Poll: What is the worst major patch of WoW?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    That's a serious question whether the raid _is_ from 7.2, accounting 12 weeks of gating. 12 weeks is 3 months, you can easily de-facto call the day when raid becomes awailable a patch 7.2.5, really.
    No, because if they finished 7.2 even if it is gated, they are working in something else. like 7.2.5. or whatever they are planning to do. The gating has nothing to do with the content alraedy made. Im pretty sure they didnt take vacations from work because they have a raid to release en 12 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    It's WHINERS like you ruined WoW.

Stop whining like a spoiled brat, if you dont enjoy 7.2 you are not obligated to play WoW. Blizzard will NOT miss you either way.

Not kindly....STFU and either enjoy it or just stop playing.

This x 1000. These whining spoiled people are a cancer on our society. And to even compare 7.2 to 6.1 is outrageous. 6.1 is an embarrassment and shameful patch. I have no issue with Blizz rolling out new content out over the next few week.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    No, because if they finished 7.2 even if it is gated, they are working in something else. like 7.2.5. or whatever they are planning to do. The gating has nothing to do with the content alraedy made. Im pretty sure they didnt take vacations from work because they have a raid to release en 12 weeks.
    I'm pretty sure that if you buy a product which you get delivered to you today but all you get is empty cardboard box with a note inside that whatever contents the box had will arrive in 1-12 weeks from now on, you de-facto received no product as of today.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I'm pretty sure that if you buy a product which you get delivered to you today but all you get is empty cardboard box with a note inside that whatever contents the box had will arrive in 1-12 weeks from now on, you de-facto received no product as of today.
    what the actual f?

So you buy a RPG game, and you get the whole game. but you have to spend 10 days playing it till you win the game or see the last boss...
    You de-factor didnt received the last boss as of today?

even if the raid releases today, i have to farm the gear becuase im not been subbed for a while... so... the raid isnt in the patch neither?
    Last edited by shonist; 2017-03-30 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Have you tried Sentinax? Thats far more fun then invasions ever were. Just get 5 people so you can chain-spam portals and AoE everything down.
    No I haven't tried it but it does sounds superfun to chain-spam-aoe portals... if that is "content" for the average public, then I'll pass!

Deleted
    The sheer amount of crybabies in this thread is just amazing.

I did enjoy most of these, albeit 6.1 seemed to be the most lackluster... not adding anything i would particulary enjoy (selfie-cam, BE models,...).

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    For me 7.2 is the worst. I sincerely had more stuff to do in 6.1 (selfie cam patch) garrison campaigns than in 7.2. And yes, week 1 matters.
    How many threads do you need to start to whine about this patch?

7.2 hit the ground running! It's awesome to return to the isle of Thund... wait the Timeless... wait Tanaa... wait where are we again? Well nvm that doesn't matter. What matters is 7.2 is here so I can start the rep grind to FINALLY unlock flying! Oooo and I get to continue my class campaign! What? I can't do those things right away? Oh. Well, maybe hit the ground running was too strong of a statement. Maybe hit the ground and have 45 minutes of content per toon before stagnating is a better summary. Bottom line is the time gating is terrible. NH burn out is real. Now you get 11 more confirmed weeks of it.

TL;DR 7.2 isn't the worst patch ever, but definitely deserves to be called the most disappointing patch in recent history. Would anyone have been pumped had we been told at the launch all we would get are 4 to 5 world quests and a faceroll dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If you refuse to see that the patch objectively is one of the biggest to date, that's a you problem. Your opinion doesn't change facts.
    Whether it is or it isn't the biggest patch to date doesn't matter. The patch does NOT have a lot of stuff in it and I've shown that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    Beaker. You DO NOT have to stay subbed... goodbye
    Well actually I do because I have a raiding guild of friends I've played with for around 4 years and have invested a lot of time into my character. Also, I never said I hated the game or wanted to unsub. I'm simply stating a fact that this patch is way over hyped for having a lot of stuff that it simply doesn't have.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    what the actual f?

So you buy a RPG game, and you get the whole game. but you have to spend 10 days playing it till you win the game or see the last boss...
    You de-factor didnt received the last boss as of today?

even if the raid releases today, i have to farm the gear becuase im not been subbed for a while... so... the raid isnt in the patch neither?
    No. The raid de-facto isn't in the patch as of today because you can't just go and raid it, obviously. More like you buy an RPG game, and when you want to kill last boss it says you "nope, you're not allowed to kill him now, please come back in 3 months, and by the way we'd be cool if you just support us by paying us these 3 months for nothing, mkay?". Your gear has nothing to do with it.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Man , it must be hard to be THIS retarded..
    To believe this is not the case is simply silly. Blizz is a business that gets it money from subs. The longer they can keep people subbed the better. If something is gated over 11 weeks that is nearly 3 months. Why would you release everything at once and have people unsub when you can gate it and keep them subbed for an additional 2 months?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Just because you don't work for Blizzard doesn't mean him staying or going won't affect you as long as you play the game

voicing dissatisfaction is always productive since the company gathers data pretty far and wide and a general trend of something always affects their decision making
    That's complete nonsense. Nobody needs whiners and their pathetic whining was never good or useful for anything, because it's low quality opinion voicing. Unqualified, unfounded, irrational, needlessly emotional, diffuse, non-informative, vague and very often incorrect. That's even factually harmful for the game, because it creates noise which drowns actual feedback. It blurries the view for the devs as well as the community and is just overall cancer for the game. The list of terrible and confused decision-making due to whiner noise is long.

Whiners are idiots, nobody needs them. And the worst of them are those who are in all seriousness convincing themselves that they're doing everybody a favor.

I sincerely hate 98% of the player base. The patch was just released and none of the time required content has been seen on live yet. But, you know lets bitch and moan 1 day in the patch.

I enjoyed the sentinax bit, more than I enjoyed the entirety of timeless isle.
    So, yea. I'd say 6.1 if that counts as a major patch.

Deleted
    haha selfie camera patch is better than this? Yeah fuck off you troll

Saying 7.2 is the worst is laughable when we have 5.3 and 6.1.

A bit of staggered content never hurt anyone, and it will keep things fresh for longer. And they've even improved on previous staggered content in that if you skip a week you can do two weeks worth of the story in two days, so if you unsub for two months you can come back and catch up without nearly as much waiting if you'd prefer.

5.3 launched with all its content in place, and later patched out the main questline and reward. Timeless Isle was a hollow RNG filled grindfest. At least 7.2, even with staggered content, brings in stuff for several different playstyles at once, stuff for alts, QoL improvements and shouldn't have any content that will get removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    I sincerely hate 98% of the player base. The patch was just released and none of the time required content has been seen on live yet. But, you know lets bitch and moan 1 day in the patch.
    Indeed. And people pretend that if the raid was out, they'd have conquered it already today. Yeah, maybe on normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Saying 7.2 is the worst is laughable when we have 5.3 and 6.1.

A bit of staggered content never hurt anyone, and it will keep things fresh for longer. And they've even improved on previous staggered content in that if you skip a week you can do two weeks worth of the story in two days, so if you unsub for two months you can come back and catch up without nearly as much waiting if you'd prefer.

5.3 launched with all its content in place, and later patched out the main questline and reward. Timeless Isle was a hollow RNG filled grindfest. At least 7.2, even with staggered content, brings in stuff for several different playstyles at once, stuff for alts, QoL improvements and shouldn't have any content that will get removed.
    I don't agree that 5.3 was a bad patch (the Northern Barrens stuff had people out in force), but yeah... 7.2 is objectively one of if not THE biggest patches in the history of the game, and people bitch because Blizzard keeps true to their word of pacing content releases.

No. The raid de-facto isn't in the patch as of today because you can't just go and raid it, obviously. More like you buy an RPG game, and when you want to kill last boss it says you "nope, you're not allowed to kill him now, please come back in 3 months, and by the way we'd be cool if you just support us by paying us these 3 months for nothing, mkay?". Your gear has nothing to do with it.
    i will not sub back till the raid. and im totally ok with that. and with the game.

Deleted
    People who make these threads should realise the game is over for them and just stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Couldn't figure that shit out.
    Yeah, I understand this. Blizzard doesn't seem to be able to make content as comprehensible as they used to these days.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"