Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This whole communal effort thing just doesn't work. Why put in any effort when you can just be a free rider?
    Because some people actually enjoy playing the game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    its utterly miserable for one reason.
    there's like 10 horde vs 500 alliance. In fairness its not the alliance on outland that are being a problem
    there just seems so many servers linked now (Russian) etc. I've been playing since 2006 so you can imagine the cost of moving them all over
    but decided its time to move to a pve server. So far this patch is either playing really early in the morning or the dead of night
    It´s the same for me only with that many horde chars against a few alliance. All i see is orange orange and orange (which makes tagging fun /s).

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Rare bosses drop an utterly negligible amount of currencies. And nothing else.
    Sentinax Beacon bosses drop... 20-30 Nethershards, and literally nothing else. I have to wonder the point of even doing them..

Being region-wide, your personal contributions to the buildings are infinitesimal.

The few gear tokens you extremely rarely find give 855 gear, pointless for anyone who isn't a freshly-levelled character. Maybe the epic ones do drop, but I have yet to see one, though anyone who raids heroic or higher already has better gear (normal too once the raid opens).

There don't seem to be any interesting rewards whatsoever. No mounts to earn, no cool mob drops, no novelty items. Hell, there's barely any achievements either. Your only reward each day seems be just tiny amounts of Nethershards.... The only items of any note are 1 or 2 toys and a tabard from the vendor, available to buy once you've slogged your way through an otherwise pointless grind (at a combined price of 42,000 Nethershards!).

I don't know. I guess I was just expecting it to be a little more interesting. Something more to earn besides just Nethershards (and in ridiculously small amounts at that). Something to do other than just... grinding Nethershards and War Supplies and reptuation. A quest and exploration-based meta achievement that rewards a mount & title or something...

It just feels a kind of stale.... There's no real personal or server progression. There's no real reward. There's no sense that you're actually contributing to the war effort. The world quests are generally unspectacular. Even Cataclysm's Molten Front was miles more interesting than this.

I just hope it becomes more engaging (and rewarding) when the buildings are complete.

How are you finding the Broken Shore?
    Outside of bringing a progressive story line, with a few items we have to farm for unlocks,
    This item is exactly what you stated. For new 110s. It's a catch up system. Same as the past few expacs. Not sure what you were actually expecting.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You are absolutely right. It's boring as shit.
    This.
    7.2 is just boring.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

We both know that you would whine about anything they could have possibly done.

Its not all bad at least the Wq's are new... Oh wait I did these same exact ones a day ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Not sure if genuine mis-spelling of "baiting" or an awesome double entendre.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I guess because every turn-in gets you rep (which you need for flying), AP, and a box containing gold, order resources, etc., chance at gear..

It's not like you're putting in "effort" just to help the community.
    Lol, sadly just typoed.

The terrain is both "been there, done that" literally, and also just looks like all the other "fel" areas we've grinded WQs through so far.

And absolutely, it's TI with all of the actual rewards gutting. To a really confusing extend. Yeah, I grinded pointless mobs over and over in TI, but I had a chance to get a rare pet or mount.
    There's absolutely nothing to collect in this zone.

I thought it felt insanely unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Because some people actually enjoy playing the game?
    But in that case the communal reward is unnecessary. That reward serves no good purpose.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    After half a day I could hardly find anything to do in this zone.
    Yeah it's pretty boring. It's great for alts, or if you wanted to change mains; but other than that, it's pretty lame. Timeless Isle was so much more fun. Tanaan was more fun. I do have hope though that they will continue to add stuff and when the buildings are actually up it should change up some stuff. But yeah, not impressed so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Rare bosses drop an utterly negligible amount of currencies. And nothing else.
    Strange I got my forth legendary from one rare today....
    Oh you just wanna bitch - gotcha!

Deleted
    But in that case the communal reward is unnecessary. That reward serves no good purpose.
    This is an mmo, it is good we see an actual group effort again.
    Whole WoD was based around the whole single player, everyone does their own garrison and nothing you did affected anyone else.
    The result? you barely saw anyone and might as well could play a single player game bar except for the raids.

Being rewarded for effort is the entire basis of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Being rewarded for effort is the entire basis of the game.
    So, you're agreeing with me?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Outside of bringing a progressive story line, with a few items we have to farm for unlocks,
    This item is exactly what you stated. For new 110s. It's a catch up system. Same as the past few expacs. Not sure what you were actually expecting.
    Well I can't help comparing it to the Molten Front and other similar zones. In Molten Front, there was a whole host of items like pets, toys and interesting trinkets to work towards, and multiple progression paths to do so. There was a mount & title to earn via achievements (and of course there was a mountain of achievements in general). There was a clear sense that the war effort was progressing by your actions.

And also importantly, Molten Front was filled with spectacular quests - hopping accross collapsing rocks to reach an island, and launching yourself up the mountain with super jumps, and then heading out for a bombing run on the back of a blazing firehawk. Charging through walls of fire to reach a miniboss, then falling through the floor into a cavern for even more quests. Fighting spiders on top of the spires, tricking them into pulling you up just to climb higher.

I guess I was expecting it to be fun. Something more to do than just grind currencies for empty progress and fleeting gear.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-03-30 at 11:56 PM.

I feel they time gated the content on purpose because people were complaining they had too much to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I love the broken shore. Tons to do there.

Here is my daily routien:

1) get all world quests done when I get home from work

2) farm nethershards for about an hour

3) kill rares and look for treasures on the island

Takes total time of about 1-2 hours.

Did people expect to be spending 6-7 hours a day there? Even the timeless isle and thunder isle in Mop people only spent an hour or two max a day there.

More baseless whine for baseless whine sake.
    Wrong. Spent hours farming Huolon

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    He's bating. It's what he does.
    And seems to be a master at it....

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Jaylock is the infamous uh. *word that can't be mentioned* of the forums. He picks the position of whatever most people aren't a part of and pretends to like it. Been doing it since forever.
    Or he is actually right for a change that different people can find different things fun.

The problem is typically that a person with one belief refuses to accept anything but their own preferences, and even demands that anything which isn't theirs gets removed.

If it weren't for that there could be more acceptance of opposing views on what a player finds enjoyable or not.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-31 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Week 2 (next week): Legion Assaults begin, first PvP Brawl becomes available
    Week 3: Chapter 5 of the Class Order Hall campaign unlocks, which activates new followers, new Order Hall upgrades, and class-specific World Quests

I honestly think that there's nothing to really do until then. Just make sure your character is ready and do the content available this week, which should be achievable in a few hours.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..