate gear values.

The OP was talking about mythic0.

So I got an 11 CoEN, I should just trash can that shit and find another group for a 10 for the week?

Its grossly overtuned on tyrannical, did a +11 as blood dk and didnt get past first boss. Was pulling 800k hps on every pull just from the ridicolous damage that the add and boss do together + the smash which hits you for 5m every 30sec. Also has 270m HP and is an add fight lmao.

it's not overtuned, except possibly the last boss on some high m+ difficulties (tyranniclol)

people are just used to cheesing regular mythics and not having to care about any mechanics, and go nuts as soon as that isn't the case anymore

Deleted
    Mephisto on +10 has much much more hp than any other boss at old+20 at tyrannical. He has 345mil + several mils of add damage. Old Wrath of azshara+20 at tyrannical as a pure single target fight had less hp. The necessary hps is also on par with the old +20 dungeons with tyrannical.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-03-30 at 03:20 AM.

It was a joke the only things we wiped to was due to our own stupidity

Also lol people calling 10s overtuned completely forgetting M+ difficulty got overhauled. 10s aren't faceroll anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post

Also lol people calling 10s overtuned completely forgetting M+ difficulty got overhauled. 10s aren't faceroll anymore.
    10s are still pretty faceroll... just not the new ones.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Nope, it's tuned very well.
    Git good.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Not completely related, but Heroic CoEN was pretty bad too. Yes, none of us knew mechanics and got killed on some bosses (2nd, 3rd; never wiped, though). No, I don't think that's how a Heroic dungeon dropping 845 should work when we are ~880 average.
    I don't care how new this dungeon is. I don't care how fun or well-made this dungeon is. It's harder than other dungeons while dropping the same loot. I can appreciate mechanics, but it's clear to me that the numbers on CoEN are just bigger than the other dungeons.
    Just make it drop better like Karazhan. I'm sure people would have complained too if everything from Karazhan drops 840 back in 7.1.5
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    we got through it fairly easily last night, even with the bugs so no its not.
    +10 tyrannical?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post

Have you done it on +10? Compared to other dungeons, it is significantly harder. There shouldn't be such a huge gap between different dungeons of the same Mythic+ level. So yes, it is definitely overtuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    it's not overtuned, except possibly the last boss on some high m+ difficulties (tyranniclol)

people are just used to cheesing regular mythics and not having to care about any mechanics, and go nuts as soon as that isn't the case anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    Mephisto on +10 has much much more hp than any other boss at old+20 at tyrannical. He has 345mil + several mils of add damage. Old Wrath of azshara+20 at tyrannical as a pure single target fight had less hp. The necessary hps is also on par with the old +20 dungeons with tyrannical.

The thing is go look at the M+leaderboards.... every other dungeon has 13,14's, 15's hell there are some 17's.... and then look at cathedral. Highest on most servers is 11 and those are 1-2 HOURS long kills....

We were doing 7-11 carries all day. and 2 chesting 11's with carry's in the raid in every other dungeon (Maw,COS,Upper and Lower Kara)... We Missed 2 chests in CoEN by 1 minute (with a wipe though) on a 9 with a 908 ilvl carry's key in between 3 Chesting a 10 Kara and a 11 Maw and were top 20 US guild raiders. The first boss is awful The Last boss is a Huge healer check even non tyrannical... My guild 2 healed it on 11 to finally complete it.... and the Mini boss before the Last boss will become Aids when we get to a Fortified week It is 100% by far harder than any other dungeon And TBH i'd say a 9 Non Tyrannical is almost harder than any other place on 10 Tyrannical.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-03-30 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Did +8 CoEN, last boss is pretty tough, first boss is 2nd hardest, 2nd and 3rd boss are easy.
    Overtuned? No, just not enough experience on how to deal with stuff
    So to be completely honest with you, we actually spent time theorycrafting and figuring out an actual strategy.

But then you get 2 minutes in and the Poisonous Spores ticks for 500k+ every 2 seconds on everybody. Just to do the math and lay it out, that's ~2.5m every 2 seconds, or 1.25m DPS on everybody. Plus then you've got Timber Smash every 20 seconds which requires the tank to be full health and pop some kind of DR. Plus the boss and the succulent lasher melee attack for 1.5m each. Plus the poison on the ground and the explosion ticks for 2.5m damage. Plus your ranged (including healer) are randomly being dragged around by the Choking Vines.

Considering how much damage is going out in other +11s or whatever, I'd say it's overtuned as fuck.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

10+ Year Old Account
    Went in blind, died on the first boss because.. I'm not sure what, the tank just melted. Killed him the next attempt
    2nd boss just kinda died
    3rd boss wiped us once because the big AoE he does.
    Meph just died before he could do anything.

Most of the group was in ~880, I was in 900+. Give it a day or two until people know the tactics and it shouldn't be a problem. Can't really comment on m+ though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    First run with 2 pugs went smooth outside of a wipe on the third boss because nobody killed the portal.
    Second run with full guild went LOLOL RUSH BIG DICK. Last boss with heroism, didn't even see the clone phase.

CoEN is "overtuned" in the sense you can't fail the mechanics, period, bad players aren't accustomed to be punished. But no it's not overtuned in the sense of it's asking too much. Strat are straight forward and clearly explained in the dungeon journal. If you are too stupid to understand it's not blizzard's fault.

That's said we didn't have the invisiballs bug on the last boss. If that happen to you there's really nothing you can do except killing the boss before second phase.
    LOL you didnt do +10 tyrannical...

On +10, you cant Simply Burst Boss down... and it is much more difficult than other +10s. Even COS endboss was easy. We 3chested COS and arcway with 2 low geared twinks(890geared)...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    You asked a question, and people answered it. Don't call people "toxic" because we know how to use our arms, and you clearly do not.

P.S CoEN is piss easy, even on +8.

ahah, bullshit, its not easy.
    But u can link ur wowprogress to show ur 8+ in time
    Last edited by mmoc7e8b1c3630; 2017-03-30 at 08:55 AM.

As always you need to learn the strats. But even considering you know them it's harder than most M+0. If you overgear a lot, you have it easy, because you won't have to deal with many of the mechanics mor than 1 time(or even no time at all like bursting down Meph). This is not the case if you only have for example 870 gear.
    The other M+0 got harder too, but definately not to the point where they are equal to Cathedral/Karazhan.

Mythic +10 rewarding 890 base ilvl and people still think its ok, so funny.