Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but affixes are not RNG. There's a set rotation.

http://mightyraider.com/mythic-plus

If one week you have a super painful combo you hate and makes you hate your life, it'll be back in 8 weeks. =-(
    Thats not what i meant, i mean everybody should know that affixes are on a set rotation thats kind a given.

What i meant is, is that i run in a semi fixed grp of 7-8 ppl we didn't ran my key the last few weeks because i always got shit RNG with dungeon + the affixes for that week on my keys. (For example i get HoV 13 as starter key in Teeming / Skittish / Fortified week while one of my mates gets Eye 13 as starter key in the same week, guess what key we will start to run and level to get our +15's done fast for that week) ;-)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    A deserter debuff of some kind would be appropriate. Or perhaps a keystone cooldown period where their own can't be used - 24 hrs or something. As things stand, sadly, pugging carries the risk of inviting in players who don't know how to play well with others. "A basic kindergarten skill" I hear you say, and I wholeheartedly agree. Troubling times.
    I'm torn about the idea of punishment. There should be some sort of group vote after a leave. We've gone in on our alts lower keys to test things then left, which without a way to determine that vs a malicious leaver could be a pain in the ass. We've also left keys we're determined to be impossible to us (unanimous decision, we weren't screwing anyone over).

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Why not add a specific queue feature in LFG to replace the leavers aka depleters ? Ppl apply to queue and only enter when someone leaves the dungeon.
    Would be a cool feature, because atm when someone leaves, the dungeon its over -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I will confess that I am a complete cunt. I got knocked back from a Nighthold normal mode run because I didn't have curve from heroic so I joined mythic keys on my tank and left half way through to screw people over and take revenge on the community.

People being dicks is a constant, it will never end so you might as well get your own back.
    But by doing this, you're just breeding more hateful people like yourself that'll turn around and do the same out of angst and then only increase the problem in a self-sustaining never ending loop of hate. The circle of hate will eventually come back to you again and someone might ditch YOU in your M+ run (or raid).

With that said, I've done the same thing lol
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Seems easy to solve.

Add a stacking reward multiplier for every successfully completed m+.

Now they can do that, but they'll have to build up to normal reward level again.

Alternately leaving should just apply a reward penalty instead of gameplay penalty. Make it account wide.

No need to solve the system, it works fine.

There is a limit to what any group can achieve
    If DPS kill the adds on Parjesh in EoA on tyrannical, i will leave the dungeon, they don't understand mechanics and i wont tolerate it, so i leave.

If they wanted someone to slog through their bullshit, should have got someone who knows them.

I don't think I've used my key in over 3 months because I just pug a 10/12/15 (whatever the max is at the time) every week.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightman463 View Post
    Its an MMO. Making friends is part of the experience. Trying to go it entirely alone, or constantly grouping with random people for what is supposed to be challenging content, is absolutely not ideal.
    Making a list of reliable M+ players is not making friends

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    But Wow is, that why every content except mythic raids is trivialized and every need for communication has been removed while starting over in case you screw up somehow has been made more easy as it ever was.
    This thread existing proves you wrong. You need communication, it's players who choose to not communicate, then blame blizzard for failing hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Game can distinguish between getting kicked and someone that leaves, can't it? So if you get kicked you shouldnt get punished, but if you leave you get punished. Not sure why someone would kick another player though during m+ runs but yeah game can take care of that. DCing should give same punishment after x minutes from starting the run. If someone else gets punished from dc/leave first, you are free to leave/dc all you want. It's the first person who dc/leave who should get punished not anyone else. I know it sucks if you have real dc issues, but that's the unfortunate consequence of having a bad connection. If you DC a lot during a m+ run you probably bring your group down anyway so prio should be to sort your connection then do m+ again. I think most people will be fine with that and sort their stuff out before attempting m+ again.
    Then players will just afk so they don't get punished, if you have an afk check, they'll just run into things and die, if you check for that they'll just "accidentally" pull extra to wipe the group... or just auto attack, or play half assed to slow the group....

Many different ways to abuse the punishment system to where it will only really hurt innocent players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Seems easy to solve.

Add a stacking reward multiplier for every successfully completed m+.

Now they can do that, but they'll have to build up to normal reward level again.

Alternately leaving should just apply a reward penalty instead of gameplay penalty. Make it account wide.
    What about blue Screens, internet issues, Buggy instances or just unkillable bosses or reallife Emergency?

Every system has a loophole.What about the group leader hiding that his keystone is depleted or he is looking for +9 and then uses a +2?

Is it fair to punish leavers in every case?
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-03-30 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Making a list of reliable M+ players is not making friends

- - - Updated - - -

This thread existing proves you wrong. You need communication, it's players who choose to not communicate, then blame blizzard for failing hard.
    Well, you do not have time to communicate in M+. The times natures forbids that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Well, you do not have time to communicate in M+. The times natures forbids that.
    There's plenty of time for it if you're on voice coms.

Even if you're not, you can do small bits of text like "I stun first," "need mana" or similar things. Especially in CoS where you might not know what professions your group has, saying things like "Trap is up, I can do it" can speed your run up quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Then players will just afk so they don't get punished, if you have an afk check, they'll just run into things and die, if you check for that they'll just "accidentally" pull extra to wipe the group... or just auto attack, or play half assed to slow the group....

Many different ways to abuse the punishment system to where it will only really hurt innocent players.
    You're grasping at straws here. Just compare it to deserter debuff. Sure it hurts innocent people at times, but it also works as an incentive for people to stay and play the game. The pros by far outweights the cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There's plenty of time for it if you're on voice coms.

Even if you're not, you can do small bits of text like "I stun first," "need mana" or similar things. Especially in CoS where you might not know what professions your group has, saying things like "Trap is up, I can do it" can speed your run up quite a bit
    Nobody uses voice for M+, not even for old 15+.
    "I stun first" and "need mana" are thinks you can write, that is true, but they will not help you to find social contacts. Something that would help are things like "Man, that was a hard fight, gj dodging all that stuff and keeping your DPS up at the same time". But there is no time for that and after the instance everyone insta leaves, so...

7+ Year Old Account
    Allow us to respec inside and every instance can easily be 4manned in case someone leaves mid-through

[QUOTE=Charge me Doctor;45177527]Making a list of reliable M+ players is not making friends]

Hmm, I wonder if "friends" being M+ capable players was implied? Clearly couldn't have been in a thread of M+ depleters -_-. thanks for your awesome contribution to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    You're grasping at straws here. Just compare it to deserter debuff. Sure it hurts innocent people at times, but it also works as an incentive for people to stay and play the game. The pros by far outweights the cons.
    Deserter is 30? mins, it's a negligible punishment in comparison to what people are asking for to happen with leavers on keystones. So no, I don't think they're comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Deserter is 30? mins, it's a negligible punishment in comparison to what people are asking for to happen with leavers on keystones. So no, I don't think they're comparable.
    Hm.

A deserter debuff could work.

It should give a slightly red tint to the character and last 12 Hours (with the duration increasing through repeated applications), also making your name read in Red on the group finder throughout the duration.

It shouldn't stop you from getting into groups or even gettig shit done, you'll just be market as a leaver so that others may be better suited towards deciding whether or not to trust you.

Or pehraps just make it apply for 5 mins, increased for how many times have you been leaving. So someone who leaves one a week for accidents will have 5~10 minutes red deserter, while someone who's doing it intentionally will quickly find it stacking to 24 Hours or more.

Or, you know, just get rid of the fucking keys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellithe View Post
    Hm.

A deserter debuff could work.

It should give a slightly red tint to the character and last 12 Hours (with the duration increasing through repeated applications), also making your name read in Red on the group finder throughout the duration.

It shouldn't stop you from getting into groups or even gettig shit done, you'll just be market as a leaver so that others may be better suited towards deciding whether or not to trust you.

Or pehraps just make it apply for 5 mins, increased for how many times have you been leaving. So someone who leaves one a week for accidents will have 5~10 minutes red deserter, while someone who's doing it intentionally will quickly find it stacking to 24 Hours or more.

Or, you know, just get rid of the fucking keys.
    Or you know, just be careful who you pick. Ask questions, take a look at wowprogress/armory.

Why do you believe Blizzard has to fix everything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I had someone leave someone else's key after the first wipe in a pug. That is a complete scum move. There should indeed be consequences for that.

A 12 to 24h ban from mythic + instances could work.
    Sorry but leaving a group isn't and will never be a banable offense.