Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Isn't soda water just carbonated water with no flavor though? Or people actually use that term when referring to coke or flavored soda?
    Soda is that indeed. But people in Texas, particularly East Texas refer to carbonated drinks as "soda water". Some call simply "coke" or soda or pop.
    Watch rent video I linked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds absolutely horrible. Luckily in won't happen voluntarily any time soon.

No. Let's make a United States of "<Insert Cool Name Here>" encompassing the USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    If a united Europe is to rise, we need to do more shit together. We need a bit army. More focus on each other. And we need a European President.
    Presidential elections will put a lot of focus on what's going on in other countries. And get us feeling more like Europeans.
    Uh no, we do not want that kind of election carnival/mudslinging competition the US holds to elect their president, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Uh no, we do not want that kind of election carnival/mudslinging competition the US holds to elect their president, thank you very much.
    Signed so much my pen broke.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Hey, I'm not saying it's desirable. I'm saying it'd work to bring greater unity to Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Have you read any Scots? They have changed a few letters, added in some slang and claimed it is not English. You can understand 95% of it off the bat.
    Except its not the same with portuguese and spanish, Jesus, my mother doesn't understand spanish, and most spanish strugle really hard in understanding us. Anyway, there is another language that is closer to portuguese, the wiki article i linked says Castillan and Portuguese are sister languages, but it should state they cousin languages, not sister. The sister language of portuguese is Gallician, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galician_language .

Deleted
    Yes. Though no system like the US. That is one messed up system. I want a democratic system.

Also, english as common language. Only choice.

Also, i'd prefer if the newborn country was called EU. No, USE. That's too american.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Possibly, but it couldn't be as unified as some may want it. A lot of local autonomy would be necessary considering Europes vast cultural richness and diversity of languages. Several larger European states would also need to be divided somewhat to suite this, such as France (Brittany, Basque areas and Occitan areas) and then Spain (Basque, Galician, Catalonia, ect).
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    There is more to diversity than just language my friend.
    For Americans diversity means less white people. Diversity of culture, customs or ideas don't matter it seems.

Hey, I'm not saying it's desirable. I'm saying it'd work to bring greater unity to Europe.
    No, it wouldn't. The US system is flawed in its core design and right now only works to bring discord to the electorate.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Except its not the same with portuguese and spanish, Jesus, my mother doesn't understand spanish, and most spanish strugle really hard in understanding us. Anyway, there is another language that is closer to portuguese, the wiki article i linked says Castillan and Portuguese are sister languages, but it should state they cousin languages, not sister. The sister language of portuguese is Gallician, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galician_language .
    There can be dialects within a language that aren't mutually intelligible to one another. In Finnish for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rauma_dialect

It's very hard to understand.

"Kat ko kat kara rapui" in Rauma dialect is the same as "Katso, kun kissa juoksee portaita" in standard Finnish. "Look, a cat is running up the stairs" in English (roughly).

Now why it's hard for a standard Finnish speaker to understand that is not only the difference of the languages, but that "katkarapu" means a shrimp in Finnish. So it sounds like the Rauma dialect speaker is saying something about shrimps.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2017-03-31 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I believe we should have a united states of europe. But without the binary political system of the USA.

We should have a federal republic with many different parties who reflect many different interestst. With strong countries in the federation. And no powerful central government or even a president. The parliament should be the powerful part.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I believe we should have a united states of europe. But without the binary political system of the USA.

We should have a federal republic with many different parties who reflect many different interestst. With strong countries in the federation. And no powerful central government or even a president. The parliament should be the powerful part.
    We should not get ahead of ourselves, too. the EU is doing the job for the moment. And sooner or later we'll realise that it basically is a federal republic already and just have to rename it. What you propose is probably nearer to what we have currently than the EC communities were.

Bonding over shared disgust?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    For Americans diversity means less white people. Diversity of culture, customs or ideas don't matter it seems.
    Are Italian-Americans considered "white people"? How about Americans whose ancestors hail from Spain?

Are Italian-Americans considered "white people"? How about Americans whose ancestors hail from Spain?
    Americans apparently do not consider them "white", Europeans do. (In both cases.)
    At least that is how they get listed in statistics.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes? Why wouldn't they be? lol
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the EU was dissolved and a new government was created similar to the United States? One that united all of Europe under a single governmental umbrella with a single goal. Your citizenship would be toward this U.S.E. and not your current "state". Europe would have one military, one government, one border, etc...
    Would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Also, english as common language. Only choice.
    Less than 35% speak English in EU, so that is out of question.