Poll: What is the worst major patch of WoW?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    what I find hilarious is blizzard created M+ and even forced us into the "GO FAST GIMME NOW GO GO GO!" mentality when pushing for +3 chest. The faster you go the more mobs you aggro and faster you kill them the more chests and better loot.

First strike - we see them scale world mobs to your ilvl to slow you down so mobs don't die instantly now.. why.. to slow us down??

reverted within 12 hrs of blue post so back to normal..

Second strike - trying to artifically slow us down by gating content. We are upset why? We are used to the go fast mentality even more so now with the M+ mindset blizz created..

I don't understand why they create m+ to be like that but expect us to go slow and not want to speed through things now?
    Yes, there is a lot of glaring headlessness in the development team. They seem to not really know what to do. Cater to everyone, cater to noone.

I also think many of the changes they push through involuntarily, many of them would rather the game took a more hardcore approach but they want more money so they cater to scrubs just as much if not more. In effect, WoW has not been more casual-friendly, has it?

So it must be difficult to work on the game, denying your goals in favour of more success and dough.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    For me 7.2 is the worst. I sincerely had more stuff to do in 6.1 (selfie cam patch) garrison campaigns than in 7.2. And yes, week 1 matters.
    This thread should have ended with this moronic statement. Instead, multiple pages
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Molten Front was not just Molten Front, I pointed it out. Go and scroll up, thanks.

Also, Isle of Thunder mobilized people. Most returners are sitting cathartic in Dalaran right now because they expected much more and even took time off work. Seems like intentional misinformation to get as many people to resub as possible at the end of Q1.
    If you took time off for a patch, that is ones own fault and nothing more.

Before Isle of Thunder hit, people was just chilling at the shrine again.

As for more content, well, guess what, Blizzard wants people to work for more content. unlock world bosses, work for it. Unlock solo content, work for it. Etc. Again, as I said, can't have the whole buffet at the same time.

As for Molten Front, class changes hardly counts in my opinion. As for things to do, Molten Front was still slow at times.

As for 'intentional misinformation' I haven't seen anything in the patch note stating something that more or less was misinformation. No where in the notes does it say that you'll have everything right away. And again, if you think the resubbed people feel cheated, tough. Blizzard doesn't decide on the resub, and the numbers are hardly going to touch Q1.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Calls it the worst major patch when none of it's features even opened up yet. Nice one.

6.1 wasn't even a major patch but who lets fact get in the way of shitposting?

The issues is that they misinformed so many people so they came back for the launch. There would not be such backlash right now had they announced their pacing schedule a week ago. People even took time off work for this patch because it was hyped up to be unprecedented in terms of content load.

Why not release the Patch on April 4? With Legion invasions and brawls intact. Oh wait, their fiscal quarter ends in March. Now suffer.

That makes sense, I can see that being a point of frustration. I guess for me, I did not play on the PTR or really follow what was included in the patch. I knew the big items like the dungeon, Raid, zone, etc but I guess all the little stuff.. I just found out as I was playing. I also read about the ilvl scaling thing.. but when I played I didn't notice anything different.

I have no doubt there are valid criticisms and feedback.. however, as a person that visits the site for some news and check the forums from time to time, it's hard to know when something is a serious issue.. because a small thing becomes "THE WORST PATCH EVER" .. you know what I mean? haha like is there a step down? like "PATCH ENJOYABLE, BUT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Calls it the worst major patch when none of it's features even opened up yet. Nice one.
    There are things to do, but they spreaded them way too thin.

Mog runners - cool new stuff for you - whatever, most of us already have the mogs that we want.
    New PvP Season - Legion PvP.
    Pet Battle dungeons - Er... Can someone say if they are good? (not sarcastic)
    New traits - Cool, I guess? I can't say that the new traits are fun, but they are present.
    Paragon reputation - It is better then I presumed, but it needs a week of wind up time, before you start reaping the rewards. At this rate after a week people will get paragon chests almost daily.
    New Dungeon - Meh 30 mins.
    Introducing Mythic dungeons in HC - grats for people that wanted them, it does not effect me.
    New M+ affixes - I hate m+, but I guess they are content, even without me doing them.
    New WQ - beside Broken Shores, did not notice anything else, but I may not be wrong.

Overall, this patch is boring now, will be rather fun after couple of weeks, but... Bad way to start it.

Yet the amount of bugs and especially class bugs is greater than that of class changes. The most bugged patch I remember since 4.1

Obviously it was rushed.
    Memory isn't a very reliable source for that. There's some issues around, but nothing truly game breaking. They didn't take particularly long to patch servers, either. For the amount of core systems changed, it's pretty unremarkable.

Selfie patch was worse for me than the voice comm patch simply because our raiders were suiciding to get good selfies of themselves getting hit by mechanics, it affected me negatively instead of doing nothing at all.

Overall, this patch is boring now, will be rather fun after couple of weeks, but... Bad way to start it.
    Isn't this thread kind of baity then? The entire patch will be good when it fully opens, so how does it completely be a contender for "worst major patch"?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Mog runners - cool new stuff for you - whatever, most of us already have the mogs that we want.
    New traits - Cool, I guess? I can't say that the new traits are fun, but they are present.
    Paragon reputation - It is better then I presumed, but it needs a week of wind up time, before you start reaping the rewards. At this rate after a week people will get paragon chests almost daily.
    Introducing Mythic dungeons in HC - grats for people that wanted them, it does not effect me.
    New M+ affixes - I hate m+, but I guess they are content, even without me doing them.
    New WQ - beside Broken Shores, did not notice anything else, but I may not be wrong.

And you say this is sincerely less content than 6.1???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Isn't this thread kind of baity then? The entire patch will be good when it fully opens, so how does it completely be a contender for "worst major patch"?
    Not the thread. But the patch, yes, feels baity. Thousands resubbed only to sit in stupor in Dalaran waiting for new content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    And you say this is sincerely less content than 6.1???
    First week matters. Timegating matters a lot. It has a frustrating effect on players that took time off work in response to all the hype. The pacing schedule should have been released a week ago.

Thanks.

Wow, theres a lot of new stuff and its just day 1 of a 11 week gated patch, sadly it is boring for you, but doesnt mean its a poor patch in content

10+ Year Old Account
    It kept me occupied for the entire evening at least. And I did not start farming shards. Just upgraded my three artifacts, did all the available quests and the new dungeon as well as four mythic+ runs.

People who played for the entire day might have hit the wall, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the OP is on a rampage with posts lately. That should tell his bias.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Wow, theres a lot of new stuff and its just day 1 of a 11 week gated patch, sadly it is boring for you, but doesnt mean its a poor patch in content
    So what are you up to right now on the Broken Shore? Farming Nethershards? Grinding AP?

inb4 "doing world quests" because that takes so much time and is so engaging

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not the OP is on a rampage with posts lately. That should tell his bias.
    Optimist at heart, pessimist in mind.
    Keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    It kept me occupied for the entire evening at least. And I did not start farming shards. Just upgraded my three artifacts, did all the available quests and the new dungeon as well as four mythic+ runs.

People who played for the entire day might have hit the wall, though.
    An entire evening, vs 2 minutes to get a selfie cam in 6.1 plus you have more to do every single day doing wq's for rep, start farming shards like you said, pet stuff if your interested, and than all that much more to do if you have alts, even just 1 alt that's 3+ more artifacts to upgrade. Seriously anyone who says 6.1 was better is a troll or just well, low IQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone would vote 2.2 if they were a serious player at the time it came out. The only reason Blizzard get away with it is because the vast majority of players were still slowly working through the launch and 2.1 content due to the way progression worked back then. If they pulled that stunt now... ohhh people would be pissed.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

So what are you up to right now on the Broken Shore? Farming Nethershards? Grinding AP?

inb4 "doing world quests" because that takes so much time and is so engaging

- - - Updated - - -

Optimist at heart, pessimist in mind.
    Keep going.
    More engaging then 6.1 patch in it's entirety.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do people so fondly remember the way AQ was gated, out of curiosity?