Poll: What is the worst major patch of WoW?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Not the thread. But the patch, yes, feels baity. Thousands resubbed only to sit in stupor in Dalaran waiting for new content

- - - Updated - - -

First week matters. Timegating matters a lot. It has a frustrating effect on players that took time off work in response to all the hype. The pacing schedule should have been released a week ago.

Thanks.
    We knew the raid wouldn't be released this week. We knew flying wouldn't be unlocked the first week. We knew assaults wouldn't be available at launch. We knew the Class/Mount quest chain would take 11 weeks. I'm sure there were other things mentioned in the Q&A last week and blue posts.

The only thing I expected first week that's not here yet was to start class hall upgrades. I've played a few hours each night since the patch released and still haven't seen most of the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Optimist at heart, pessimist in mind.
    Keep going.
    You know my opinion on 7.2. I said I think Broken Shore as a zone could be bigger. And the item level scaling is something I'm not a fan of. I'm happy with the rest.

#Dealwithit
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    New zone, new dungeon, new quests, new traits (more AP for the main spec) and the formerly mythic only dungeons can now be done in heroic meaning I'm a lot more likely to run them? Great patch so far for me.

On the other hand, there's 2.2's voice chat..... Has anyone ever used it? Even when it was released it was pointless.

Selfie is a close 2nd though.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Have you tried Sentinax? Thats far more fun then invasions ever were. Just get 5 people so you can chain-spam portals and AoE everything down.
    Yeah, what fun. Spamming AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    5.2 is arguably one of the best patches ever, so I call troll.

There was much more to do in the first week as well.
    It was more time gated than 7.2 is, come on now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised 3.2 ended up so low in the poll. It sucked big time They invalidated progressing through Naxx-Ulduar and left us with a 5-boss raid where only four were decent encounters. Then they expected us to repeat it in four difficulties each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    yep. just like he said firelands wasn't timegated too. can't fix stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Yeah but it didnt feel like it was artificial gating. You had to work server-wide to unlock the next part of the map, the general chat was lively and I even remember people hailing it as the best patch ever which nowadays with this whining community (not that they have ever ceased reprocicating, and I am certainly one of them now ever since WoD) is unheard of. The zone itself was also a masterpiece, boasted of huge variety and freshness.
    Also, reputation grinding was not as limited as it is in BS.
    And last but not least, classes were very well designed at that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Ah yes, Sentinax.

1) Go to farm mobs.
    2) Get "crystal" - spawn portal.
    3) Suddenly, out of nowhere, alliance DK comes using death and decay tagging all the mobs to themselves before you have any chance to tag them, giving you nothing from "your portal".
    4) Repeat
    It summons more than one portal just go to a different one if you see allies coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ahhhhhh....the day has arrived when the Selfie Cam patch reigns superior. Now if only the Voice Chat patch gets the praise it deserves.

MMO C - never dissapointing
    I personally never thought this day would come.
    I am rather confused, afraid and disgusted at the same time.
    I am not sure what to do with my self at the moment, might have to sit down.

O well, haters gonna hate and stuff I guess.

I don't understand the "hate" for 7.2, good fun so far.

Deleted
    How can it not be the selfie cam, lol, come on.

Are you fucking serious?

It's 6.1. I mean common that was just terrible.

So what exactly did people want in 7.2?...let me guess log on to a bag of 990 bis loot in their mail box.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    So what exactly did people want in 7.2?...let me guess log on to a bag of 990 bis loot in their mail box.
    For the patch that devs and players are touting as the biggest content patch EVER to actually deliver on meaningful content.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Go away you heathen, TBC was the best expansion, Wrath was mildly good, only -then- did WoW go downhill with Cata and the rest.
    That's always been my unpopular opinion :P
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

whatever is the most recent one. just like whatever is the most recent expansion is the worst. Am i talking about 7.2 and legion? no. whatever is most recent will do at any point in time that has passed or will pass.

There's less than I expected there to be. 1 zone 1 dungeon. Some quests, 90% of it gated over 11 weeks and even then it's the size of suramar story line.
    This is about the same size as 7.1.

7.2 isn't even completed yet, so it's hard to judge the patch in general....

For me, 6.1 was the worst...

2.2 isn't even a patch, it's an advertisment for their shitty voice-chat...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    There's less than I expected there to be. 1 zone 1 dungeon. Some quests, 90% of it gated over 11 weeks and even then it's the size of suramar story line.
    This is about the same size as 7.1.
    Quit for 11 weeks, Come back when the Raid comes, then judge the Patch...

Trust me, works every time...

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    7.2 isn't even completed yet, so it's hard to judge the patch in general....

For me, 6.1 was the worst...

2.2 isn't even a patch, it's an advertisment for their shitty voice-chat...

- - - Updated - - -

Quit for 11 weeks, Come back when the Raid comes, then judge the Patch...

Trust me, works every time...
    Then it's still only 2 hours worth of quests, and a raid. Which isnt even 7.2 but probably more like 7.2.5 like NH

A few more quests isn't going to change my opinion (it's actually factually speaking if we're going to compare shit to the likes of 3.3, 4.2 and 5.4)