Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you have a backup plan if shit hits the fan and you want to flee your country?

Im not talking about "Oh woe is me, the election didnt go as I wanted." I mean, things are going down, you want to flee and escape. Do you have a plan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, if things got that bad in 'merica most places would be screwed as well. May as well just dig a bunker and wait it out.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I'm moving in with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm moving in with you.
    Awesome, I will add you to my plan.

Deleted
    If things get so bad that I need to flee then chances are it is just as bad everywhere else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    If things get so bad that I need to flee then chances are it is just as bad everywhere else.
    Besides, problems are solved by fighting them (either literally or figuratively), not by running away when things get a little rough.

Lake house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 3 had the right idea. To Canada or bust!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I have a dual citizenship. I can go to Britain anytime I want.
    Nice, mind if me and @Machismo can crash with you? I only have one friend in the UK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Nice, mind if me and @Machismo can crash with you? I only have one friend in the UK.
    Get lost you dirty refugees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Get lost you dirty refugees.
    but I bring burgers

I don't see my country realistically fall apart so no, I see no reason for such a plan.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I must warn you, I'm not overly prepared for armageddon. I can only bring a ton of guns and alcohol, you guys will have to supply the food, shelter, and fresh water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I must warn you, I'm not overly prepared for armageddon. I can only bring a ton of guns and alcohol, you guys will have to supply the food, shelter, and fresh water.
    Perfect plan IMO

@Winter Blossom , good plan?

I actually have one but I didn't actively search for it. At an old place I used to work the boss was from Jamaica and I was working there for some time. When I had to leave he told me that he ran a large chain of restaurants in Jamaica and that if I ever felt the need to leave Sweden I should give him a call and he gave me his business card

10+ Year Old Account
    Mexico I guess? I speak spanish and the border is 5 minutes away

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you mean by shit hits the fan. Fro the most part I will fight back.

Yes - working on the plan as we speak, but purely as a backup plan incase trying to fight against the disease that's overridden this country in the form of Dumbass Deplorables and Donald Dump eventually fails.

Short version: a 2 year plan that takes me up to the end of 2018.
    Step 1: Take time to purge my home down to a minimal amount of necessities.
    Step 2: Continue training in my career that I can do from anywhere in the world via the internet.
    Step 3: Work on my physical health for both mental/physical benefit and in case of an armed Deplorable uprising. :P
    Step 4: Research many different countries and gauge pros/cons to see if it's the right choice for me while researching immigration laws.

These steps will be worked on until the 2018 Midterm elections - which is where the final determination is to be gauged:
    IF 2018 Midterms sees Republican majority severely setback: I will postpone leaving and continue fighting for another 2 years.
    IF 2018 Midterms sees no change/more repubs taking charge: I will initiate the bugout phase and plan departure within a year.

Of course, many things could change this plan - up to and including an impeachment of Donald the Deplorable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I don't see my country realistically fall apart so no, I see no reason for such a plan.
    I feel there were Native Americans and Citizens of Rome who once said the same thing...

While I do applaud the optimism, never say never! :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I feel there were Native Americans and Citizens of Rome who once said the same thing...

While I do applaud the optimism, never say never! :P
    Native Americans were slaughtered by superior technology and Rome had a very different "country" than US. People making "backup plans" because of Trump are just as silly as the rednecks who did the same thing when Obama was elected.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    what do you mean things go bad usa has highest GDP in the world people make 5 times there than in my country
    to you going bad will prob mean making only 3 times more than people make in my country for same job