Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    It's worded in a weird way on purpose in my opinion,
    The Basic attack is indeed the bite etc. and that's stupid, because the bite/smack/claw is yellow damage and we learn from lvl 1 onwards that yellow = special damage.

So basically what you're saying is the pet's "basic attack" doesn't synergize with DF and shouldn't be picked?

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I care so little bout the BM guide/spec that I went out of my way to put new information in it. :thinking:

I have no problems with BM, get a grip pls. If you have a problem with something the guide says, maybe bring up something I can work with. "Waaaa he bashed me like 6 months ago or something". xd
    Yeah yeah, who cares about what they say. I see the BM guide updated frequently. That's not what i'm here for though, just wanted to know if/when the new trinkets from Cathedral will be in the sims. Just need to know if the place is worth keystone farming. Haven't really heard anything about them (I know the patch just released.)

Hey azor, thanks for the constany updated guide. I also appreciate that you've grown to be more mature and shrug off comments/attacks in recent memory. With age you start to give less of a damn about arguing with people in circles about trivial things.
    One suggestion, you should update your guide with some recommended talent specs and strategies for each figbt on mythic. I consistently parse in the 90% range on mythic (and 99% on heroic) but would really like to know what i need to do to get over that hump and compete for 100%.
    Last edited by HappyLuckBox; 2017-03-30 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    So basically what you're saying is the pet's "basic attack" doesn't synergize with DF and shouldn't be picked?
    If you are concerned with max AoE output, you will take DF and BS. Them having synergy or not, both are best options in that tier for AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you are concerned with max AoE output, you will take DF and BS. Them having synergy or not, both are best options in that tier for AoE.
    Actually my guild is working on Krosus progression and I'm running with BF, so it's the complete opposite of AoE. Was just doing some theorycrafting to see what I can squeeze out of the dps meters! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Inerras View Post
    Well, even with boots and shoulders, looks like kill command has been buffed so much by new trait points that it's back to bestial fury/killer cobra instead of OwtP/AotB. Also looks like dire frenzy is the way to go for st, Titan's thunder interaction has been fixed. WotC still sims slightly higher than Dire stable for me. Sims now telling me agi>mastery>haste with crit way down since I'd be dropping OwtP.

I wonder if bracers>boots with this build once we get thunderslash...
    You really work better now with BW/KC than Owtp/aotb??? Also got mantle+boots, and all this wildcall proccs are really sweet, so I can't imagine to handle killer cobra again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Not saying r wrong but I thought stomp + blink strikes was the best for aoe? how come df is better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    Not saying r wrong but I thought stomp + blink strikes was the best for aoe? how come df is better now?
    Stomp is better for targets that live an incredibly short amount of time. Overall if you combine the fact that DF absolutely shits on Stomp on ST and is better for sustained(+10s) AoE, DF is the clear winner.

5 Target AoE, 400s/20% var, 3103031 vs 3203031 talents, no BM specific legendaries

Patchwerk 400s/20% var, 2202012 vs 2102012, no BM specific legendaries

DF has also the added benefit of scaling off Wild Call resets, additional Dire beasts are just additive damage. Additional DF are exponential damage through higher uptime on the attack speed buff and increased stacks. Especially with Shoulders(which I don't have Q_Q) this becomes a massive DPS boost to overlap DF so that you get 3 stacks of attack speed for CDs/Damage phases/AoE.

Overall gap will just get bigger once you unlock Thunderslash as it benefits greatly from increased attack speed for ST and AoE(yes, the thing is cleave automatically).
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2017-03-31 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    For me, I can confirm that DF beats Stomp on Multi-Target for every Fight longer then 10s for quite some time. I always thought this might be due to the leggy ring which buffs pet damage by 5%, but maybe it's that way in general.

Nevertheless, as Tehterokkar pointed out, DF will be even better with Thunderslash (I fear they might nerf the automatic cleave QQ) and has now a build in charge for the pet, which helps greatly with pet mobility (not with stupid Hati though QQ).

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo basically once I get shoulders+CoF with Thunderslash, DF will reign superior on most raid bosses? Also, assuming stomp will still be better for mythic+?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Sooo basically once I get shoulders+CoF with Thunderslash, DF will reign superior on most raid bosses? Also, assuming stomp will still be better for mythic+?
    Stomp will not be superior in any situation. It will be a dead talent.

Learn to play with DF, as it is significantly harder to play with than Stomp since you get all of the focus up-front rather than over 8s, so focus capping can become an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmane View Post
    You really work better now with BW/KC than Owtp/aotb??? Also got mantle+boots, and all this wildcall proccs are really sweet, so I can't imagine to handle killer cobra again.
    Unfortunately yes, but only because I grabbed the additional Pack Leader and Jaws of Thunder points. This boosted kill command damage so much and left the bestial ferocity dot in the dust. Add to that the dire frenzy fix which works well with bestial fury, plus OwtP doesn't play well with dire frenzy because of all the focus overcapping.

Because of how good dire frenzy is now, OwtP/AotB might still be behind even if you went for the new traits first instead of PL/JoT. Also consider the lower focus cost of cobra shot now, even without the belt. This makes killer cobra even more appealing.
    Last edited by Inerras; 2017-04-02 at 04:40 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info.. been running df/bf.. everywhere single target thro the roof.. burst aoe way up and aoe in general on par with stomp/bs that i was running (in m+) pre patch.

For the 42 talent are you guys going for cobra commander or kill command talents? maybe aotw talent is very strong now also

Question about running CoF + Bracers + Thunderslash for BM.

My AotW comes down to ~45s. I don't have shoulders, sometimes I get bad luck with BW resets and AotW is ready but BW is like 15 seconds away.

Should I always delay AotW until BW?

So I just got the apex predators claw on my hunter and I saw that we should switch our pet to tenacity for the charge and all but my question is do you leave the tenacity ability thunderstomp on or turn it off autocast for max dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    DF doesnt do a flurry of 5 basic attacks, it is it's own skill. It does 5 DF attacks, that is why BS doesnt affect DF.

Tehterokkar,
    thx for pointing out that DF does more AoE dmg than Stomp. I always forget that DF also increases atk spd by 42%/stack (thus increasing Beast Cleave dmg), probably because I used it only rarely in 7.1.5.

I tested Thunderslash today on dummies (the small ones that are tightly packed together at Hunter's Lodge) to see if the trait does AoE dmg or not, and it really does, though in a small area. Not sure what the area really is, other people said it's a small cone in front.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    So I just got the apex predators claw on my hunter and I saw that we should switch our pet to tenacity for the charge and all but my question is do you leave the tenacity ability thunderstomp on or turn it off autocast for max dps?
    Correct. Turn off Thunderstomp. The focus will do better damage as bite/claw.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

@Azor, sorry if this has been addressed before, but I just recently started playing BM over the other 2 specs and saw something that appears conflicting on icy-veins. I have the shoulders (7 in and finally got a biS for a spec), and in your guide under rotations it mentions One with the Pack being the better choice with shoulders and tier, yet in talent selection it states that in 7.2 Bestial Fury is a better choice even with shoulders. I don't run sims or anything and usually rely on your guides or things I pick up from other Hunters in my guild that they hear on Discord. Just wondering which is actually the better talent choice.

Interesting to see if Azor will start giving a shit about BM now that it's significantly ahead of MM in every single target fight in NH.