Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Which means you would have gotten the same treatment they got. Their applications were denied.
    No, denmark is slightly more forgiving than they are here. I see no mention of any lifetime bans nor any chance for prison.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I find xenophobia to be the typical bigotry, one wrought from hatred and ignorance. While I have no real problem with people being bigots, mainly because everyone is a bigot... I do have an issue when they seek to legislate their bigotry, and force it upon others.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, you want to outlaw lying now? That's pretty rough.
    It's a nation's right to legislate bigotry and xenophobia if a majority wants it. 66% of Danes want a complete shutdown of Muslim immigration. The parties listen to the people here. It's not like Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    No, denmark is slightly more forgiving than they are here. I see no mention of any lifetime bans nor any chance for prison.
    The point is they were still denied asylum.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    And, as I have repeatedly said, I'm not condoning the lying...I can just understand why they might feel they had to and that it doesn't automatically make them terrible human beings. It does however mean that their applications were denied. System is working.
    On the assumption that anyone caught lying on the application is rejected and not just some of them, then yes I agree.

As far as I am concerned, if you lie then that is it, you should not get considered on any future attempts, even if circumstances change.

15+ Year Old Account
    It shows that the issue is not that one group would be living off of another, since he said he had no problem with that. That's why I said his issue was with foreigners.

- - - Updated - - -

You literally just stated the double standard. The only issue is, that you are trying to rationalize the double standard. I cannot help your understanding of the definition of words.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to care, try again.
    I'm not the universe. Your buzzword doesn't mean anything. Seriously, try again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I Googled it and it says Danes are people with the Danish nationality.
    And anyone, no matter how black or Muslim they are, can get the Danish nationality which makes them as Danish as you are.
    False. This has even been solidified in Denmark in 2016. You are only Danish if you adhere to Danish values that have been put into canon. A believing Muslim would never be able to be both. Further, you will have a hard time finding Danes acceptable of non-Whites being classified as Danes unless they have a Danish name and live like Danes.

There is no Dano-Turk or Dano-Ghanaian. You are either Danish or a foreigner. We do not allow labels such as Asian-American or British Pakistani.

So, I guess that puts them in the same boat as Trump and his administration.

half is really honest compared to donnys 90% or so pants on fire rating and i dont recall any conservatives having any issues with the lack of honest in donny

So, I guess that puts them in the same boat as Trump and his administration.
    Still better than Merkel hiding rapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    On the assumption that anyone caught lying on the application is rejected and not just some of them, then yes I agree.

As far as I am concerned, if you lie then that is it, you should not get considered on any future attempts, even if circumstances change.
    Well, as they said...they can't be 100% sure that all the false stories were exposed but it seems anyone they did catch in a total or partial lie was denied asylum.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Like Trump did?

Heck, even his wife scammed the immigration system.
    gosh waht is your issue with Trump? I come here to read about Danish asylum seeker issues, and see all this Trump hate and I'm not seeing the connection

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Nope. I am bringing up problems related to asylum seekers / refugees. I have nothing against foreigners that come here to work and contribute to the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop taking refugees who travel here to apply. Take refugees from camps. We'd be rid of the people just seeking to improve their quality of life.
    The ones that really need to leave a country won't wait in camps. Many are likely to die if they did. Whats your plan in thoes cases?

Daneman I was with you until you said that you need to be born in Denmark to be a Dane.
    That's wrong, being a Dane is about culture and nationality.

Your blood is irrelevant.

If all white Danes died out with a plague black people were immune to, and the black people had taken up Danish culture and discarded their original and carried on Danish traditions, history, etc.
    Then they'd be Danes, even if they weren't born here.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2017-03-30 at 07:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, you are wrong. You just need to have a Danish passport.
    It's very clear they are talking about ethnicity and not nationality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Daneman I was with you until you said that you need to be born in Denmark to be a Dane.
    That's wrong, being a Dane is about culture and nationality.

Your blood is irrelevant.

If all white Danes died out with a plague black people were immune to, and the black people had taken up Danish culture and discarded their original and carried on Danish traditions, history, etc.
    Then they'd be Danes, even if they weren't born here.
    Yeah... I think you don't know what ethnicity actually is, which is what he's talking about.

It's very clear they are talking about ethnicity and not nationality.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... I think you don't know what ethnicity actually is, which is what he's talking about.
    No I get that, but the way it was worded implied that you couldn't be a part of the Danish ethnicity unless you were born in Denmark.
    And I agree with it, just having nationality and living in a country doesn't make you a Dane. Being a Dane is about culture, traditions, history-
    Some things change, but you can't have a completely different social standard and basis and then say you're a Dane just because you contributed to the country and passed the nationality test. In such a case you'd be a contributing person to the Danish nation, and a good immigrant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    No I get that, but the way it was worded implied that you couldn't be a part of the Danish ethnicity unless you were born in Denmark.
    And I agree with it, just having nationality and living in a country doesn't make you a Dane. Being a Dane is about culture, traditions, history-
    Some things change, but you can't have a completely different social standard and basis and then say you're a Dane just because you contributed to the country and passed the nationality test. In such a case you'd be a contributing person to the Danish nation, and a good immigrant.
    You're of whatever ethnicity if you're born to parents who are of whatever ethnicity... In my case, I'm malay and thai mixed. My nationality is american. Nobody at the office ever refers to me as american though, it's thai or malay.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-03-30 at 07:34 AM.

You're of whatever ethnicity if you're born to parents who are of whatever ethnicity... In my case, I'm malay and thai mixed. My nationality is american. Nobody at the office ever refers to me as american though, it's thai or malay.
    According to Wiki:
    "An ethnic group or ethnicity is a category of people who identify with each other based on similarities, such as common ancestral, language, social, cultural or national experiences. Unlike other social groups (wealth, age, hobbies), ethnicity is often an inherited status based on the society in which one lives. In some cases, it can be adopted if a person moves into another society."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, you are wrong. You just need to have a Danish passport.
    No you do not. It will only make you a citizen of Denmark. You are not a Dane automatically. Don't pretend to know what you have not researched. It was put into canon last year. You need to adhere to Danish core values if you are to be a Dane.

https://www.danmarkskanon.dk/

Yeah see the embracement of nudity? No Muslim will embrace that. Thus, they're not Danes, only citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Which country did Trump try to claim asylum in?
    Canada?

10+ Year Old Account
    What I have gathered from this thread is that machismo is an idiot and a lot of people like to talk out Their ass about what a country they know nothing about should do

7+ Year Old Account
    It's very clear that I don't really give a shit about ethnicity, it doesn't give you any additional rights in any decent country.
    So? In a social context it matters to people. If I got a german citizenship and you referred to me as german I'd be correcting you and say thai/malay mixed.

Take thai nationality as an example, it covers a whole variety of ethnicities, hmong, han chinese, thais, malays, khmer, laotians and more. They are however not thais just because they have citizenship there. In many european countries it's not until as of late that there has been any significant presence of other ethnicities than their own.

Nobody ever refers to me as american despite me holding US citizenship by birth, it's always thai, malay or asian guy if they don't know my name.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-03-30 at 10:14 AM.