Poll: Will you unsub WoW with ilvl scaling?

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the travesty it took you 2 extra seconds to kill a mob and instead of gathering 10 mobs you gathered 9! THE TRAVESTY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    I was doing WQ this morning when I noticed things were different. ( I changed the first line as people couldn't read past it)

This is when I found the discussions regarding ilvl scaling. My jaw dropped... I thought blizz once said this wouldn't happen. It shouldn't happen in my opinion.

It's been a good run. But it's over. Don't even want to finish my sub time but my guild is hurting for bodies in raid. Guess I'll play it out until Tomb.

Just wondering if others are feeling similarly.

edit: nice coincidence on the date.

old first line: So I went to do world quests today and I found that mobs I use to be able to solo (barely at times) I can no longer solo....
    My issue is how fucking shady they are about shit like this. If you have changed your mind... fine, explain your reasoning and people will either deal with it, or (in your case) not.

But this is a HUGE change to the game, and it was 100% ninja added. Why? What possible fucking reason could you have in NOT communicating this change to players. Not adding it on the PTR. You are purposely trying to deceive. Did they honestly think people wouldn't notice?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing WQ this morning when I noticed things were different. ( I changed the first line as people couldn't read past it)

This is when I found the discussions regarding ilvl scaling. My jaw dropped... I thought blizz once said this wouldn't happen. It shouldn't happen in my opinion.

It's been a good run. But it's over. Don't even want to finish my sub time but my guild is hurting for bodies in raid. Guess I'll play it out until Tomb.

old first line: So I went to do world quests today and I found that mobs I use to be able to solo (barely at times) I can no longer solo....
    Nice that you played so long only to quit over something so stupid, See you back in 2 weeks.....if you can wait that long.

PS- Posting a long list of how you subs tell us 2 things.

1. You played the game all this time.

OR

2. You got money and just leave your account subbed when you quit or take breaks.

Considering you quit for such a dumb reason it kinda points to number 2
    Last edited by Reclaimer; 2017-03-31 at 12:11 AM.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Have u tried acting like an adult, if THIS made u unsub, also, if u could barely solo mobs, what kind gear u have, like 810?
    How is unsubbing "not acting like an adult"? I cannot get behind the idea ilevel scaling; it's a bad idea. It doesn't, I believe it was watcher who said, "feel very good." Why am I grinding out all these artifact points--in addition to all these instances--if any reward I get will be taken away any time a new patch hits and the devs feel they need to change the scaling challenge? Why was this measure never necessary before? Because when they added a new area, they let the old zone become obsolete. There's no reason for not going continuing this system by Watcher's pride. He loves his new world quests so much he refuses to let them become obsolete.

Instead of nerfing the content, they boost our power and then nerf us outside? It's just strange, unpredictable design. We ask for more clarity, the promise it, then unleash this massive change which actually was noticed by players on the PTR, contrary to what they are saying.

In light of this and the way they have handled flying, I have had about enough of WoW. And as for, "no one cares" it is that attitude which is quite "stupid" (a word I normally despise on forums). Because when subscribers leave, the game's diminished--if not necessarily demise--must follow. It also becomes one more person who tells their friends, "No, I quit because..." generating a negative feedback chain which cannot be good for a game already so decimated by aging players.

I might add there's little point in gearing an alt as now, it feels about the same on my alt as on my main when I do outdoor content.

Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Bye. No one cares
    This sums it up.
    You are looking for an excuse, and simply jump onto a bandwagon to avoid discussing the real reason, YOU.
    Good Riddance.
    The game is left in a marginally better state when those who don't want to be there still are actually get around to leaving.
    They only drag down the experience of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

To each their own. I don't get it but have fun doing something else.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Nice that you played so long only to quit over something so stupid, See you back in 2 weeks.....if you can wait that long.

PS- Posting a long list of how you subs tell us 2 things.

1. You played the game all this time.
    2. You got money and just leave your account subbed when you quit or take breaks.
    Actually the posting of the sub was added after the original post because people were questioning the remaining time left coinciding with the current date and calling BS on my unsub. It also answered a question for a PM. But it's really not important. But yes I have played wow the entire time. yes there were periods of very little play as work didn't allow me to play as much as I like. But I have usually managed to raid, but not always progressively.

Many more details in the entire thread if you want to skim all the unproductive posts. It will also give insight into the reason I quit.

I don't like it, but i quit like 3 weeks ago anyways. I'm done with WoW until the Argus patch, possibly more than that. I'm not interesting in grinding AP, i'm not interested in time gated content.

It's a pointless change by Blizzard's part because it's yet another fix, in a long line of fixes, to fix something that wasn't broken (or didn't matter), in the first place.

I wasn't happy about level scaling in Legion, and item level scaling is way too far. Both things totally negate any kind of real character progression you had. To me, it's fun staying in a zone longer than I should while leveling, because it gets easier with every level. Not so with Legion. No matter. It's fun hitting max level and getting geared, and going back to those zones and blasting mobs away.

However.

I'm an 863 item level fire mage and stopped playing around January. I came back for patch 7.2 and the mobs are just melting away. So, whatever changes they made were so trivial that the furor this has created, along with the work effort spent by Blizzard, is just so pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Oh god forbid you have a challenge when you're doing world content.
    Again: why do I want a challenge when I'm doing a WQ for the millionth time, or simply riding TOO that WQ along the ground...?

Challenges are for raiding, and mythics, and rated PVP. Not the boring grindy part. Who SERIOUSLY wants the grind to take longer, or be "challenging"? That's just stupid.

It's a pointless change that Blizz added on the DL because they knew there would be backlash and there's literally no point to what they've done.
    Last edited by Raziella; 2017-03-31 at 12:25 AM.

I still 2 shot mobs in 908 ilvl eqipped. I didn't even notice till someone told me. Then I noticed the rares had about 60% more health, but didn't die much slower.

So I guess, cya never.

My 860 warrior can solo world quests fine and world scaling only hits after 850. If in 850 you can't solo world content, the only thing that will be missed is your subscription fee to make more content for us.

Edit: Just read what I wrote. Kinda mean. But honestly, I won't even edit it out. Sick to the back teeth of everyone making a thread about every little thing they don't like.

Kara a mythic+ and hc? Hurr unsub.
    New world content? Unsub.
    No flying until exalted and achievement? Unsub
    World scaling. Not a big deal, but unsub lul.
    Last edited by Ozyorkbourne; 2017-03-31 at 12:29 AM.

How is mob scaling a turn off for people rofl, are you that daft?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Again: why do I want a challenge when I'm doing a WQ for the millionth time, or simply riding TOO that WQ along the ground...?

Challenges are for raiding, and mythics, and rated PVP. Not the boring grindy part. Who SERIOUSLY wants the grind to take longer, or be "challenging"? That's just stupid.

It's a pointless change that Blizz added on the DL because they knew there would be backlash and there's literally no point to what they've done.
    "ME, ME, ME" - thats what I am seeing here.
    Complaints about the impact on YOU only, without considering any of what blizzard said about the impact on other players.

You dismiss it as having no point, because of a narrow-minded view.

It isn't adding in some "challenge" - it is simply a reduction in the impact of gear out in the world.
    You act like it is a completely nullification of the benefit.
    Not remotely close, but instead a fractional reduction.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account

Ye I unsub because of this LOL, go drink a beer or so and relax.

Am I the only one who still havent even noticed any difference on this? On any of my chars even
    Ppl are starting to unsub wtf seriously what is wrong with the community today

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Am I the only one who still havent even noticed any difference on this? On any of my chars even
    Ppl are starting to unsub wtf seriously what is wrong with the community today
    You are not, because the difference is so negligible. The crying over this is ridiculous. Just point and laugh at these people like I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    To each their own. I don't get it but have fun doing something else.
    P much this. I don't understand the overreaction to this, but it is ultimately their money, their choice.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    their money, their choice.
    This, or the money from their parents.

If World Quests are going to remain current content, while our item level is going to rise 200 points throughout the expansion, then some scaling needs to take place. If we're just one-shotting things with auto-attacks at the end of 7.3, we're not really doing worthy content.

The scaling was too heavy. Blizzard agreed. Made very reasonable changes.

Blizzard's reasoning was sound. Their reaction quick and solid.

If people will really quit over it, let them. They have that right. As I have the right to believe it idiotic.

I just wish people that quit WoW also quit the WoW community.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hunter still destroys everything she comes up against. Couldn't care less if they revert it, make it stronger, weaker, etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.