Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It isn't if we go back to the most recent "major patch", 6.2, we can compare.

6.2: New zone
    Shipyard (count as 0.5 since it was just basically revamped table)
    14 boss raid
    Bonus events(i.e timewalking etc)
    Legendary quest chain finale (which could be started immediately)

Not counting the adventure guide and addition of mythic dungeons, these are barely worth anything in the form of content

7.2: New zone
    New dungeon
    Story quests (90%) gated
    Pet battle dungeon (counting as 0.5, same reason as shipyard)

Don't know but if you think 7.2 is the biggest patch ever, think again. I just compared it to one of the most content starved major patches (if we exclude 6.1 and 2.2) and it still falls short.

3.1-3.3, 4.2, 5.2, 5.4 were all bigger patches and brought innovative things. 5.4 had timeless isle only, but it was innovative, broken shore is pretty much more of the same shit.

Im ready for your arguments bro, im ready. Bring on your relentless discussion!
    It's not the biggest but they are releasing content faster in smaller chunks rather than putting 6 months between each patch now. In about 2 months the raid will release along with numerous additions to 7.2.5. The content from 7.1.5 is still relevant right now as well. 7.2 is similar to the Karazhan Patch that included the Trials of Valor raid.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted

6.2: New zone
    Shipyard (count as 0.5 since it was just basically revamped table)
    14 boss raid
    Bonus events(i.e timewalking etc)
    Legendary quest chain finale (which could be started immediately)

Not counting the adventure guide and addition of mythic dungeons, these are barely worth anything in the form of content

7.2: New zone
    New dungeon
    Story quests (90%) gated
    Pet battle dungeon (counting as 0.5, same reason as shipyard)

Don't know but if you think 7.2 is the biggest patch ever, think again. I just compared it to one of the most content starved major patches (if we exclude 6.1 and 2.2) and it still falls short.

3.1-3.3, 4.2, 5.2, 5.4 were all bigger patches and brought innovative things. 5.4 had timeless isle only, but it was innovative, broken shore is pretty much more of the same shit.

Im ready for your arguments bro, im ready. Bring on your relentless discussion!
    Where's the revamped heroics/Mythics/Mythic+/World invasion/New reputation/New raid

"Not counting the adventure guide and addition of mythic dungeons, these are barely worth anything in the form of content"
    That's fucking laughable. Dungeons were always abandoned 1 tier in because of how shit and horrible gear they provided, now it's suddenly not any form of content?

You have no right to complain that there's no content when you refuse to consume the content given. Period.

!
    It's a fact, developers themselves said so. You can argue with it all you like.

Approach it the smart way, wait for AK to increase, while waiting do stuff you were doing before they dropped 7.2

My next one is 29 million and probably will take a week to get. No biggie. Same shit happened with original artifact and AK, I didn't even bother with AP until I was at 24 AK.

It is a gating mechanism, will take 45 days to reach AK 35 and be 10X more AP than AK 26. In another 45 days be at AK 44 and 10x more than AK 35.

Look at how this will impact alts, in 90 days you probably have 40 in your artifact weapon the same day you get it

I fucked up this post, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    So that's half of a trait for 1 week of content.

You see nothing wrong with that?

Might as well wait 4 days and do these raids with AK27 on Sunday.
    Yeah but if you were at 54 you got a headstart and unlocked 3 and a quarter new traits. You aren't starting where you're supposed to start.

Also most of my guild is 41 traits by now working on getting their new gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's a fact, developers themselves said so. You can argue with it all you like.
    A certain developer also said 6.1 was a MAJOR patch. You can argue with it all you like.

If you can't see through PR talk, im done discussing with you.

"developers said so" isn't a valid argument. It's an argument based on authority. There's a name for those type of arguments but I dont know the word for it in english

15+ Year Old Account
    I fucked up this post, move along.
    They are major patches. I never said otherwise. They just don't contain a raid like previous expansions. Those seem to be reserved for the dot patches now as they build the storyline for it. So now we're seeing a patch about every 3 months which helps pace things better.

It keeps people subscribed as well so they don't burst the content in 3 weeks, quit for 5 months, come back, rinse and repeat.

The content not including a raid is still more than most dot patches we saw in the past. I feel like if there isn't a raid people won't acknowledge it as a major patch. Content is content regardless of whether you are interested in it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A certain developer also said 6.1 was a MAJOR patch. You can argue with it all you like.

If you can't see through PR talk, im done discussing with you.

"developers said so" isn't a valid argument. It's an argument based on authority. There's a name for those type of arguments but I dont know the word for it in english
    6.1 being called a major patch, doesn't relate to the amount of content it brought with it. Duh.

If YOU can't tell the difference between a patch being called "major" due to its number, and developers working on it saying that a patch contains the most content of any patch to date, what use is there to even try?

The devs also said later on that "calling 6.1 a major patch was "wrong". You won't see anyone retract the objective statement on the amount of content 7.2 brings. Gated? Yes, but it'll still be part of THIS patch. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They are major patches. I never said otherwise. They just don't contain a raid like previous expansions. Those seem to be reserved for the dot patches now as they build the storyline for it. So now we're seeing a patch about every 3 months which helps pace things better.

It keeps people subscribed as well so they don't burst the content in 3 weeks, quit for 5 months, come back, rinse and repeat.

The content not including a raid is still more than most dot patches we saw in the past. I feel like if there isn't a raid people won't acknowledge it as a major patch. Content is content regardless of whether you are interested in it.
    Exactly. People like to hone in on 1 aspect of the game, and the rest to them becomes "non-content" since they themselves aren't interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    I did the 7.2 intro quests and 26AK research.

Then there seems nothing to do. My next artefact trait costs 22 million. At AK26 it's insanely a lot to grind.
    So i guess i will wait at leas till AK27-AK28 (10 days of doing nothing)

Or am i missing something?
    Insanely lot?

Lol, green artifact items give you 200k, blue items give 400-500k, raid items give 500k, honor reward gives 500k, rated bg gives 1.6m. It's really easy to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Where's the revamped heroics/Mythics/Mythic+/World invasion/New reputation/New raid

"Not counting the adventure guide and addition of mythic dungeons, these are barely worth anything in the form of content"
    That's fucking laughable. Dungeons were always abandoned 1 tier in because of how shit and horrible gear they provided, now it's suddenly not any form of content?
    The adventure guide added NOTHING. Adding an extra difficulty on a abandoned feature is also not new content, just bigger numbers.

Also I'll debunk every "where is" for you:

- Revamped heroics/mythics/mythic +: Same reason as why I didn't count mythic dungeons for WoD, adding another difficulty by increasing numbers is not new content. ( I guess you're talking about them making the existing dungeons X% harder)
    - World invasion: Was already in 7.0 prepatch. It's not new, we've already seen it. It's just in a different location.
    - New reputation: Not really worth calling content, but if you do: 6.2 had multiple reputations added (4 or so I believe)
    - New raid: Not out yet, not out for at least 2 months. So probably not part of this patch. More likely 7.2.5 Like NH was 7.1.5.

It's not the biggest but they are releasing content faster in smaller chunks rather than putting 6 months between each patch now. In about 2 months the raid will release along with numerous additions to 7.2.5. The content from 7.1.5 is still relevant right now as well. 7.2 is similar to the Karazhan Patch that included the Trials of Valor raid.
    I know that's their plan, but the content they release is too little and too far inbetween. 7.1 was november, we got 3 bosses a month or so later. 10 boss raid a month later, then 2 months later a zone and a dungeon.

Deleted
    6.1 being called a major patch, doesn't relate to the amount of content it brought.

If YOU can't tell the difference between a patch being called "major" due to its number, and developers working on it saying that a patch contains the most content of any patch to date, what use is there to even try?
    Well TBF devs are not going to say "It doesn't have as many features" after saying Legion will be the biggest XD

The issue isn't 7.2 not having features but more that said features won't be available for 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well TBF devs are not going to say "It doesn't have as many features" after saying Legion will be the biggest XD

The issue isn't 7.2 not having features but more that said features won't be available for 2 months
    One can argue the gating of the content separate, but the gating of it doesn't make it "not part of 7.2".

6.1 being called a major patch, doesn't relate to the amount of content it brought with it. Duh.

The devs also said later on that "calling 6.1 a major patch was "wrong". You won't see anyone retract the objective statement on the amount of content 7.2 brings. Gated? Yes, but it'll still be part of THIS patch. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. People like to hone in on 1 aspect of the game, and the rest to them becomes "non-content" since they themselves aren't interested in it.
    I don't even do all the things I listed so the last point doesn't go for me.
    Wording. Wording. Wording.
    Who says they don't just call it major this time just because it's the X.2 patch?
    They said "biggest patch evur" about 6.2 as well. It wasn't. It was just PR talk.
    Still waiting for you to take an attempt at debunking my comparision with valid arguments

15+ Year Old Account
    The adventure guide added NOTHING. Adding an extra difficulty on a abandoned feature is also not new content, just bigger numbers.

Also I'll debunk every "where is" for you:

- Revamped heroics/mythics/mythic +: Same reason as why I didn't count mythic dungeons for WoD, adding another difficulty by increasing numbers is not new content. ( I guess you're talking about them making the existing dungeons X% harder)
    - World invasion: Was already in 7.0 prepatch. It's not new, we've already seen it. It's just in a different location.
    - New reputation: Not really worth calling content, but if you do: 6.2 had multiple reputations added (4 or so I believe)
    - New raid: Not out yet, not out for at least 2 months. So probably not part of this patch. More likely 7.2.5 Like NH was 7.1.5.

I know that's their plan, but the content they release is too little and too far inbetween. 7.1 was november, we got 3 bosses a month or so later. 10 boss raid a month later, then 2 months later a zone and a dungeon.
    There's a zone, dungeon, revamped Mythic dungeons, pet battle dungeon, invasions, etc. A lot of stuff is for more casual players I guess. It just may not interest you. Honestly it doesn't necessarily interest me that much but I can see that there's content available if I choose to pursue it. If you're an alt person it adds a lot of stuff for you to do including catch up. You just have to get past the idea of grinding AP.

Deleted
    One can argue the gating of the content separate, but the gating of it doesn't make it "not part of 7.2".
    I agree but when people are complaining about 7.2 they're usually complaining about it as it is now and you must admit unless you're alting the current gated content alone won't grip you beyond an hour or two everyday

I don't even do all the things I listed so the last point doesn't go for me.
    Wording. Wording. Wording.
    Who says they don't just call it major this time just because it's the X.2 patch?
    They said "biggest patch evur" about 6.2 as well. It wasn't. It was just PR talk.
    Still waiting for you to take an attempt at debunking my comparision with valid arguments
    No use arguing with someone who considers content he's not interest in to "not be content".

Again, the additions and features of this patch are all out there for you to see. Developers said this is the biggest patch they've put out to date, and I'm more inclined to believe them for what they've done so far with Legion over randoms on the web.

There's a zone, dungeon, revamped Mythic dungeons, pet battle dungeon, invasions, etc. A lot of stuff is for more casual players I guess. It just may not interest you. Honestly it doesn't necessarily interest me that much but I can see that there's content available if I choose to pursue it. If you're an alt person it adds a lot of stuff for you to do including catch up. You just have to get past the idea of grinding AP.
    Why are you brushing it off on me as "im not interested in it" ? I listed a reason for every point you made and you chose to ignore them?
    Also alt stuff: How much of it did 7.2 add? All that was already in at launch. We're talking 7.2 here, hence the title of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

No use arguing with someone who considers content he's not interest in to "not be content".

Again, the additions and features of this patch are all out there for you to see. Developers said this is the biggest patch they've put out to date, and I'm more inclined to believe them for what they've done so far with Legion over randoms on the web.
    I don't even "DO" half of the stuff I even listed. I listed literally every thing the patch brought. Things that already existed, but are just relocated are not new content. I don't raid, I don't care about the timwalking and other bonus events, yet I listed them.
    You don't even have to "believe a random on the web". Go see for yourself. Compare the shit that 7.2 has out right now and compare that to any other major patch. Spoiler: It has less than every one of them.

Why are you brushing it off on me as "im not interested in it" ? I listed a reason for every point you made and you chose to ignore them?
    Also alt stuff: How much of it did 7.2 add? All that was already in at launch. We're talking 7.2 here, hence the title of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even "DO" half of the stuff I even listed. I listed literally every thing the patch brought. Things that already existed, but are just relocated are not new content. I don't raid, I don't care about the timwalking and other bonus events, yet I listed them.
    You don't even have to "believe a random on the web". Go see for yourself. Compare the shit that 7.2 has out right now and compare that to any other major patch. Spoiler: It has less than every one of them.
    Once more since it seems hard pressed to stick; Gating does not change the contents involved in the patch.
    People being that short-sighted would explain a lot though. They'll simply have to wait.