Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They are also associated with the mainstream right, so you are not far off branding everyone on the right as far right.

From the BBC...

- EU renegotiation with Brussels followed by a referendum
    - 15,000 new police and 40,000 new prison places
    - 35-hour working week and retirement age fixed at 60
    - Legal immigration cut to 10,000 per year
    - Automatic expulsion of undocumented immigrants
    - Priority for French nationals in social housing

Nothing particularly controversial there. Strict immigration, law and order, making sure France prioritises French nationals, typical workshy French employment practices.
    Populism, nationalism, protectionism, Authoritarian. I'm not seeing the moderate part here. Coming from a person who votes for a nationalist right party.

I dare to pet that the working week promise is tied into removal of immigrants, hell i dare it put money on that's linked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Most of those are about nationalism, and the national security issue could easily be based on Islamophobia or just plain xenophobia.
    National security - that could be anything
    Job market - employment
    Infrastucture & welfare state usage - public spending

Not sure where you are getting nationalism from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Spreading fake news does affect the outcome.
    Well we don't need Russia for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I dare to pet that the working week promise is tied into removal of immigrants, hell i dare it put money on that's linked.
    35 hours per week is what we have right now, so yeah ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Populism, nationalism, protectionism, Authoritarian. I'm not seeing the moderate part here. Coming from a person who votes for a nationalist right party.
    I would place those squarely into right wing populism, possibly somewhat impractical (which populist policies have a tendency to be), but not far right.

My guess would be French labour markets, they have always had a reputation like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    35 hours per week is what we have right now, so yeah ..
    I was assuming it was tied to a reduction since other nations have longer weeks. However still betting on that their other promises are tied to immigration.

Deleted
    I was assuming it was tied to a reduction since other nations have longer weeks. However still betting on that their other promises are tied to immigration.
    Not realy, it is more focused on leaving the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Judging by all the brainwashed fools I see every day, I think it definitely had an impact on the election.
    If people are "brainwashed" then I'm sure they were brainwashed long before Russia had any opportunity to brainwash them. The operational scale required to pull off what would be required to covertly and significantly influence a presidential election in the United States is absolutely massive. If Russia actually figured out a way to change the minds of millions of American's on who they voted for then they deserve to rule the world. But let's be real. There's no fucking way a few fake news articles had that much of an impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Well we don't need Russia for that.
    But they sure love to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Got to love how the right-wingers on this forum are alright with enabling the forces that want to see Western influence in the world crumble.

Half of you should get jailed for treason.
    Did you get bored of being an anarchist? Or is anarchy somehow supposed to strengthen Western influence on the world?

Deleted
    Ah you mean that bullshit of me knowing what it was like in former USSR states due to relatives and people i know? You mean i should deny those realities?

Am i doing it right now?

Oh wait let me start signing this.

How about now?

Now its' on you with your "bullshit" to explain to me how the current Russian government is a good thing for the European, how they are a good influence. Go on i'm waiting or can you only disagree and not provide examples in between childish insults?
    USSR?! The hell has the USSR to do with this? Deny those realities? The fuck has that to do with the ridiculous claim that russia (lol) is infiltrating French elections.

What kind of question are you asking me? How the current Russian government is a good thing for the EU? How is that related to ANYTHING?

You seem to be pretty confused.

The claim is that russia is influencing the elections. We have 3 candidates in France, 2 are going through scandals. They're both against that ridiculous US fed antirussian propaganda.
    Let's put it this way, if Russia is behind the election in France they're doing a piss poor job.

Just look at what's happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Don't worry, your Putin won't get what he wants in France.

- - - Updated - - -

Spreading fake news does affect the outcome.
    Who gives a flying fuck about Putin? What about what French people actually want?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Pendulum swinging naturally back to the right? Nope... not possible, it must be those evil russian hackers. Yes, that's the only logical explanation.

/s
    Trying to be sarcastic doesn't work out for you, it would require the opposite being something smart. Sorry buddy, you can try again, but look at the Russian credits to the FN campaign before you do. There it is on paper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Got to love how the right-wingers on this forum are alright with enabling the forces that want to see Western influence in the world crumble.

Half of you should get jailed for treason.
    Keep that shit in the USA. We don't need that in here thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Trying to be sarcastic doesn't work out for you, it would require the opposite being something smart. Sorry buddy, you can try again, but look at the Russian credits to the FN campaign before you do. There it is on paper.
    Of course. It's Putin. It's all about Putin.

Some of you guys watched too many marvel movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    They are Dutch or Belgian. Though they also claimed to be British recently, so they may be from Botswana by now.

Deleted
    They are Dutch or Belgian. Though they also claimed to be British recently, so they may be from Botswana by now.
    One world maaaan

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Of course. It's Putin. It's all about Putin.

Some of you guys watched too many marvel movies.
    I didn't say it was about Putin, I said Russian (state) banks bankroll the FN campaign and this thread is about Russia.

Oh, really? (surpirsed face)

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say it was about Putin, I said Russian (state) banks bankroll the FN campaign and this thread is about Russia.
    Is bankroll the right word? They lent FN money, but that is because FN could not get anyone else to lend to them, bankroll tends to infer they are subsidising them.

Deleted
    Perhaps, if French banks didn't deny her the money to fund her elections she wouldnt have needed to go elsewhere.
    Ah snap, didn't think of that one no?

National security - that could be anything
    Job market - employment
    Infrastucture & welfare state usage - public spending

Not sure where you are getting nationalism from.
    Since such things seem to be targeted towards Muslims, and the trend is to push back against Muslims, that should also be taken into account. Yes, the desire to limit immigration means that people don't want to have to share their country with outsiders.