Poll: Will you unsub WoW with ilvl scaling?

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh no... one less keyholding lfr hero for people to carry through M+.

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    So I went to do world quests today and I found that mobs I use to be able to solo (barely at times) I can no longer solo....

This is when I found the discussions regarding ilvl scaling. My jaw dropped... I thought blizz once said this wouldn't happen. It shouldn't happen in my opinion.

It's been a good run. But it's over. Don't even want to finish my sub time but my guild is hurting for bodies in raid. Guess I'll play it out until Tomb.

Just wondering if others are feeling similarly.

Hardly an impressive unsub. Your current sub expire June 29, meaning you either have the three month recurring which you renewed yesterday before "unsubbing" or the longer term ones. I am guessing three month recurring since it expires in exactly three months...plenty of time for you to re-sub, if you have not already after taking the screenshot.

If anything, this makes me want to play more. I actually get to play my class somewhat doing world content now, rather than just one shotting everything. Great change imo.

No I have been able to solo elite WQ for quite some time thanks to me grinding my gear. Now I cannot. Yes, a 44 million health mob is now 55 million health for me. I'm at 902 ilvl.
    What time of day do you play? I cannot think of the last time I was at a world quest and there was nobody else around. Only ones I can really think of are the gathering profession ones.

I never noticed tbh and I still solo elites while staying in resto form because it's fun even though it takes a few minutes. I shouldn't have to swap to boomkin to clear content and luckily still don't have to.
    "He tasks me! He tasks me, and I shall have him!"--Khan Noonien Singh

Even thought it was nerfed again - it never should have been there in the first place. Scaling by player level is OK, but what's the point of getting better gear if everything just keeps getting harder? Lol.

I could see them making Broken Shore mobs tougher than on the main isle since it's "new content", but that's about it.

I see reading comprehension i still a struggle in most of the western world.

It's the fact they did it period that has me so "triggered" whatever that means.
    Triggered so hard.

So I went to do world quests today and I found that mobs I use to be able to solo (barely at times) I can no longer solo....

This is when I found the discussions regarding ilvl scaling. My jaw dropped... I thought blizz once said this wouldn't happen. It shouldn't happen in my opinion.

It's been a good run. But it's over. Don't even want to finish my sub time but my guild is hurting for bodies in raid. Guess I'll play it out until Tomb.

No. I am not bad at the game. It is good that you quit because now there is less dead weight around to carry. I am glad you came to this realisation because if you could barely kill stuff before then it should have been easier for you. But now you have outed yourself as just shit at the game and everyone is happy that you are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Hardly an impressive unsub. Your current sub expire June 29, meaning you either have the three month recurring which you renewed yesterday before "unsubbing" or the longer term ones. I am guessing three month recurring since it expires in exactly three months...plenty of time for you to re-sub, if you have not already after taking the screenshot.
    Yea I've been on a sub for years. The dates are a coincidence. I had no idea when the sub even starts or ends. Been active for many years. But no. If this change persists I will not be resubbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    literally one of the last thing I care in a video game, have you noticed that there's nice music sometimes and impressive architecture in video games ?

Do people just quit the game but want to justify it with [Insert random in game feature/change]?

Because half of the reasons I see are the most pointless things.
    You couldn't solo a mob? Maybe you should try pressing buttons.

If I didn't read this forum I wouldn't even notice difference.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Do people just quit the game but want to justify it with [Insert random in game feature/change]?

Because half of the reasons I see are the most pointless things.
    You couldn't solo a mob? Maybe you should try pressing buttons.
    It's not because I can't solo a mob. It's because they made the change. Not being able to solo a mob I use to be able to is what led me to learn that they made the change as stated in my OP.

But you are right this may just be a tipping point for me. But it's a landslide one for me. This is something they said they wouldn't do. They did it without even announcing it. Wonder why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see reading comprehension i still a struggle in most of the western world.

It's the fact they did it period that has me so "triggered" whatever that means.
    You say it like they had some nefarious reasoning behind doing it. It was literally because they didn't want everything in the world basically getting one shot as our gears gets even higher (remember that ToS is the second tier out of 3, and we don't even have access to it yet).

Blizzard is just dumb and didn't realize that the player base would jump all over it, so they reverted it.

Deleted
    Well of course I did.
    I was having a nice time playing and then I read this post and I was like: "They did what?!?" "No no no, this can't be tolerated!"
    "I am not playing this game anymore!" "This is preposterous!"

Quite possibly the most pathetic thread title I've read on these forums, congratulations.

no "lol" option.. poll disappoints

Playing with other players in an MMO. What a novel idea.

On another note you know you can just take off a ring and get back to how things used to be? In your case probably just auto-attacking mobs to death.
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2017-03-30 at 08:12 PM.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's a pretty nebulous open-ended question.

To be completely fair, there isn't an "acceptable threshold" for unsubbing since each situation which causes somebody to unsub is going to be different. I suppose the cynicism in that reply is fueled more by the recent surge in inflammatory rhetoric and the crowd mentality around here that literally anything Blizzard does which is met with even the slightest amount of scrutiny is now grounds to terminate your subscription. Like really, why should random internet strangers give a flying fuck about what you do with your subscription? You can dislike a change but I don't see threads like this being particularly productive for much more than providing yet another echo chamber of negativity for players who feel slighted by Blizzard for the most inconsequential changes they make.
    Agreed, I don't think anyone here is any better for having seen this thread. The reason I asked was specifically because of the way you addressed his issue. It sounded like you were saying quitting over this particular thing was not worth it. In my mind, anything that makes the game unenjoyable is worth quitting over (although not worth posting a shitty MMO thread). Just curious.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Bad news they reverted the changes a day before your post. You should definitely quit over a feature they rolled out then removed before you experienced it.
    They didn't remove it, they just reduced the magnitude that it scales. You are still better off vendoring a ring, questing and then buying it back when you are finished.