I noticed something off about the Asari in this game, but couldn't put my finger on it. Until I stumbled upon this image, and it suddenly became clear:

All Asari (Except Peebee) use the exact same face. The only difference is skin color and facial markings. Even I must admit....... that's incredibly lazy from bioware. Asari in the original trilogy managed to look VERY different from one another, in more than just skin color and markings. Aria, Liara, Samara, Sha'ira, Morinth, Anaya, Benezia, Councilor Te'vos, that random doctor asari in Illium doing illegal medical experiments, Anora, etc, every single one of them had a different and unique facial structure.

Here, only peebee is unique, the rest are the same.

Lazy.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-30 at 05:31 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But as standalone games (sans nostalgia glasses) they weren't better than MEA:

1. People wanted to land on planets and freely roam in MAKO (improved of course). MEA provides.
    2. People wanted more content outside of DLC. MEA provides.
    3. People wanted deeper RPG system, which only got simpler with each game. MEA has it deeper.
    4. People complained how Paragon/Renegade system was too binary and locked them out of dialogue options. MEA changed that.
    5. MEA added a lot of new featured to the ME franchise (from DAI)
    6. And of course MEA improved combat even further.
    I was just saying something funny to my gf last night about MEA. I have spent more time customizing and building my character's skills, equipment, and squad mates than I have playing the actual game.

I absolutely move the depth they added to the combat in this game. I am huge into skill/equipment management in nay game. So this game really sates my hunger in that regard.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I noticed something off about the Asari in this game, but couldn't put my finger on it. Until I stumbled upon this image, and it suddenly became clear:

Link isn't working, do you have another/can you upload to imgur?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda sad that defeating the architects doesn't yield any kind of epic loot. Or loot at all, since they all fly to the orbit of the planet, where they're reprogrammed to help wit the terraforming.

Makes it significantly less epic when you beat one. At least the dragon bosses in Inquisition dropped massive scores of rare loot and crafting mats. Architects could have at least dropped mats and augs.
    I've gotten a chest of loot after clicking the head for each architect I've killed. You also get additional research data if you look at them in space.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-03-30 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

This is not so much because the story is bad, but because the story belongs to a different genre.

The original trilogy was a Space Opera grand epic, akin to Star Wars.

This game is more of a Space Western adventure, akin to Firefly, or Cowboy Beebop.

Star Wars, and Cowboy Beebop are both excellent space stories, but for very different reasons.

I do believe that Andromeda is aiming for the Space Opera epic for the sequels though, given what is teased about in the ending.

Since starting ME:A, I keep thinking that I would LOVE to actually play as the Captain of a small smuggling or independent shipping starship in the same vein as Firefly. I think the new Universe would support this, and I would love for the story to be smaller in scale like in DA2 where you focus on personal objectives for you and your crew. I would also love to be able to upgrade your starship and maybe choose from a few different models. They've done the space soldier, they have the space explorer now, and I think its time for us to be able to Han Solo our way through Mass Effect. =)

Note: This does not mean I dislike the tone in Andromeda. I like the change of pace of being an Explorer from a Soldier. Setting up the first Outpost felt awesome.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I've gotten a chest of loot after clicking the head for each architect I've killed. You also get additional research data if you look at them in space.
    Ohhh, that's a relief/good info.

Deleted

All Asari (Except Peebee) use the exact same face. The only difference is skin color and facial markings. Even I must admit....... that's incredibly lazy from bioware. Asari in the original trilogy managed to look VERY different from one another, in more than just skin color and markings. Aria, Liara, Samara, Sha'ira, Morinth, Anaya, Benezia, Councilor Te'vos, that random doctor asari in Illium doing illegal medical experiments, Anora, etc, every single one of them had a different and unique facial structure.

Here, only peebee is unique, the rest are the same.

Lazy.
    jep thats true. but peebee´s face is also the same. only more fat with a stripe

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Link isn't working, do you have another/can you upload to imgur?
    I'm having SEVERE internet issues.

Try this link. Is this one working?

Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-30 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta love some of the inside jokes in the game. Like the Silent Step skin for the Nomad:

Or this Krogan who's going to get some very strange "gingerbeard" cookies:

Putin khuliyo

http://imgur.com/a/1XqKC
    That one works. there are some small differences in each face but yeah they are all very similar

I'm kinda sad that defeating the architects doesn't yield any kind of epic loot. Or loot at all, since they all fly to the orbit of the planet, where they're reprogrammed to help wit the terraforming.

Makes it significantly less epic when you beat one. At least the dragon bosses in Inquisition dropped massive scores of rare loot and crafting mats. Architects could have at least dropped mats and augs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's really disappointing. I really enjoyed the dragon fights in DA:I (mechanically super simple, but hot damn did BW nail the "epic" feeling) and looting their skulls was super satisfying, even if it didn't contain anything immediately useful for my party.

That's a missed opportunity : /
    They drop some stuff, but I didn't get any weapons or armor from them. The only thing I remembered getting was disappointment. Especially since the Dragons in DA:I dropped good, rare loot.

Speaking of loot, what weapons are ya'll using? As a biotic, my Ryder uses a Predator pistol and Pathfinder(?)assault rifle. I've been trying to make the Remnant P.A.W but I'm always missing this or that material and then forgetting and using materials for something else etc. What crazy mods and combinations have you tried?
    Last edited by Drakpower; 2017-03-30 at 06:01 PM.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    jep thats true. but peebee´s face is also the same. only more fat with a stripe
    Nope, Peebee doesn't look anywhere near that image I posted. Her face is smaller and has a much more different structure. Her mouth, nose, eyes, cheekbones, chin, basically the whole head is just different. Not even a passing similarity to the rest of the asari.

That works!

Yeah, they all do look super similar, like they only made really minor changes to their skin patterns and...that's about it. I'll say it again, it's another piece of evidence that they bit off far more than they could chew with this game and had to cut a lot of corners to get it out the door without insane delays/budget overruns : /

Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    What crazy mods and combinations have you tried?
    N7 Valkyrie rifle, with Sticky Grenade mod is amazing, and the Heat Inducer mod which makes it deal 25% more damage when using Inferno Ammo. I save this gun for armored foes, like Fiends, Nullifiers, or Berserkers.

N7 Eagle pistol, with Electric Current mod, and Shield Breaker mod. Deals crazy damage to shields and synthetic enemies. I save this one for remnant enemies, and enemies with kinetic barriers.

Isharay Sniper Rifle, with Vintage Heat Sink, Battlefield Optimizer (Makes it so that if your health and shields are at max, it deals 20% more damage. Mix this with tactical cloak, and you can oneshot most enemies even on hardcore).

N7 Crusader Shotgun. I've tried different combinations on this thing, originally used Seeking Plasma mod, and it used to work well, but now it takes almost 5 shots to down something, so I'm currently experimenting to see which one works best. My next experiment is Energy Beam to see how it works out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of loot, what weapons are ya'll using? As a biotic, my Ryder uses a Predator pistol and Pathfinder(?)assault rifle. I've been trying to make the Remnant P.A.W but I'm always missing this or that material and then forgetting and using materials for something else etc. What crazy mods and combinations have you tried?
    Playing a Biotic (Pull / Throw combo is the best) and I just use a PAW. I didn't use any crazy augments, important was the one that lets you use 4 mods on the weapon, other 3 were just increasing damage and whatnot.

As much as I love this game, I don't think its gonna live down this meme any time soon. Damn you Addison....... damn you.....

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Disciple shotgun with electric current and melee enhancements + my Krogan Hammer lovingly named "The Wrex". That's it. I spend fights ping ponging around with charge as a Vanguard. My hammer is my "Piece of home". I bash everything with it, fiends included. I love my hammer. I wish melee had more than 1 animation though; but I'm still not tired of double team hammering with Drack. Not sure I ever will be.

Yeah, that line (and the accompanying animations) is a special kind of bad. I think it will be looked back on a bit more fondly in the "so bad it's good" way years down the road, but for now it's bad in the not-so-good way.

I really have to wonder how that line made it past any script reviews or how the voice actress didn't read it once and flat out tell the recording team she wasn't going to read something so stupid. It's mind boggling how some of these seemingly obviously terrible lines/ideas make it into games, sometimes.

Deleted
    Nope, Peebee doesn't look anywhere near that image I posted. Her face is smaller and has a much more different structure. Her mouth, nose, eyes, cheekbones, chin, basically the whole head is just different. Not even a passing similarity to the rest of the asari.
    come one, peebee´s face is the first manly asari face

10+ Year Old Account
    They drop some stuff, but I didn't get any weapons or armor from them. The only thing I remembered getting was disappointment. Especially since the Dragons in DA:I dropped good, rare loot.

I dunno, haven't used any wacky mods (and I'm only playing at normal difficulty, I'll up it next play through whenever that is) but I had an electric mod on my carnifex that made it worse?

Like, I put the mod in, thinking "this'll be cool." And suddenly I could not headshot unarmored, unshielded Kett. Unmodded, I could head shot them all day.

Anyways, I've been using the N7 Hurricane (mostly because it was one of my favorite ME3 weapons,) the Carnifex, and the Isharay Sniper Rifle. Nothing special, but it works.

I also like using the Disciple or the Talon at short range.

Asari sword for melee.

Oh, and playing an Infiltrator playstyle. Energy Drain, Incinerate, Tactical Cloak.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2017-03-30 at 06:44 PM.
    Putin khuliyo